• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who would you sell this summer?

thfcsteff

Terry Dyson
Apologies, but 'tis another thread that perhaps could generate some interesting discussion? Who would you sell this summer? Let's assume two things.

1) No CL football
2) New manager coming in with the promise of a budget

Taking into account this isn't a video game and we are not going to do these deals in a day of course…but we can pretend, right?

My 'sell' list?

Capoue - 9 mill
Sigurdsson - 8 mill
Chadli - 8 mill
Vertonghen - 20 mill
Dembele - 15 mill
Rose - 5 mill

add to this the fact we will likely lose Lloris unless he is a major 'G' (20 mill) and we'd have a total of 85 mill!

After putting some thought into this I think it is easier to think of who we should keep! I would keep the following players, as for the rest I would be fine selling them if the right price came about.

Keep:

Vertonghen
Lloris
Walker
Chiriches
Townsend
Lamela
Eriksen
Sandro
Bentaleb
Holtby
Adebayor

BAE
Livermore
Khumalo

Friedel, Gomes and Kaboul will all be released/are out of contract anyway.

I'd possibly be tempted to cash in on Siggy too, to bring in a more natural (inverted) left-side player.

But that's it. We've got a great squad and need minimal change. Just a leader to impose a vision and philosophy (and motivation).

I'd only bring in 3/4 too - a LB, LF, 2nd GK + possibly a Kaboul replacement

I'd sell Luda2013 to ArseMania. Hell, I'd even pay them to take him back.

Seriously though, I'd sell Rose, Dembele, Chadli, Vertonghen (because he clearly doesn't want to play for us anymore), Siggy, Dawson, Naughton, Rose, Rose, and Rose.

After putting some thought into this I think it is easier to think of who we should keep! I would keep the following players, as for the rest I would be fine selling them if the right price came about.

Keep:

Vertonghen
Lloris
Walker
Chiriches
Townsend
Lamela
Eriksen
Sandro
Bentaleb
Holtby
Adebayor

Agree with that list plus Kaboul if he can get fit again along with Dembele and Soldado, think there's 2 very good players there just need to find a way to convince them!

People also need to remember that we're at the limit of our homegrown quote.

Siggy, Dawson, Naughton, Rose etc can't leave and be replaced by foreign players. They have to be replaced by other homegrown players, or not at all

Sigurdsson and Holtby - would rather Carroll and Bentaleb make up the squad numbers
Rose (unless he is happy to be second choice)
Naughton (if we have a better prospect coming in)
Adebayor/Soldado - one of.

People also need to remember that we're at the limit of our homegrown quote.

Siggy, Dawson, Naughton, Rose etc can't leave and be replaced by foreign players. They have to be replaced by other homegrown players, or not at all

Sorry, I was just responding hypothetically. Those are the players I would want gone; if they can't go, so be it, but I would like to see the back of all four you mentioned! :)

Sigurdsson
capoue
towsend
lennon
rose
chadli

bring back holtby and tom carrol

dawson can stay because he loves the club but only as a back up

Can we make this a bigger thread by adding the question: who do you think will ask to leave this summer/be subject to a bigger club with CL bid?

To that question I say: Lloris/Verts/Paulinho

Dawson
Rose
Naughton

Maybe Ade

Chadli - Loan
Capoue - Loan
Bentelab - Loan
Townsend - Loan

We should be building our team around Lloris, Verts, Sandro, Walker, Holtby, Sig, Lamela and Eriksen.

Invisibilinho
Nogoaldado
Ghastli
Siggy

I would also consider selling vertonghen, Adebayor, and Kaboul for other reasons not related to their ability on the pitch.

No-one yet, we don't know who the manager will be so they may want players that we fans don't think are worth keeping. If we are going for a 433 next year though, then I think we would be better off losing one of Townsend or Lennon, one of Dembele or Paulinho, one of Sigurdson or Holtby, one of Fryers or Rose (we need a first choice LB so one of those is back up), Capoue or Sandro and probably Livermore.

Personaly I'd like to see us get a decent defensive midfielder who can take over from Sandro as I worry that these injuries may become a long term problem. For me if we are looking around the league for players we could pick up to fill in the gaps (realistically), then I'd look at someone like Fabian Delph from Villa.

could open this up to how you want to see our squad shape up next season? Im more interested in which areas people want to see us improve in, rather than a list of transfer targets...

Lloris - new back up
Walker - new back up
new LB - Rose
Kaboul - Dawson
Vertonghen - Chiriches
Sandro - Capoue
Paulhino - Dembele
Eriksen - Carroll - Bentelab
Lamela - Lennon
Townsend - Chadli
new forward - new back up - Ade or Soldado

No-one yet, we don't know who the manager will be so they may want players that we fans don't think are worth keeping. If we are going for a 433 next year though, then I think we would be better off losing one of Townsend or Lennon, one of Dembele or Paulinho, one of Sigurdson or Holtby, one of Fryers or Rose (we need a first choice LB so one of those is back up), Capoue or Sandro and probably Livermore.

Personaly I'd like to see us get a decent defensive midfielder who can take over from Sandro as I worry that these injuries may become a long term problem. For me if we are looking around the league for players we could pick up to fill in the gaps (realistically), then I'd look at someone like Fabian Delph from Villa.

Good point. LvG doesn't like to turnover players - he prefers coaching what he's got and organic growth.

Back