• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who we've, bought so far thread...

Only because we've not been this good for more than 50 years. So we don't have to panic or take risks for once.
Even as good as we were last season, we didn't win anything so there was room for improvement . It's always about continuous improvement, football does not stand still. Yet the team that finished above us and the big teams that finished below us have strengthened while we have weakened by selling our best right back. Buying a player doesn't have to be down to panicking. For example I think iheanacho would have been a very useful addition to our squad - a potential game changer. It would also be good to bring in cover/competition at Right back.

Last edited:
we should do one of a signing of a delivery into the new build

end with a person holding up a high vis

(Levy wouldn't waste the money on such things though)

We should just put an old school scarf overhead next to the manager photo in the newspapers. No web announcements at all. Go for a classic touch. Maybe put it a few teasers the day before on teletext and a clubcall premium rate number too.

Since the transfer window was introduced, have we ever got to the first game of the season without having signed anyone?

Doesn't look like it.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/alletransfers/verein/148

We signed a dude called Diego Bortolozzo in 2002? Never heard of the guy! :p
That is an interesting site.

Here is who arrived in 04/05 including returning loanees (yep one season).....

Andy Reid Nottingham Forest Nottm Forest £6.80m
Michael Dawson Nottingham Forest Nottm Forest £5.95m
Sean Davis Fulham FC Fulham £4.42m
Thimothée Atouba FC Basel 1893 FC Basel £3.83m
Michael Carrick West Ham United West Ham £3.49m
Pedro Mendes FC Porto FC Porto £2.55m
Paul Robinson Leeds United Leeds £2.55m
Noé Pamarot OGC Nice OGC Nice £2.04m
Erik Edman SC Heerenveen Heerenveen £1.70m
Mido AS Roma AS Roma Loan fee:£1.70m
Calum Davenport Coventry City Coventry City £1.53m
Reto Ziegler Grasshopper Club Zurich Grasshoppers £850k
Noureddine Naybet Deportivo de La Coruña Dep. La Coruña £850k
Márton Fülöp † MTK Budapest MTK Budapest £638k
Mounir El Hamdaoui Excelsior Rotterdam SBV Excelsior £638k
Radek Cerny SK Slavia Prag Slavia Prag Loan fee:£340k
Leigh Mills Swindon Town U18 Swindon U18 £191k
Edson PSV Eindhoven PSV Eindhoven Free transfer
Spase Dilevski PSV Eindhoven PSV Eindhoven Free transfer
David Limbersky FC Viktoria Plzen Viktoria Plzen Loan
Kasey Keller Southampton FC Southampton End of loan
Robert Burch West Ham United West Ham End of loan
Rohan Ricketts Coventry City Coventry City End of loan
Calum Davenport West Ham United West Ham End of loan
Robert Burch Stevenage FC Stevenage FC End of loan
Mark Yeates Swindon Town Swindon Town End of loan
Lee Barnard Leyton Orient Leyton Orient End of loan
Johnnie Jackson Watford FC Watford End of loan
Lee Barnard Northampton Town Northampt. Town End of loan
Philip Ifil Tottenham Hotspur U18 Tottenham U18 -
Robert Burch Stevenage FC Stevenage FC End of loan
Márton Fülöp † Chesterfield FC Chesterfield FC End of loan
Calum Davenport Southampton FC Southampton End of loan
Dean Marney Gillingham FC Gillingham FC End of loan

Thanks, so breaking even our own records for dallying. I'm all for making sure we don't waste money or overspend however every season it feels that any points which we get before the September international break are a bonus because our squad is still in flux up til the window closes. We'll never know the actual impact however it's hard not to believe that there wouldn't be a reasonable benefit to have most signings done by early August

Thanks, so breaking even our own records for dallying. I'm all for making sure we don't waste money or overspend however every season it feels that any points which we get before the September international break are a bonus because our squad is still in flux up til the window closes. We'll never know the actual impact however it's hard not to believe that there wouldn't be a reasonable benefit to have most signings done by early August

I do not mind if we do not sign anyone but I have to say I agree with you that it feels like we should be signing players earlier if we are going to sign otherwise we are writing off the first few weeks off the season.

Our squad is the most settled it has been in ages. Most likely we are only looking at a backup RB, a 3rd choice keeper and some kids that won't be involved much this year.

Back