• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who/what is YOUR Tottenham?

We could arrange a meet up in a central London pub sometime. It would be best if everyone came dressed as their avatar so that we can spot each other easily.

We had a GG kick around in Hyde Park donkey's year back.

That all works apart from the avatar bit....

Even if everyone else can't do it, I think that we need you to. If you get there first, we can guarantee that there will be plenty of tables free around you \o/

This is a stitch up!!!

Right. I'll do it. If only because I am reigning Best Avatar winner. Two questions:

1. Do I come as the Dayo original or 100% win record Walnut?

2. Can anyone suggest a poster who will likely own an overblown gimp suit....

ts something that is mentioned in the TS thread - I want us to play brave football and by that I mean using our motto and applying it to football. I think thats why I loved the football Harry played, it was brave - he would also say that he wanted to give things a go. I like that. Our motto has to be ingrained in our football on the pitch... thats not to say have a gung ho attitude, but to try and implement new things. Im not a safety first kinda guy by nature, so im not really keen on the safety first approach hence not enjoying the football in recent times... that to me is MY Tottenham.

Generally the Tottenham way would be what people would view themselves to be. Its how they are that determines how they want their spurs to be. They say that the way the team plays is representative and reflective of the Manager, the same could be said about how fans want to see their club.

Maybe ive digressed slightly but that to me is 'Your Tottenham'.

Being harsh on most/all of the team and being over critical.

Being negative after a defeat.

Realistic and even keeled views about the club's future. Teaching myself not to get too downbeat after disappointments, football really isn't worth getting so bent out of shape about.

Away days starting with such promise and excitement on the M1/M6 on the way oop North only to end in such utter misery followed by a long drive down South back home when you wish you could just teleport and cut out the 3/4 hour journey :lol:

Enjoying watching us going for it in home games and fast out the traps performance no matter who we are playing.

Listening to our fans overrate/overhype our players, see Ekotto, Chiriches, Berbatov et al.

Spurs letting me down more often than not, but occasionally surprising me.

Having some of the most over expectant fans in the country.

Playing fast, attacking football.

Always being worse than Arsenal.

For me the five players who have encapsulated Tottenham the most since I started supporting are Carrick, Sheringham, Kanoute, Berbatov and King. That kind of languid grace is what Tottenham are for me. Not trying as hard as perhaps the greatest players. Style over substance a bit.

I must be around the same age as Steff, I spent my formative years on the Isle of Man. Everyone either supported Liverpool or Everton, however I'd never pledged my allegence to anyone.....and then the '81 cup final happened. My whole family were wanting Spurs to win because my Nan was born in Tottenham. It was the first match I watched from start to finish, I remember this maestro in the middle with a no. 10 on his back, shirt untucked, shaggy hair and socks round his ankles - but he was so graceful. Everytime he got the ball he was in charge, controlling the game. That was it for me, Glenn Hoddle became my hero (I think even now I would be a blithering idiot if I met him).

The next few years were awesome, we were brilliant, Tony Galvin, Stevie P, Maxi Miller, Ossie, Ricky, Little Garthie Crooks and Stevie Archibald up front, Ghod and of course Robbo at the back. I loved that period from '81 to '84.

I remember Tony Parks saving that penalty and I was so so happy and so proud....Spurs....my Spurs.....my team had won in Europe. I didn't care back then that it wasn't THE European Cup, it was the UEFA CUP, and in my 12 year old mind WE were champions, the best team in the world.....I went to school the next day on cloud nine. For this reason I would LOVE it if we won the Europa League.....my Spurs would be Champions again.

My Tottenham?

The team that will always let you down. You think you have something good, big them up, they'll let you down. Sign good players only to sell them because we either want profit that goes towards nothing or sell them because they realise we can never reach their ambition and they **** off for success.

wouldnt change for the world.

My Tottenham

In my youth it was Pat Jennings, Martin Chivers, Ralph Coates with a comb-over, winning League Cups and a Uefa.
As I got older it was living with relegation, (we were bad) and in true Alan Partridge-style, bouncing back to become Cup kings for a few years. followed by having enough money spare to make a few trips down to the Lane on the train. That walk up the High Road from the tube station.
Then after getting married I found out I had a wife who enjoyed a bit of football, a trip to see a friendly match v Torino and she was hooked.
Now our Tottenham, is driving down to Enfield the night before the match and staying at our favourite Premier Inn. The short drive to the ground on Matchday, the walk past the Bill Nick, the guy who stands on Northumberland Park and predicts the score. Sitting in our favourite Block surrounded by familiar faces. The enjoyable drive home after a win hoping you bump into some opposition fans at the Services, and finally the anticipation of the next visit to a live game

My tottenham

Going to my Nan's in walthamstow for Xmas, then being taken to spurs v west ham on boxing day.

[video=youtube;ER1OfhHS9C0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER1OfhHS9C0[/video]

Times haven't changed that much have they??

:lol:

**** man. Got home a bit 'tired and emotional' and decided to watch some Spurs vids. This club...man...this club. I love being a Spurs fan.

On the Bale videos now. Crying into my red wine. He's going to come back at some point. Isn't he...?

- Lasagne gate.

- Being 2-0 only to lose 5-2 and blow a ten point lead against the scum.

- Having our RIGHTFUL place in the CL taken away from us because Chelscum won it ](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

- 7 consecutive penalty shootout defeats from 1996 - 2013.

- 6 (yes f@cking 6) consecutive FA Cup semi-final defeats and counting

VS

- Woodgate at Wembley

- Beating that lot 5-1 on the way to Wembley

- Being in the CL and Showing Inter Milan how it's done =D>

- Crouch's header at Emirates Marketing Project (completely and utterly loses control of all limbs)

- Being 2-0 down at HT and winning 3-2 at the Emirates \o/

Tbh, the negatives heavily out weigh the positives for me, so it's always heartbreak. There has been some shocking players in the past Gilberto, Doherty, Rasiak, Thatcher, Rosha etc but then there really has been some truly world class players like Ginola, Berbatov, Modric, Van der Vaart, Bale etc.

To sum it up:

The eternal optimists that play football the way it should, only to end up letting you down through tired legs or a lack of belief BUT don't worry even if that doesn't happen the universe is set up to f@ck us over ](*,) :lol:

Last edited:
Top post Magna, pretty much sums it up. Yes the negatives do outweigh the positives, thats Tottenham for you. But, as has been mentioned already, it just makes the good days feel even better.

Would we change it? Actually, we probably would not

Being harsh on most/all of the team and being over critical.

Being negative after a defeat.

Realistic and even keeled views about the club's future. Teaching myself not to get too downbeat after disappointments, football really isn't worth getting so bent out of shape about.

Away days starting with such promise and excitement on the M1/M6 on the way oop North only to end in such utter misery followed by a long drive down South back home when you wish you could just teleport and cut out the 3/4 hour journey :lol:

Enjoying watching us going for it in home games and fast out the traps performance no matter who we are playing.

Listening to our fans overrate/overhype our players, see Ekotto, Chiriches, Berbatov et al.

Spurs letting me down more often than not, but occasionally surprising me.

Having some of the most over expectant fans in the country.

Playing fast, attacking football.

Always being worse than Arsenal.

So true, but just in the opposite direction. The wife knows the score when we lose at home. I dont speak much until around Milton Keynes on the journey back!

Back