• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Why are people not more excited about Champ League?

Essex Yid

Bobby Zamora
I know there was potential for more this season, but it has struck me that no one seems to be buzzing about the very real possibility of champions league football this season. Think back to lasagne gate season and the season that we eventually qualified and there was such an air of excitement around the forums, the ground etc.

True, we've still got a bit to do, and we have to hope Chelsea slip up, but that was almost the exact position we were in in lasagne gate season with Arse in the champ league final. Come onnn, there's potential for some more glory glory nights, lets get a bit of buzz going. Have we really got so blase about the competition having been in it for one season?

We're all just pis.sed off because we were 13 points clear at one point

Now bugger off and leave us alone!

When we're in it I'll be excited. Until then, I'll go back to my state of perpetual pessimism that years of supporting spurs has taught me thanks.

Yeah, Fulham will be tough as hell. If we get third I'm over the moon, if we get 4th I won't celebrate before I see Bayern thrash Chelscum in the final. I'm pretty damn excited about Sunday though, just won't allow myself to get my hopes up.

We arent in the CL, and even after (potentially) finishing 4th we still might not be - so its hard to get excited at this point

So you weren't even slightly excited in previous seasons where we were challenging for 4th? Obviously you've got to be excited with a degree of caution, but surely part of you is dreaming of a night at the Nou Camp/return to the Bernebau etc?

Too much disappointment this season. Most likely scenario is that we win on Sunday and finish top 4 AND for Chelsea to lose the CL final but our luck has been so out that you can almost guarantee that it will all go wrong!!

So you weren't even slightly excited in previous seasons where we were challenging for 4th? Obviously you've got to be excited with a degree of caution, but surely part of you is dreaming of a night at the Nou Camp/return to the Bernebau etc?

Its the whole business of the Chelsea CL final mate. If it were Bayern-Barca I'm sure people round here would be much more upbeat. Right now we would be thinking Chelsea out of the running in the league, just need to win against Fulham o, failing that, there is always the backup that Saudi Sportswashing Machine fail to win.

Of course I am! But with the other season as an example, as excited as I was I tempered it with the knowledge we werent actually "in" until the end of the Young Boys tie...

I know there was potential for more this season, but it has struck me that no one seems to be buzzing about the very real possibility of champions league football this season. Think back to lasagne gate season and the season that we eventually qualified and there was such an air of excitement around the forums, the ground etc.

True, we've still got a bit to do, and we have to hope Chelsea slip up, but that was almost the exact position we were in in lasagne gate season with Arse in the champ league final. Come onnn, there's potential for some more glory glory nights, lets get a bit of buzz going. Have we really got so blase about the competition having been in it for one season?

Because We/Harry are doing our very best to fall short.

We are only in with a shout aym, because arsenal have been terrible for the last few matches, otherwise we'd be out of 3rd and clinging to a chance of 4th.

At the beginning of the season that would have been alright, but this was our best chance .

Arsenal and Chelsea have not been this poor for years, we have not had a better squad/ team than Arsenal for years

We should have been home and hosed.

Plus even if we come 4th, we have to worry about the final and then the qualification. It's not really glory, glory stuff.

Too many if's and maybes.

Had we beaten Villa , it would have all been different . that could turn out to be the most defining match of our recent history. Or we will get one last piece of luck and WBA will save our bacon.

Just thinking back to those nights makes me grin like a madman. That night at the San Siro was one of my proudest, if not the proudest, of my Spurs-supporting life. Unfortunately, there's still a loooooong way to go before qualification for Champions League 2012-13.

Too much disappointment this season. Most likely scenario is that we win on Sunday and finish top 4 AND for Chelsea to lose the CL final but our luck has been so out that you can almost guarantee that it will all go wrong!!

We had some amazing luck when Norwich beat Arsenal, you have to take advantage of your luck and ride out your bad luck.

We won't be unlucky if we don't make it, it will down to bad management in the later part of the season and in the Jan window.

Amongst other things having Rose play LB? That's not unlucky, that is just stupid/lazy or sloppy

... because Small Club might take it away from us.

That, along with the goons upsurge, may have contributed to altering some people's reaction to our position.

We have two cup finals left this season.

Back