• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who would we miss the most ?

Player that would be missed the most

• Modric

Votes: 60 40.3%
  • Van Der Vaart

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Bale

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • Parker

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Adebayor

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Lennon

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Walker

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • BAE

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Friedel

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Other....please specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
"But without a beating heart, the body doesn't function at all. You can cut an arm off (Bale?) and the body will still work, and can still punch, but if the heart misses a beat, or fails to operate you need a pacemaker (stand in) or a replacement (and we dont have another as good)"

yet we've won 6 in 7 league games without the 'heart':ross::ross:

He was nowhere near his usual standard of play, if you can't see that then i don't think there's much hope for you as the self professed 'best fan'.

I have never believed myself to be the best fan, or the most tactuically astute, or any other description of a fan. I have made jokes about it, because some sour faced brick who got the butt end of my approbation claimed I thought I was.

Modric was probably the best player on the pitch today, because he was always there, trying to make things happen, he tried to tease players into making plays, and he made interceptions and passes throughout.

The fact that the rest of the team didn't spark alongside him is up to rocket scientists like you to work out, but my pooint was simplwe enough, he kept pumping, and moving and supplying - but he can only do so much, its a team game and all of the other units have to function as well, to make the whole body function to its limit.

I have never believed myself to be the best fan, or the most tactuically astute, or any other description of a fan. I have made jokes about it, because some sour faced brick who got the butt end of my approbation claimed I thought I was.

Modric was probably the best player on the pitch today, because he was always there, trying to make things happen, he tried to tease players into making plays, and he made interceptions and passes throughout.

The fact that the rest of the team didn't spark alongside him is up to rocket scientists like you to work out, but my pooint was simplwe enough, he kept pumping, and moving and supplying - but he can only do so much, its a team game and all of the other units have to function as well, to make the whole body function to its limit.

I know, i was being sarcastic about that exact point. Did you not get that?

Being the best player of a group of people who played badly does not mean you played well. Just the least badly.

Rocket science? you'll need someone more intelligent then that to work it out, rocket science is doable by kids in high school. He may have done that, but he did not have the creative spark that he is supposedly renown for. That spark that sees chelsea and man united interested.

Mick Cooper You talk in riddles all the time but when cold hard facts completley contradict what you're saying you ignore and run away.

To think Modric is our most important player is one thing but to have the audacity to imply that we wouldn't be able to function without him despite the stats and facts saying otherwise is utter gonad*s.

There are no riddles - its a metaphor, if you dont get it, it your problem not mine.

I'm not criticising your opinion, just disagreeing with it.
The only personal point was, I know enough about you to know when you will be open to consider that you might change your mind - and when its blindingly obvious that you never will.

So do me a favour, show me as much respect for having my own opinion, as I am showing you for having yours - and the fact that I recognise that you will stand by it, no matter what I say.

Your numbers mean nothing to me, I believe what I see and I believe in what I personally think I don't know how to use the like button to the original point.

Adebayor was anonymous, Modric kept playing fotball and was the focal point of what we did. Quote all the games you want, I know what I saw today and am disappointed as a Spurs fan that all of the team didn't gel to get us a win.

I don't care enough about any one player - they are all Spurs players to me, therefore I support them all equally

I know, i was being sarcastic about that exact point. Did you not get that?

Being the best player of a group of people who played badly does not mean you played well. Just the least badly.

Rocket science? you'll need someone more intelligent then that to work it out, rocket science is doable by kids in high school. He may have done that, but he did not have the creative spark that he is supposedly renown for. That spark that sees chelsea and man united interested.

One creative player does not a spark make. You need some movement, you need someone being able to deliver a sharp pass to him, in short you need the rest of the team to do their job as well. Modric was good today.

Being the best player of a group of people does not mean you played well, but it equally does not mean that you played poorly. Today he played well.

One creative player does not a spark make. You need some movement, you need someone being able to deliver a sharp pass to him, in short you need the rest of the team to do their job as well. Modric was good today.

Being the best player of a group of people does not mean you played well, but it equally does not mean that you played poorly. Today he played well.

I must have been watching a different game. You are obsessed with your blinkered love for him that you cant even see when he is functioning. No guile, no creativity, no spark, no tempo setting, no grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck, no inspiration = TOTALLY INEFFECTIVE. For a man we supposedly rely on to be the heart of our team - it really isnt beating very fast is it?

Seriously not sure if serious fears....

Anyway, Ive come to the conclusion that we are not a one man team, so we can actually miss more than one player equally.

I have no idea why you responded in such an antagonistic way to what was intended to be a light hearted joke

your response was confrontational and ignorant at best, particularly given that I meant no offence at all.

I'm really sorry, as soon as I posted that I realised what your reply really meant - I'm a tit and I apologise for missing your joke and its relevance to my post

I'm tucking into a large slice of humble pie as we speak..............

Team A

Lennon---------modric-----------Parker-----------kranjcar

---------------------------vdv--------------------------------

---------------------------Adebayor--------------------------

Team B

Lennon----------Sandro--------------Parker-----------Bale

------------------------------VDV---------------------------

----------------------------Adebayor------------------------

Team C

Lennon-----------Parker-----------Modric-------------Bale

----------------------------VDV------------------------------

---------------------------Defoe------------------------------

Which is the worst team?

BUMP.

Please don't even try telling me the answer is anything but Team C.

Back