• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who would you rather have? Suarez current form or Bale last season form?

Bale or Suarez?

• Bale

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Suarez

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bale. He was ours, he was great, he was just born to play for Spurs.

Suarez is becomming a world great, but Bale last season was just ridiculous. You could actually have the debate all day long, they are both obviously very good. But Bale was proper Spurs.

Bale. I think Soldado would thrive on Bale's service. Plus Bale scores just as many and keeps the opposition on the backfoot. I think Bale is better than Suarez.

Suarez this season is performing at a higher level than Bale was last season. I think there are differences between how the two performed though in that Suarez seems to be the figurehead of a well coached team whilst Bale was more of a "saviour". In AVB's team I would rather have Bale as Suarez I think at least needs others to work off and our style was just too rigid for his qualities to show through fully, Bale on the otherhand is more adept at doing it alone. Suarez has 19 goals in 12 games, that's a run never seen before in the PL as far as I'm aware, whether he'll keep that up I don't know(I wouldn't be betting against it currently though) so overall you'd have to say him if we're purely looking at what they do on a football pitch.

Taking character out of the equation, then it has to be Suarez. 19 league goals in 12 games case closed. Goals change games. He's the 2nd best player in the world on current form as Messi is injured. Bale is more physically superior but Suarez just oozes class and creativity.

Taking character out of the equation, then it has to be Suarez. 19 league goals in 12 games case closed. Goals change games. He's the 2nd best player in the world on current form as Messi is injured. Bale is more physically superior but Suarez just oozes class and creativity.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this.

Putting character back in to the equation though, Bale every time.

Bale. We have no idea how Suarez would play for us. We know Bale would see us top 4 this season.

Overlooking their personalities and as impressive as Bale was in the latter part of last season, I would opt for Suarez on recent form which is quite frankly ridiculous and if it continues he will comfortably surpass Shearer and Ronaldo' Premier League scoring record of 31 in a season :eek: He also works hard for his team and creates plenty of chances for colleagues, hence why we didn't sign him as Redknapp feared that he would get in the way of VdV #-o Bale is 2.5 years younger though, so might yet reach these heights in seasons to come.

BBC Sport - Liverpool: Luis Suarez's season in numbers
  • 19 goals in 12 games at a rate of 57 minutes per goal
  • 40 shots on target from 64 attempts
  • 29.7% shot conversion
  • 38 chances created
http://www.squawka.com/players/gareth-bale

http://www.squawka.com/players/luis-suarez

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/...z-sets-bpl-goal-record-in-calendar-month.html

Last edited:
Bale, better player, less of a ****

In all seriousness, Bale has just picked up where he left off with us in Spain, different league, different teammates and is still banging them in for fun. I still think he's the #3 player in the world. Maybe if Suarez finishes the season at same rate he could be considered better, but for now, Bale is still the better player in my opinion.

Bale.
Broke my heart when he left/Madrid forced it this summer…keep the 96 million, if he was in the side we'd be tilting at the title seriously.

Bale for me.
Whilst Suarez has been very good, he still has the stats of a flat track bully. In fact that hammering at the lane recently was perhaps the first game where they played an opponent that was a top 4 regular/rival where his play and his goals made the difference. In the really big games he is still too often not making a difference for me (now watch him get a hat-trick at the Etihad tomorrow lol!)
Meanwhile, Bale has been making a difference in the really big games for a while now.

Suarez this season is performing at a higher level than Bale was last season. I think there are differences between how the two performed though in that Suarez seems to be the figurehead of a well coached team whilst Bale was more of a "saviour". In AVB's team I would rather have Bale as Suarez I think at least needs others to work off and our style was just too rigid for his qualities to show through fully, Bale on the otherhand is more adept at doing it alone. Suarez has 19 goals in 12 games, that's a run never seen before in the PL as far as I'm aware, whether he'll keep that up I don't know(I wouldn't be betting against it currently though) so overall you'd have to say him if we're purely looking at what they do on a football pitch.

Exactly. As good as Bale was last season and this season, Suarez's current form trumps that. Bale is better in the air, pretty even when it comes to set pieces but Suarez is easily more skillful, his close control and finishing with both feet btw is incredible.

Bale, all day long. In talent terms very little in it. But in terms of sheer drive, Bale has shown he can create when there is nothing on and can literally carry a team by himself. Suarez's influence on Liverpool, whilst important, they seemed to cope better than we have without Bale.

Last edited:
Bale, all day long. In talent terms very little in it. But in terms of sheer drive, Bale has shown he can create when there is nothing on and can literally carry a team by himself. Suarez's influence on Liverpool, whilst important, they seemed to cope better than we have without Bale.

That says more for how well they are coached and the fact that they have another proven goalscorer in their ranks. Most of Suarez's goals are created from nothing too.

That says more for how well they are coached and the fact that they have another proven goalscorer in their ranks. Most of Suarez's goals are created from nothing too.

I agree to a certain extent but irrespective of that Bale has shown he can do it, Suarez hasn't yet. On that basis I would say Bale edges it for me.

I agree to a certain extent but irrespective of that Bale has shown he can do it, Suarez hasn't yet. On that basis I would say Bale edges it for me.

Well fair enough. Bale has played for us and Suarez hasn't so I get that arguement but given Bale's been injured and Messi is injured then I don't see how anyone can say Suarez isn't the 2nd best player in the world right now.

Back