• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who we've, bought so far thread...

Meaning what exactly?

I don't think anyone expected him to be the success he was. Season before and Dier/Dembele were our central pairing IIRC. Wanyama wasn't setting the world alight at Saints but he slotted in perfectly. Credit to Poch for that. Our hopes were higher for the other two, Janssen and Sissoko, their prices reflected that. So we got away with that transfer window in the sense that 1/3 worked out. A low pass in any education system.

For what it's worth I voted for Wanyama as our player of the season.

Weren't Toby and Kane injured for parts of the season we just had without us getting fudged by it?

Our top players are fantastic. There's not a club in the league that wouldn't drop significantly in quality from missing someone like Toby or Kane. I don't think our goal in the transfer market should be to somehow turn its into a club where that's not the case.

Toby and Kane's injuries were bad as was Rose's but I'm talking season wrecking injuries which essentially rule a player out entirely, like Lamela I guess. I wouldn't say we've been lucky with injuries but we haven't been particularly unlucky with them. Son stepped up when Kane was out but can we expect to get away with poor cover up front and in defence for another season. I'd prefer not to risk it.

It's a well known fact that in the premier league you have to keep improving otherwise standing still will see you drop down the league. It's clear that we need cover in a few areas so why some people on this board are intent on sticking to what we've got, i simply don't agree.

It's a well known fact that in the premier league you have to keep improving otherwise standing still will see you drop down the league. It's clear that we need cover in a few areas so why some people on this board are intent on sticking to what we've got, i simply don't agree.

That is a good point which i do agree with, however our players are still young and should improve as they get older so i do not see it as "standing still".

We do not need to go out and bring in several players and to be honest to find someone who will go straight into the first team is going to be difficult to say the least ( cost, wages), if we get a couple of younger players who will be part of the squad then i can see that happening.

Toby and Kane's injuries were bad as was Rose's but I'm talking season wrecking injuries which essentially rule a player out entirely, like Lamela I guess. I wouldn't say we've been lucky with injuries but we haven't been particularly unlucky with them. Son stepped up when Kane was out but can we expect to get away with poor cover up front and in defence for another season. I'd prefer not to risk it.

Completely with you on this - I think you and I are in a minority though for some reason!! We haven't been unlucky with injuries at all - I'd add Eriksen, Lloris and possibly Dembele to Kane and TA as our list of players who we don't really have cover for....but thankfully none of them have picked up long term injuries.

On depth, as I said above, I think we're performing to the max of our potential/output based on our squad. If we want to complete in the CL and not slip down the PL, I think we need 4 additions this summer. There were many games last season when you looked at our bench and it was bare

Completely with you on this - I think you and I are in a minority though for some reason!! We haven't been unlucky with injuries at all - I'd add Eriksen, Lloris and possibly Dembele to Kane and TA as our list of players who we don't really have cover for....but thankfully none of them have picked up long term injuries.

On depth, as I said above, I think we're performing to the max of our potential/output based on our squad. If we want to complete in the CL and not slip down the PL, I think we need 4 additions this summer. There were many games last season when you looked at our bench and it was bare

Who do you think had a worse injury record than us this season, out of interest?

Who do you think had a worse injury record than us this season, out of interest?

Utd had an awful season for injuries. Probably the worst in the league?

Liverpool probably about the same or certainly no better than us (off the top of my head) given that htey lost some important players like Lallana, Mane, Coutinho for periods

City were missing their one decent CB and captain for most of the season

Care to expand on that as I don't know who they have missed tbh

We missed our main striker for 9 (?) games, starting AM for the bulk of the season and starting CBs for a combined 13 games

League numbers only there btw

Once we went 3 at the back, I dont think Lamela would have started

I would like a transfer that the media doesn't pick up on and is totally out of the blue.

But i guess the media follow Messi around everywhere so i can't see that it would be kept quiet. :D

Once we went 3 at the back, I dont think Lamela would have started

We didn't switch formation till after he was out iirc regardless he was a first team player that generally started when fit the whole of last season and until he got injured this season - so that's a first XI player we were without for the majority of the season

Care to expand on that as I don't know who they have missed tbh

We missed our main striker for 9 (?) games, starting AM for the bulk of the season and starting CBs for a combined 13 games

League numbers only there btw

Off the top of my head Kompany, Jesus and Gundogen missed key parts. All top players.

Utd barely had a first defence all season let alone Zlatan's end of season problems.

Utd had an awful season for injuries. Probably the worst in the league?

Liverpool probably about the same or certainly no better than us (off the top of my head) given that htey lost some important players like Lallana, Mane, Coutinho for periods

City were missing their one decent CB and captain for most of the season

I don't know, who did United miss that makes their record worse than ours? I want to see some names and numbers of games missed that shows they were worse off than us if you are making the claim we werent unlucky with the injuries we had

Lallana 31
Firmino 31
Coutinho 35

Games played, no worse than our injuries? For reference Lamela played 9 games

Kompany is old and past it these days if that's who you are referring to for City

I don't know, who did United miss that makes their record worse than ours? I want to see some names and numbers of games missed that shows they were worse off than us if you are making the claim we werent unlucky with the injuries we had

Lallana 31
Firmino 31
Coutinho 35

Games played, no worse than our injuries? For reference Lamela played 9 games

Kompany is old and past it these days if that's who you are referring to for City

And Mane only started 26 league games for Liverpool. Him and the three above are their 4 most important attacking players. Utd had constant injuries

I dont have time to dig out all the figures but I believe that they would show that Chelsea got very lucky with injuries last year barely missing a player at all (similar to Leicester the year before) and Man U were very unlucky - those two were really at the extremes. The other 4 of the top 6 were somewhere in the middle, not lucky or unlucky

Every team gets injuries and they effect teams differently dependent on the squad

United had plenty but have such an over sized squad and no actual obviosubtema you couldn't tell IMO

City lost their only decent dfender but he has been on the way down anyway. When you spend the money they have on centre backs one should be able to cover at least. Other than that they really didn't miss anyone important unless you include Jesus who joined in January and is still very much an unknown

Pool did lose players at varying points but their problem was and still is a pub defence where they didn't lose anyone that I remember (happy to be corrected)

Arse misses cazorla.... anyone else who was any good? They always seem to have a long list but it seems to be a player out for a very long time mainly

Chelsea strangely didn't lose any player for more than a game.... which was huge as towhy they won the league

Every team gets injuries and they effect teams differently dependent on the squad

United had plenty but have such an over sized squad and no actual obviosubtema you couldn't tell IMO

City lost their only decent dfender but he has been on the way down anyway. When you spend the money they have on centre backs one should be able to cover at least. Other than that they really didn't miss anyone important unless you include Jesus who joined in January and is still very much an unknown

Pool did lose players at varying points but their problem was and still is a pub defence where they didn't lose anyone that I remember (happy to be corrected)

Arse misses cazorla.... anyone else who was any good? They always seem to have a long list but it seems to be a player out for a very long time mainly

Chelsea strangely didn't lose any player for more than a game.... which was huge as towhy they won the league
They had more obviosubtema than anyone else IMO.

Back