• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who's in and who's out- tactics 2014/2015

I believe that BAE originally said he was in it for the cash but after playing for a few years admitted that he actually enjoyed what he was doing

BAE will, I assume, like all the other players, be evaluated by this new regime of ours in training and pre-season. If he shows himself to be the best we have at the LB position, and we don't bring in anyone better, then he will start...and assuming he plays well, will keep his place.

I'm told one of Poch attributes is 'getting the best out of players'...both younger and old(er). That being the case, then the possibility exists that BAE could have his best football ahead of him for us. Some are excited about what Poch will do with so and so, and so presumably this could extend to BAE too.

LB was clearly a problem position for us last season, and they are not easy to find and/or get. We are obviously not dealing from a position of strength at LB, and as such are not in a position to dismiss a player of the caliber of BAE. And so, if BAE comes back strong and Poch can get the most out of him it would be a massive boost to the club, I think.

Not sure about Rose, but he may do well with a year of development and seasoning in Poch system, playing in the cup games.

Last edited:
BAE will, I assume, like all the other players, be evaluated by this new regime of ours in training and pre-season. If he shows himself to be the best we have at the LB position, and we don't bring in anyone better, then he will start...and assuming he plays well, will keep his place.

I'm told one of Poch attributes is 'getting the best out of players'...both younger and old(er). That being the case, then the possibility exists that BAE could have his best football ahead of him for us. Some are excited about what Poch will do with so and so, and so presumably this could extend to BAE too.

LB was clearly a problem position for us last season, and they are not easy to find and/or get. We are obviously not dealing from a position of strength at LB, and as such are not in a position to dismiss a player of the caliber of BAE. And so, if BAE comes back strong and Poch can get the most out of him it would be a massive boost to the club, I think.

Not sure about Rose, but he may do well with a year of development and seasoning in Poch system, playing in the cup games.

BAE had a poor season in the Championship and has looked equally as poor at the World Cup. Rose has never convinced at any point. If we go into next season without a new signing at left back we will pay for it. Poch looks a decent coach, but he's not a miracle worker!

BAE had a poor season in the Championship and has looked equally as poor at the World Cup. Rose has never convinced at any point. If we go into next season without a new signing at left back we will pay for it. Poch looks a decent coach, but he's not a miracle worker!

I actually think BAE has looked good at the world cup

Part of the problem BAE had with AVB and Ramos will continue with Poch I think. Quite a few Southampton players have talked about the time and energy Poch puts into small details about how they play and move as a unit. The kind of detailed work I really don't think BAE responds well to, he's much more suited to a "go out and do your thing" style of management where he's given freedom to play as he sees fit.

I really don't doubt that he's good enough in theory at least, but if he will fit in with Poch I'm not so sure.

I really would prefer to see us bring in a new left back.

Marcelo and James Rodriguez? Well if we're playing that game, this would be my team for next season:

..........................Neuer

Lahm.....Thiago Silva.......Kompany.......Marcelo

..............Iniesta.........Yaya Toure

Ronaldo..............Neymar..................Robben

.........................Messi

Rodriguez is a bit impossible, but we have been linked with Marcelo recently. Wonder who Real have in mind for left back?

Marcelo and James Rodriguez? Well if we're playing that game, this would be my team for next season:

I like this team, might just get us 4th.

I like this team, might just get us 4th.

Nah, we'd still spurs it up, half of those players would turn c8** when they joined us, another quarter would develop mysterious back injuries that would rule them out for whole seasons without any updates or explanation and the remaining quarter would do well, but would get tapped up by Real Madrid and stop bothering after Xmas.

We'd miss out on 4th by a point on the last day of the season, needing a draw to finish 4th, the team would develop a mystery illness having eaten some dodgy pre-match meal and be half fit and lose to whoever average pile of cr** would ahve their performance of the season against us.

Modric for Iniesta and swap the wide men around. I'd probably just keep Hugo too, don't want to be greedy.

Back