• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who would you support?

My Dad is a Chel53a fan so it probably would have been them. I support Spurs because on of my uncles was a massive Spurs fan and promised to take me to a game if I started supporting Spurs or beat the crud out of me if I didn't. It was an easy choice. Other than that, there is a fair number of Ar5ena1 supporters in my family but none of them were close enough to me at that time to have had an influence.

Sorry to hear that.

I can remember choosing Oxford United as my team as a kid, they were bottom of Division 1 at the time, as far as I can remember. Tough choice between them and Norwich. Because of the yellow shirts. Then I saw the 91 FA Cup final with my cousin (only real football fan in my family, and a Spurs fan), and learned that Spurs had yellow away kits, and was sold.

Liverpool I'd say as when I was growing up they were the dominant force in English football, thank fudge I don't !!!!

Yeah we're about the same age so I'd have probably done the same if I had no influence from my parents. Bizarrely as a really really young kid I liked hearts coz of some top trumps style game I had! If my dad wasn't about but my mum influenced me I'd have been Pompey or Liverpool, if my dad hadn't been a spurs fan he'd have been an Ipswich fan.

If I'd been left to my own devices I may have changed allegiances and become a Col U fan as I loved being able to go and watch Championship matches in the terraces (especially with Teddy and Yeates playing!)

My old mans a Chelsea fan but I would have probably have supported Ipswich if it wasn't for Hoddle and the allure of the name "Tottenham Hotspur"

Would be Nottingham Forest for me. That was my Mum's side of the family, went to quite a few games at the City ground in my yoof

Had a free choice as my parents weren't great football fans. Was a toss up between Spurs and my local team Colchester Utd, not really a difficult choice to make :)

My dad was a ST holder in the 70s and 80s, his brother in law took him to games when he was a kid and was a huge Spurs man, wore a black armband when he lost... hmm. He died shortly before I was born, my old man didn't force Spurs on me but seemed a no-brainer, if not Spurs it probably would have been Utd, my cousins were fans and used to give me all their old shirts to get me to support them. Geographically it's the Spammers or Orient.

It was between Spurs and Arsenal as the two local teams. I have a vague recollection of discussion about football in the playground at Primary School. Most of my friends had chosen Arsenal, so I naturally opted for Spurs. I think Arsenal would have been marginally more local, although I wouldn't have known about that.

Had a free choice as my parents weren't great football fans. Was a toss up between Spurs and my local team Colchester Utd, not really a difficult choice to make :)
I used to love standing in the bar side - much better than being told to sit down for 90 mins! Not been since they moved to the new stadium. If they introduced safe standing areas in the English leagues it'd make my day!

I used to love standing in the bar side - much better than being told to sit down for 90 mins! Not been since they moved to the new stadium. If they introduced safe standing areas in the English leagues it'd make my day!

What i liked about Layer road was being able to change ends at half time so you could hurl abuse at the away keeper in both halves :p

What i liked about Layer road was being able to change ends at half time so you could hurl abuse at the away keeper in both halves :p
Lol we stood there once and a guy was running up and down nonstop hurling abuse at someone (can't remember if it was the re for a player) they didn't chuck him out or anything!

I lived a stones throw from Bramall Lane, my Dad was a Wednesdayite, my Mum supported Carlisle United, my first favourite player was Peter Lorimer, my first game was Sheffield U v Leeds. However, I eventually fell for the team I was destined to support, I was born the year we won the double, so there should never have been any doubt.

I always look out for SUFC, Carlisle and whoever Stevie P is associated with, so Exeter at the moment.

My older brothers spent 1966-1970 in London and were Man U fans. I grew up with a picture of Bobby Charlton (my eldest brother's favorite player) on my wall and got a man u scarf once when one of them spent a term in London when in college. So I would have been a man u fan had not Klinsmann gone to Spurs.

Nottingham Forest.

Despite their rich history (especially European) and my love for Brian Clough I am very grateful for my Dad's liberal approach to Fatherhood, if people think 'Spurs will always let you down' then think again, Forest must surely be the kings, so many times they've managed to bottle it over the past 15 years :(

I have always sort of followed Reading because I could not say it as the town when I was younger only able to say it as though you were READING a book. The word had me curious so my ears always spiked up when I heard them on final score. Still till this day I keep an eye on the results because I think it is funny to name a town after something you do.

Would never have supported a top flight team as I have always prided myself in being different, a little counter culture if you like. In Europe I follow Nice, Parma and Hamburg.
Nice because it is a nice place, Parma because I like the ham and Hamburg because I had the most depraved and disgusting but also enjoyable weekend of my life there.

I got 3 older brothers 1 not into football, 1 was a Chelsea fan the other Spurs. I toiled with Chelsea has a 6/7 year old. But opted for Spurs has they were nearer.

Growing up in Greece, we got to see a lot of Liverpool matches, as they were the dominant force in Europe. So even though it was a treat to watch them, I never really supported them. Then I saw Spurs in the drive to the 1984 UEFA Cup. That was all it took. So to be honest, if I didn't support Spurs, I probably wouldn't have supported any team in England. Nowadays, Spurs are my only team worldwide. It's Spurs or nothing.

Back