• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who we've, bought so far thread...

Poch is quoted in several of today's papers as saying we are "working hard to sign some players who can make us more competitive."

If true it renders much of this discussion pointless.

Poch is quoted in several of today's papers as saying we are "working hard to sign some players who can make us more competitive."

If true it renders much of this discussion pointless.

Also true of literally every football club in existence (apart from the deliberately self-sabotaging ones..) but still good to know I suppose.

Massively, massively disagree (it's the 'finish 4th so we can finish 4th next year' trap, imo), mate - but you know my stance on this already, I suspect. In the end, we can establish ourselves as CL regulars without a trophy to show for it and the players will leave regardless - we will never be able to pay the wages United/City/Chelsea do, but without trophies even the other carrots we could offer them ('you'll keep winning things with us') wouldn't exist. We'd just be a 4th place club with no trophies since 2008 trying to ask our players not to leave but winning nothing to justify such appeals, imo.
A perennial League Cup winner will not attract top talent. A team consistently in the CL and with financial clout as a result of that (and a new stadium), will. I hate to bring up the Arse, but they've been able to bring in some top talent, because of this alone. And the players who join them, as well as the ones that stay on, don't do so to finish 4th; they do so because they know that on any given year the team could challenge for the title and that they will be playing CL football every year. The fact that they haven't managed to win a title in a long time is due to bad management, but we are much better in that regard. And it's not a "'finish 4th so we can finish 4th next year" attitude that I'm advocating. What I'm saying is "aim for as high as we can possibly get, with 4th being our floor." Big difference.

Also true of literally every football club in existence (apart from the deliberately self-sabotaging ones..) but still good to know I suppose.
No brick!
Okay but much of the discussion has turned on whether we will be adding to the squad this window rather than when.

I dont agree with various people's comments that the squad is fine as it is and that if we dont buy anyone then we're ok.

I will admit I am slightly alarmed at our seeming lack of progress. I fully support our development policy and Levy's right, the market is insane and unsustainable at the moment - we are right to tread cautiously. But, we must be identifying targets constantly, and it would be lovely if Poch had a few new faces in good time for pre-season. Everything we do ultimately leads to results on the field - that is really the only the purpose of development after all, however we do it. This window does feel odd and I'm a bit twitchy about it.

Wow it's August and we've not bought any. Only 30 days to go, and we've gotta give whoever is coming the benefit of not having a solid pre season.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We already know our starting 11 for September (till Rose and Lamela return) - Lloris, Trippier, Dier, Alder, Verts, Davies, Dembele, Wanyama, Son, Alli, Eriksen, Kane.

When the new RB and AM arrives doesn't really affect that.

We already know our starting 11 for September (till Rose and Lamela return) - Lloris, Trippier, Dier, Alder, Verts, Davies, Dembele, Wanyama, Son, Alli, Eriksen, Kane.

Yes you right.

Nonetheless if ever the new player is required to play, we're going to are argue about his purchase price and his readiness to play and familiarity with his team mates.

A very unusual transfer window.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

That's 12 players...

Personally I'd prefer to go with 4-2-3-1 rather than 3 at the back, as I rate Son over Dier at CB.

Dearest Daniel...please keep the old powder dry, it's such a turn on...when we finally sign a player at 1 minute to the deadline I shall erupt like slumbering Vesuvius and cherish the moment. Your bald levy and you fight for every pound...my love you for you is unsustainable until that player holds up the shirt. Keep fighting the good fight my folically challenged friend. Ignore the wanting shiny and new phalanx.

I love you mr levy and your zero net spend. Guide us to our shiny new home and deliver us from evil. For your negotiation skills are the power...forever and ever....amen

Yeah but sign Messi if its going to be the one deal that we are going to flop due to the fax machine ... if we are selling at the last minute Boothe, Raziak, Campbell (not the everything is racist one) will be suitable as a short term fix.

I mean if Harry gets injured enter the Boothe sounds so right

We need a right back...fook is a Chimbonda when you need one? Oooo Carlton cole is unsettled at pleb rovers in Indonesia make the call levy...offer them stadium naming rights for this amazing talent...come on levy I feel like a midwife here!!! Push me ol son....PUUUSH!

Back