• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who would you choose as right back for this season?

Who would you choose as right back for this season?

• Alderweireld

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aurier

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • Dier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Foyth

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Sissoko

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Walker-Peters

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Question should be until January ..

Think we will be bat brick crazy (or someone will have to played out of their skin) not believe we will look for someone then.

Id imagine we have a primary target in mind for the position and if we think a deal can be done we will try and make it so in January but if it has to wait till the summer than im sure we will just as likely do that.

After last summers inactivity and this summer seemingly securing our top targets i think it points towards a transfer policy of no.1 or no one (within reason) and with Foyth KWP Aurier Dier Alderweireld all currently as options at RB im not really worried about the position and can take a season of making do whilst being reasonably confident it will be the position we next address

Last edited:
Right back market is in a real drought. So hard to find someone of real quality without paying massive amounts of money.

So we chose not to spend £50m on someone. That to me there are a couple of potential explanations.

1. We felt we had to prioritize other areas. That we would gain more by spending that money elsewhere.

2. Pochettino rates our current right back options higher than many of our fans. Worth noting that KWP only has 10 first team starts in total so far, could very well be expected to improve significantly over the next 6 months. Similarly Foyth is only starting to grow in confidence and experience in that role, and in the PL in general.

I'd say we delay our judgement until these players have been given a chance to show what they can do. Pochettino has done great things in the past with full backs and young players in general. Surely he should be trusted to have a plan?

I agree, and i would think option two is spot on.

Back