• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who's in and who's out- tactics 2014/2015

Then **** them off, I hope our manager has the balls to get rid of any one who is half assing it and not interested. Or just let them train with the U18s.

Pretty sure AVB done that and it ended up with everyone turning on him.

I really think Holtby has a great chance to develop under Poch. He seems to be capable of a lot of running, so wouldn't be out of place in the middle three when pressing, but he can also give so much to the attack.

I really think a number of players can progress under the right coach and i really hope Holtby is given that chance.

I have always liked the look of a midfield / attack of

Sandro Holtby

Lamela Sig Eriksen

Soldado​

I really think Holtby has a great chance to develop under Poch. He seems to be capable of a lot of running, so wouldn't be out of place in the middle three when pressing, but he can also give so much to the attack.

I think he has what it takes to play there but he will need to improve his reading of the game and discipline to be a success. I think that he chases too many lost causes at the moment but hopefully that is just youthful exuberance and a keenness to impress.

Pretty sure AVB done that and it ended up with everyone turning on him.

Yeah, but it seems that AVB suffered from some form of autism, whereas as apparently Poch creates a team spirit and players want to play for him. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a foremost criteria in the appointment: someone to rebuild a team spirit following the aforementioned and psychotic gillet launcher.

from a players perspective, this coming season surely everyone has a clean slate (including those that went out on loan like holtby, BAE, Carrol etc) - everyone has a chance to impress the new man, those that are up for the challenge will be kept and will develop and those that aren't up to the job will be moved on.

What I hope though is that everyone gets a fair crack of the whip and we dont end up with a Daws/AVB situation again - sure the new guy will want to bring in his types of players and if Lovren is one of those then great, but Lovren still has to earn the right to play ahead of the others if he wants to get picked - same as everyone else.

Re Holtby - the claim that we was a bit of a headless chicken in pressing was probably fair but from what little i've read Poch likes his teams to be a bit more organised in how they press, so Holtby might actually flourish under Poch if he follows what he's told.

I really do have a good feeling about Poch - sure there will be ups as well as downs, we're not going to turn into an all conquering team overnight, but over the course of the season the team's style will develop and that can only be a good thing. Roll on pre-season.

from a players perspective, this coming season surely everyone has a clean slate (including those that went out on loan like holtby, BAE, Carrol etc) - everyone has a chance to impress the new man, those that are up for the challenge will be kept and will develop and those that aren't up to the job will be moved on.

What I hope though is that everyone gets a fair crack of the whip and we dont end up with a Daws/AVB situation again - sure the new guy will want to bring in his types of players and if Lovren is one of those then great, but Lovren still has to earn the right to play ahead of the others if he wants to get picked - same as everyone else.

Re Holtby - the claim that we was a bit of a headless chicken in pressing was probably fair but from what little i've read Poch likes his teams to be a bit more organised in how they press, so Holtby might actually flourish under Poch if he follows what he's told.

I really do have a good feeling about Poch - sure there will be ups as well as downs, we're not going to turn into an all conquering team overnight, but over the course of the season the team's style will develop and that can only be a good thing. Roll on pre-season.

Agreed, could see some players get a real boost under Poch (whilst others might fall out of favour).

Not convinced about BAE, he's the kind of left back I think we need in that he's excellent on the ball, but he didn't enjoy working under Ramos or AVB it seems. Poch is another one that demands a lot from his players and spends a lot of time with detailed instructions. I would be happy if Poch found a good way to work with BAE though.

One thought on Carroll is that it was said at one point by one of the coaches that only Livermore out of the (then) first team squad had more stamina than Carroll. Poch likes young players and he likes players that do a lot of running (in addition to other qualities of course), might be a player he ends up liking.

One thing I disagree about it the "earn the right to play ahead of the others if he wants to get picked". If Poch and Baldini bring in players that they think fit Poch's preferred style of play better than our current players, and that Poch rates higher than our current players then that's enough to deserve to start.

Haven't posted in for ages, but is tight head a gooner on the wind up?

What position do people think Allan's plays? In the attacking three, or in a middle three controlling and dictating?

For me I would buy - NEW YOUNG OR OLD BACK UP KEEPER, LEFT BACK, WINGER

lloris/NEW GK
Walker/ Naughton
Chiriches/ kaboul
Vertonghen/ Dawson
NEW LB / Fryers
Sandro/Capoue
Dembele/bentaleb
Lamela/Lennon
Eriksen/Paulinho
NEW WINGER/Chadli
Soldado/Ade

With friedel, Kane and Carroll as additional squad players

Sell Rose, ekotto, Livermore, Townsend, Siggurdsson, holtby,

With Holland beating Spain so well and Mexico holding their own against one of the favourites to win last night, is it time to embrace the 5-3-2 formation? I know Hoddle has spoken of his desire to play this system during the season, and whilst many laughed at him it seems to be working at this world cup. Could we try?

---------------------Lloris-------------------
----------Chiriches---Lovren---Verts--------
Walker---------------------------------Blind
--------------Sandro----Paulinho------------
-------------------Eriksen-------------------
----------Lamela-----------Soldado------------

This is very similar to the Holland & Mexico lineups. I think it'll be a great role for Walker as he can focus on attacking more rather than defending, and Blind played so well that night and I beleive we've been linked with him. If not Rose may prosper in the role, especially if he can cross the ball after running say 30 yards rather than 60. Thoughts?

If Benoit trains in preseason like he's played so far at the World Cup, I think we've found our left back.

He's a superb left back. Good defender (wouldn't say great but he's a lot better than Rose, skill and calmness to play out from the back and great passing

BAE was instrumental in allowing Bale getting forward, and also an outlet for Modric on the left. BAE had excellent vision and could ping a ball anywhere. just ope we haven't lost the old BAE, his performances in QPR haven't really been inspiring.... but its QPR and a different division.

Yep, we could use a player who will headbutt his team mate when he has got the ump.

Can you please fill me in on exactly what happened and what was said between both players please? Oh, you don't know? Okay then.

Can you please fill me in on exactly what happened and what was said between both players please? Oh, you don't know? Okay then.

Are you seriously having a laugh? regardless of what someone said you do not headbutt a team mate or anyone else for that matter.

Last edited:
So in all of the many seasons BAE has been at Spurs you would say that was in keeping with his general behaviour?

Did you not see the video someone put up of him pushing and having a row with a Spurs team mate? Kranjcar if i am not mistaken?

Fact of the matter is BAE is not good enough and when he played for Spurs you would always know when he would do that silly little back flick he does. Predictable and not good enough.

Fact of the matter is BAE is not good enough and when he played for Spurs you would always know when he would do that silly little back flick he does. Predictable and not good enough.

Better than any other left back I've seen at Spurs in my time and good enough for the team that got 2 4th place finishes the most consistent team in my time watching Spurs.

BAE being out the team IMO has contributed to our worst league placing in 5 years. Its no coincidence in my mind anyway. Left back went from a filled position which we could look at upgrading if a world class left back.came along to a position that is a devastating weak point in the team

Back