• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who would you support?

milo

Jack L. Jones
If your dad or whoever had not made you support Spurs who would you have ended up supporting and why?

it was solely my choice, the family team is Exeter City so it would probably be them

how about you Milo?

how about you Milo?

My Dad is a Chelsea fan so it probably would have been them. I support Spurs because on of my uncles was a massive Spurs fan and promised to take me to a game if I started supporting Spurs or beat the brick out of me if I didn't. It was an easy choice. Other than that, there is a fair number of Arsenal supporters in my family but none of them were close enough to me at that time to have had an influence.

I collected football stickers when I was in primary school, pretty much because everyone else was.

The other kids asked me what team I supported and eventually I went home and asked my dad what the nearest football team was (my dad didn't follow football). He told me it would be Leyton Orient or Tottenham. You couldn't get Leyton Orient stickers though so Tottenham it was. As a 10 year old it just made the most sense to support your local team.

Arsenal would have been the alternative with West Ham in third.

I feel lucky my dad has a good grasp of geography.

Up until seeing Hoddle score that volley on Match of the Day at the age of 7 I was Crystal Palace as it was my local team.

My Dad's family is from Dorset and are all Bournemouth fans. I had a season ticket down there for a while whilst I was still on crap wages and couldn't afford to get to the Lane on a regular basis.

I do have a couple of other clubs I have soft spots for. I lived in Vienna and still work for Rapid as a freelancer in the press section so I obviously have a soft spot there, and on moving to Munich I got myself an 1860 season ticket for a couple of seasons (which coincided with a huge down turn - they are currently in the relegation zone).

In a couple of weeks I'm moving to Hannover, so I'll check out some 96 games. Wolfsburg is also a short drive away so I'll check them out too. In June I'm then moving to Amsterdam so I'm definitely looking forward to getting down to some Ajax games. However I was born in Gelsenkirchen so Schalke 04 is actually my hometown club but I have no affinity for them whatsoever.

Family are all Portsmouth fans.

I was about to say I escaped there but they've won as many major trophies in the last 30 years as we have.

Liverpool I'd say as when I was growing up they were the dominant force in English football, thank fudge I don't !!!!

Reactions: Rob
My Dad and brothers are gooners. So... But yeah, I am a small ray of light in a mass of darkness in my family. Thank GHod for Gazza and his skills or I would have been a scum fan.

I originally come from south east London and when I was at school the majority of my mates supported West Ham, but I picked the winners of the 1967 cup final as my older sisters boyfriend was a Spurs fan. My Dad and his brothers were not really into footbal but had a liking for Spurs due to where the family were originally from and possibly due to the great double winning side. Two of my uncles on my mums side were gooners but because of my sisters boyfriends influence is why I am a Spurs fan. He took me to my first game at WHL and many time when I was a young teen, otherwise I would have probably ended up going to the Boleyn with all my schoolmates.
I am going to have a look in my loft this weekend and see if I can find the programme from my first Spurs game and will post the story of my memories from that in the next week or so

Decided on my own while watching Leeds - Tottenham in 1990/91 from under the living room table while my Liverpool supporting dad and his Leeds supporting mate were watching the game. I was 7 years old and never looked back :)

Palace was my nearest team growing up and the first match I ever went to (though I was already Spurs through my dad before then). They are still my second team.

Probably Manchester united. My dad was a London man united fan. He took me to a game when i was 5 as we lived near white hart lane. But the team in white won and so I supported spurs.

My step father is a Spurs fan so I supported Spurs. Had my biological father got to me first I'd be a West Ham fan. Thank fudge for that, the thought that I could have ended up as one of those p****s gives me the heebie jeebies. In fact I need a shower, the thought makes me feel dirty.

I moved from London to Shropshire when i was 10, all the kids supported Everton, Man U or Liverpool. I hated them all so i chose Spurs just to tinkle them off. The teacher used to let me out of school early so the locals couldent try and beet me up after school.

fudge them and there sheep shagging dads

Turn out i made the right choice ( Tottenham was dads first fire station back in the 60s)

Barnet but my granddad took my dad to tottenham in the 50's and the rest is history............

My grandad was a west ham fan so possibly them, if not them two of my best mates growing up were Man United and Arsenal fans so i guess i would have followed them.

I do remember having a bit of a thing for Villa that year they finished 2nd (early 90s??) when i was a kid - imagine being a Villa fan lol

We drove through Tottenham once to visit my ailing Great Grandma. My dad who didn't really support anyone pointed out the stadium. The next day Spurs were on the telly. Not long after they were on TOTP. The choice was obvious.

Back