• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who would we miss the most ?

Player that would be missed the most

• Modric

Votes: 60 40.3%
  • Van Der Vaart

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Bale

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • Parker

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Adebayor

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Lennon

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Walker

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • BAE

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Friedel

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Other....please specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
yep i think that's what people are basing it on.

I know mate, I still find it incredible that we've gone from some people feeling it's between Bale and Modric to Joe Allen being as good a player and a viable replacement...if I can offer a couple more thoughts to those who doubt Modric's importance to the club.

1) Watch the unsettlement of everyone else if he is sold easily.
2) Imagine the indignant smirks when the people who said we were a selling club, and who got told we had changed that by denying him a move last summer, find they're vindicated...

Am I right in assuming there are some people here who are still so tinkled off over last summer that they cannot see beyond it?

From perspective of the run in, Id say Adebayor.

And yes, that means Im saying Modric is rubbish and wouldnt be missed, along with Bale. Both are rubbish, and Adebayor is the only answer.

Last edited:
Its strange that people cannot understand why he is the heart of the team. A heart doesn't do all the thinking, but it provides the blood and oxygen to feed the brains thinking. A heart doesn't deliver a knockout blow but it feeds the arms that do it. A heart doesn't provide the all day motion that the legs do, but it has the strength to drive blood all the way there, and pump back the de oxygenated blood. The heart works hand in glove with the lungs to keep the body in motion.

You can equate the Bales, and Adebayors to the arms
The defence to the legs
Lungs to Parker

or whoever you want, depending on whether you are fixated with a favourite player

But without a beating heart, the body doesn't function at all. You can cut an arm off (Bale?) and the body will still work, and can still punch, but if the heart misses a beat, or fails to operate you need a pacemaker (stand in) or a replacement (and we dont have another as good)

Modric is the teams heart - for me, and he makes all of the other functions tick and be able to operate at their functional best.

ask Fabrice Muamba

Mick

I totally get all that, but if one player had to miss the run in, I honestly think we would cope better without Modric than Ade.

Not for the long haul, next season, but right now, for me Ade is the player that HAS to stay fit.

Mick

I totally get all that, but if one player had to miss the run in, I honestly think we would cope better without Modric than Ade.

Not for the long haul, next season, but right now, for me Ade is the player that HAS to stay fit.

no, no no
you are supposed to call me an idiot, tell everyone that they are macarons for not seeing how right you are and then go off on a rant.

I just think that Ade is replaceable in a way that Modric isn't. I think he will be vital to us finishing well, as will Bale, Parker, Lennon, Friedel, VDV, King etc

But as the greatest self appointed Spurs fan in the universe, I guess your opinion hold more sway than mine..............

;)

Its strange that people cannot understand why he is the heart of the team. A heart doesn't do all the thinking, but it provides the blood and oxygen to feed the brains thinking. A heart doesn't deliver a knockout blow but it feeds the arms that do it. A heart doesn't provide the all day motion that the legs do, but it has the strength to drive blood all the way there, and pump back the de oxygenated blood. The heart works hand in glove with the lungs to keep the body in motion.

You can equate the Bales, and Adebayors to the arms
The defence to the legs
Lungs to Parker

or whoever you want, depending on whether you are fixated with a favourite player

But without a beating heart, the body doesn't function at all. You can cut an arm off (Bale?) and the body will still work, and can still punch, but if the heart misses a beat, or fails to operate you need a pacemaker (stand in) or a replacement (and we dont have another as good)

Modric is the teams heart - for me, and he makes all of the other functions tick and be able to operate at their functional best.

ask Fabrice Muamba

So if Modric is the "heart of the team" and "the body doesn't function without the heart" then can you please explain to me why we've won 6 out of the 7 league games he's missed (last season and this season combined)?

Back on thread

Today for me was a perfect example of the heart pumping, but sadly the head and arms failing to respond to the supply

So if Modric is the "heart of the team" and "the body doesn't function without the heart" then can you please explain to me why we've won 6 out of the 7 league games he's missed (last season and this season combined)?

no
because I could lay the lions head on a plate for you and you would still want to know who stole your chickens

you believe what you want - and I know I will just waste my time trying to persuade you of any other answer.

I read your posts, and I am not going to waste my time

I think I have read enough of your posts to know what you understand, and what you dont.

You really dont have to shine your knowledge level any more.

He was nowhere near his usual standard of play, if you can't see that then i don't think there's much hope for you as the self professed 'best fan'.

Today's game just reaffirms my belief that we need to buy at least 1 striker in the next window, buying just Adebayor wont cut it. We dominate possession in most games and create plenty of chances, but we don't batter teams as much as we should do. Only twice this season we've given teams a good hiding.

Mick Cooper You talk in riddles all the time but when cold hard facts completley contradict what you're saying you ignore and run away.

To think Modric is our most important player is one thing but to have the audacity to imply that we wouldn't be able to function without him despite the stats and facts saying otherwise is utter gonad*s.

Back