• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who's in and who's out- tactics 2014/2015

Better than any other left back I've seen at Spurs in my time and good enough for the team that got 2 4th place finishes the most consistent team in my time watching Spurs.

BAE being out the team IMO has contributed to our worst league placing in 5 years. Its no coincidence in my mind anyway. Left back went from a filled position which we could look at upgrading if a world class left back.came along to a position that is a devastating weak point in the team

Which has absolutely no impact on whether someone should be in the side today.

Which has absolutely no impact on whether someone should be in the side today.

Of course not, but people writing him off as not good enough are being ridiculous as if he's as good as when he left, which I can't see why he wouldn't be under a decent coach and system, then he is far better than our other options there, so unless we delve into the transfer market, he's in the team for me.

Also, some are pointing to this head-butt as a reason why he shouldn't be in the team. On that basis, I hope they don't want us to sign any player who has ever let their temper get the better of them or made any mistake whatsoever. Only perfect human beings will do for THFC, I'm afraid.

Of course not, but people writing him off as not good enough are being ridiculous as if he's as good as when he left, which I can't see why he wouldn't be under a decent coach and system, then he is far better than our other options there, so unless we delve into the transfer market, he's in the team for me.

Also, some are pointing to this head-butt as a reason why he shouldn't be in the team. On that basis, I hope they don't want us to sign any player who has ever let their temper get the better of them or made any mistake whatsoever. Only perfect human beings will do for THFC, I'm afraid.

His performances has been on a downward curve for two seasons now. I see no good reason to think he's suddenly going to just turn it on again.

if he's not tearing it up down in the championship he's certainly not good enough to play for us

he had his time, for some of it he was brilliant, but if we're picking teams based on past performance alone let's have greaves and Lineker up front next year

(actually, I'd rather that than Ade)

His performances has been on a downward curve for two seasons now. I see no good reason to think he's suddenly going to just turn it on again.

Really? He's only been on a' downward drive's since AVB joined who clearly didn't get on with him and then ostracized him from the group and sent him yo QPR where clearly his heart isn't in it at that level.

Don't see that as a reason to get rid unless we buy someone better there aren't many left backs as good as Benny in the Premiership and he's light years ahead of Rose and Fryers.

he was atrocious in his last run in the spurs side, absolutely awful, worse than he was when we first signed him

he was atrocious in his last run in the spurs side, absolutely awful, worse than he was when we first signed him

No he wasn't he wasn't as bad as Rose or anyone else we had to play there but he did drop in form as he clearly wasn't happy under AVB.

I disagree, his last couple of games for us made Rose look like Maldini IMO

Well that's hyperbole to a new level. Benny was poor, definitely, but plays have poor patches. During some of his last games with us King looked like Calum Davenport. Admittedly, King had injury troubles, but in that last season so did Benoit. He's got a much better left foot than Rose, he has better presence of mind too. Better positioning, and an equally questionable temper. But as a footballer, BAE is streets ahead of Rose.

he has been better at the World Cup, I'll give you that

for a player who has freely admitted he's only in it for the money, i can't see why he'd be any more motivated next season than last?

he's got old and comfortable, no shame in that, but we need to move forward

he has been better at the World Cup, I'll give you that

for a player who has freely admitted he's only in it for the money, i can't see why he'd be any more motivated next season than last?

he's got old and comfortable, no shame in that, but we need to move forward

I think that you are misrepresenting what he has said there. He has said that it is a job but he is hardly a player who is entranced by the trappings of fame or riches.

Yeah he doesn't like watching football and he doesn't follow it but he is a passionate and highly professional player most of the time who by all accounts trains hard and doesn't cause any bother.

I wish people would stop trying to paint him as someone he isn't- he's never been anytthing but professional with us and you could tell he didn't want to be at QPR he constantly tweeted about spurs matches and said come on you spurs he even came to watch many of our games last season as a guest of Adebayor when he could.

His performances for Cameroon leave me in no doubt that he's the best we have in that position, to unless we're planning a move for someone better I can't believe people would rather watch another season of Rose and Naughton at left back- laughable

Yeah he doesn't like watching football and he doesn't follow it but he is a passionate and highly professional player most of the time who by all accounts trains hard and doesn't cause any bother.

I wish people would stop trying to paint him as someone he isn't- he's never been anytthing but professional with us and you could tell he didn't want to be at QPR he constantly tweeted about spurs matches and said come on you spurs he even came to watch many of our games last season as a guest of Adebayor when he could.

His performances for Cameroon leave me in no doubt that he's the best we have in that position, to unless we're planning a move for someone better I can't believe people would rather watch another season of Rose and Naughton at left back- laughable

He was in the stands watching us away at Fulham last season, in fact I think that he came to a fair few of our games last year.

Back