• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who would you support?

Had a free choice as my parents weren't great football fans. Was a toss up between Spurs and my local team Colchester Utd, not really a difficult choice to make :)

Same is true for me, although I remember watching the 1987 cup final with my granddad who wanted Spurs to win and that was it!

Probably Southampton... great grandfather was the chairman of St Mary's FC which became Southampton FC, but thankfully my Gran and Dad had moved to Edmonton before the war, so it was a no brainer. My Gran was the biggest influence, bless her soul!

As disgusting as this makes me feel, my cousin gave me his crown paints Liverpool top and I wore it a few times before my Dad slapped some sense into me

My dad and sister are Arsenal fans! to be fair he never forced Arsenal on me and let me make my own choice, though he probably never thought i'd choose Spurs! Happy with my choice though and always have been.

Well, I used to support ManU after the 1999 final, I was just 9 and I loved their young team. But after watching PREML I choosed to support Spurs and then Mido came to the club and made it my only team in England.

Completely forget I was a Utd fan as well until I was 7, still would be if it wasn't for Steve Rideout (won Everton the FA Cup in 95), felt like supporting someone else after that and chose Spurs.

Regardless as to what has happened since I'm still delighted with my final choice :)

Like the late 30/early 40 somethings in this thread, the teams supported at school (North London) were Tottenham, Goons, LFC and Ipswich (Bobby Robson's side)...

My bro supported LFC so I was leaning towards them... That was until my N17 living friend showed me the way...

So it might have been the Scousers. I did like the diagonal stripe on Vince Hilaire's shirt (Palace) and Irvine Natrass was my first Panini sticker (Boro) but I think I would have soon figured out Spurs (being a Wood Green lad). The Goons were never in question thankfully...

Back