• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do people think? I like him and not just for his name, which is amusing in itself and for the fact he isn't at all bony and built like a brick brickhouse. One of his legs is about the same size as me. Awesome dude, and scary.

Had an absolutely storming season either scoring or assisting in every league game other than 5 games this season. Would love him.

Don't see much of the Eridivise, is he that good or is he just scoring goals in a poor league. Other than van Nistelrooy I'm struggling to think of a striker who has come from there and made an immediate impact in the Premier league. Even RvP took 5 seasons before he topped 20 goals and before his bumper year last year only averaged 13.5 goals per season.

Don't know much about him, but it concerns me that he was West Ham's backup option to signing Carroll.

Don't see much of the Eridivise, is he that good or is he just scoring goals in a poor league. Other than van Nistelrooy I'm struggling to think of a striker who has come from there and made an immediate impact in the Premier league. Even RvP took 5 seasons before he topped 20 goals and before his bumper year last year only averaged 13.5 goals per season.

Luis Suarez, Dirk Kuyt, Arjen Robben, Dennis Bergkamp just to name a few..

Don't know much about him, but it concerns me that he was West Ham's backup option to signing Carroll.

What concerns me is that they were only considering him as a back up option when he'd have been the best striker they'd had since di Canio.

Bony is good enough for the premiership and he also has a good attitude unlike Afonso Alves or Kezman.

Suarez I'll give you, Kuyt was a 15 goal a season striker at best (albeit played out of position most of the time), Robben and Bergkamp weren't natural strikers.

If we're buying a striker I would prefer we sign someone who'll take the slack from Bale and score 20 to 25 goals a season.

Bergkamp came via Italy.

There's obviously quality in the Eridivise, as we proved with Verts. But it does have the same trait as the SPL of being able to make journeyman players (especially forwards) look like world beaters.

Bony's goals have been against top Eredivisie sides too this season. Two in Amsterdam when Vitesse beat Ajax on their own patch. Scored the winner against Feyenoord in Arnhem and his goal also decided the game in Eindhoven against PSV.

Kezman meanwhile had a terrible record in the CL despite having Robben and Rommedahl feeding him from the wings. He kept on missing chance upon chance.

I'd be shocked if Bony flops. Okay it wouldn't help if he went to Sunderland where he'd have no service but to most sides he should be an asset.

Bony's goals have been against top Eredivisie sides too this season. Two in Amsterdam when Vitesse beat Ajax on their own patch. Scored the winner against Feyenoord in Arnhem and his goal also decided the game in Eindhoven against PSV.

Kezman meanwhile had a terrible record in the CL despite having Robben and Rommedahl feeding him from the wings. He kept on missing chance upon chance.

I'd be shocked if Bony flops. Okay it wouldn't help if he went to Sunderland where he'd have no service but to most sides he should be an asset.

If have him over Benteke now purely for the comments that have been attributed to him. He looks a real player who could suit the our team and he isn't a lazy git which can be an issue with some of the players we have.

But given the choice is take him for anything around £12M

Have we been seriously linked though? Seems the guy wants to come to the UK and isn't too pricey either and would surely join us if Spammers are in for him.

If have him over Benteke now purely for the comments that have been attributed to him. He looks a real player who could suit the our team and he isn't a lazy git which can be an issue with some of the players we have.

But given the choice is take him for anything around £12M

some might accuse him of being one though.

He isn't a striker who runs around closing down defenders, preventing them from having time on the ball. He's no Mandzukic.

That said he isn't lethargic. It's just the way he is. Roy Makaay was invisible for most of his games too before suddenly appearing and scoring.

I actually do still have some belief in Adebayor. I said it before the Chelsea game. Adebayor actually has the potential to change the game and with Defoe, you know that he won't do anything. It'd be pointless to start Defoe against Chelsea. He's the man against Hull, Wigan and San Marino. That's his level.
If only Adebayor bothered turning up every week. Could injuries have played a part this season? he's been in and out of the team because of them.

Last edited:
some might accuse him of being one though.

He isn't a striker who runs around closing down defenders, preventing them from having time on the ball. He's no Mandzukic.

That said he isn't lethargic. It's just the way he is. Roy Makaay was invisible for most of his games too before suddenly appearing and scoring.

I actually do still have some belief in Adebayor. I said it before the Chelsea game. Adebayor actually has the potential to change the game and with Defoe, you know that he won't do anything. It'd be pointless to start Defoe against Chelsea. He's the man against Hull, Wigan and San Marino. That's his level.
If only Adebayor bothered turning up every week. Could injuries have played a part this season? he's been in and out of the team because of them.

if bony is like that then i dont want him personally

i want a team that has 10 outfield players at all times contributing in some way together as one all the time

Seen plenty of rumours that Saudi Sportswashing Machine & Swansea are serious about this guy 12m being quoted......

Have not seen a great deal other than tube and his stats are impressive......even for dutch league without trying to sound snobby....

bottom line we could be a goer a realistic target without massive wages who knows where the net his and has physical presence to occupy defenders and create space for the likes of bale.

we should be in for him.

He was brick in the African nations. I remember the commentators were similar to many of the post in this thread.. talking him up. By the end, the commentators were left scratching there heads.

IMO to risky

He started 1 game.

But as we're judging players on International tournaments lets sign Abel Hernandez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back