• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Why do you support Spurs?

My evil ex-step-dad took me and my brother to a home game against Southampton in 1974. We won 3-1. Then my brother and I started going to every home game in 1976 through to the early 80’s. Three tube trains and the long walk from seven sisters to the ground (couldn’t get an Uber for love or money). We stood at the front below the shelf. If anyone is old enough to remember the open titles to The Big Match where Terry Naylor shakes his fist and they cut to a young kid then back to Naylor apologizing, we stood with that family.

The second division years were great until we nearly ballsed it up. But the early 80’s were fab. I went to all the finals.

And despite the lean years it never left me and never will. My son is not that bothered, but I did get to take him to The Lane for the Bournemouth game. Which was brilliant. Not only to take him but we saw Kane score. And Jansen (I know, not a big deal as he scores when he wanted), but my son -then 11 - got to chant ‘Wheelchair, you’re a cnut’ and then serenade him limping off the pitch with ‘it’s happened again, it’s happened again!’

COYS!!!

You're a disgrace, football is like sex it's much better doing it than watching someone else doing it.

Haha, I know you're joking, but it really isn't! Playing 11 v 11 football is bloody boring, in my opinion (5 a side is great though) - so much running without getting the ball, but watching it with a cold beer is how it should be. :D

Haha, I know you're joking, but it really isn't! Playing 11 v 11 football is bloody boring, in my opinion (5 a side is great though) - so much running without getting the ball, but watching it with a cold beer is how it should be. :D

I'm not, one of the worst days in my life when I realised I couldn't play at the level I wanted to play at, I couldn't even go and watch my old club it just hurt so much.

Never, i finally had to give up playing ( because of injurys)) in my late 40's and it was a sad day for me.

A few of us at Primary School were discussing who they supported in the playground. I didn't have any affiliation (my father only cared about cricket). Most of my school friends seems to be Arsenal supporters, so I said Tottenham.

And then you disowned them as friends? Good tactic to filter out friends even from that age. Good work.

I've never liked it. Hated it when we started playing 11 vs 11. Went back to playing 7v7 when I was 20, and loved it. :D
Smaller games require more skill and less “power”
I play (well did until recently) a lot of 5 a side
The lads who are great 11 a side players can’t keep up as their all about lung runs and poor real technique

I was born in Fulham, my old man moved around quite a bit and for many years we lived in the sticks. Bidford on Avon, Hunstanton and various other places where there was not much interest in football.

We moved back to London when i was 12 ( and up to then had never had a interest in the game), the first game we went too was at Fulham thought we should as it was my birth place. I saw a player who was streets above everyone else ( including Haynes) that day and i became a fan, the guys name was Greaves ( of course he scored as well) and i have supported Spurs ever since.

EYoFM-2XkAIOzhc

That reminds me of a game against Oldham many years ago at Boundry park. We were caged in as usual but on this occasion we also had bars above our heads and the gate at the back was locked after we were all herded in. the stewards said that if we needed to get out for a tinkle or anything they would unlock it let us out.

However as soon as the game kicked off they all disappeared and we were left, by the time the second half kicked off we were swimming in tinkle, then someone decided he needed out and pulled a hammer out of his coat and smashed the lock off. Madness if there had been a fire we would have been in brick.

That reminds me of a game against Oldham many years ago at Boundry park. We were caged in as usual but on this occasion we also had bars above our heads and the gate at the back was locked after we were all herded in. the stewards said that if we needed to get out for a tinkle or anything they would unlock it let us out.

However as soon as the game kicked off they all disappeared and we were left, by the time the second half kicked off we were swimming in tinkle, then someone decided he needed out and pulled a hammer out of his coat and smashed the lock off. Madness if there had been a fire we would have been in brick.

Literally by the sounds of it.

There were loads of brilliant stories from that Second division season. I might bore everyone with some of them one day.

There were loads of brilliant stories from that Second division season. I might bore everyone with some of them one day.

It was a real eye opener to me, i only missed one game that season and that was Hull away. Like you say many brilliant stories and adventures i will always have it up there as a one of my favourite seasons. Mind you we nearly blew it at the end and i am not sure i would be saying the same if we had.

It was a real eye opener to me, i only missed one game that season and that was Hull away. Like you say many brilliant stories and adventures i will always have it up there as a one of my favourite seasons. Mind you we nearly blew it at the end and i am not sure i would be saying the same if we had.

I did most of the home and aways that season. Might have missed a couple of aways but memory is hazy.

Most people our age would love to relive that season.

Back