• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who that we've sold in the past 5 years would improve us now?

Is this team significantly, if any, worse than our current team?

------------------------Gomes
--Corluka---Dawson---Bassong---Ektoto
--------------Stambouli---Holtby
------Lennon------Sigurdsson----Kranjcar
--------------------Defoe

I think it's uncontroversial that:
a. Stambouli is better than Dier
b. Lennon is better than Lamela

I think it's debatable that:
a. Walker is better than Corluka
b. Mason is better than Holtby
c. Chadli is better than Sigurdsson
d. Vertonghen is better than Dawson

Our whole transfer policy has been a shambles over the last few years.
Huge overhaul without any significant shift in ability - and have just got lucky with Kane, who let's be honest, was never part of the plan.

I was sad about Dawson, Huddlestone, Sandro and Rafa leaving, but for age or injuries or system reasons, it was about the right time in all cases (maybe one more season of Rafa, but then would Bale have had the space to emerge?)

VDV, surprised nobody mentioned him,

he was a winner, he was great in the dressing room, he embodied tottenham

Caulker, Naughton, Dos Santos and Pienaar haven't been mentioned thus far.

Sorry Hodori, I don't agree with you there. I don't think any of them would to be honest. I'd take any of our current lot based on performance. There may be a case for Pienaar as we didn't see the best of him, but he's not been playing regularly for Everton.

Sorry Hodori, I don't agree with you there. I don't think any of them would to be honest. I'd take any of our current lot based on performance.
There may be a case for Pienaar as we didn't see the best of him, but he's not been playing regularly for Everton.

I think you make a very good point. Caulker did have potential, but his move to QPR has been disastrous and who knows where he is now. And Dos Santos has always been a basket case at club level. I have a feeling that Piennaar may be able to finally recover and flourish under Martinez, but given his injury struggles and age, that's uncertain. The one I'm very curious about is Naughton. Watching him at Swansea thus far, I think he will continue progressing and become a quality right back this season. That being said, would he displace Walker? Probably not...

With Naughton I think he is a mid-table full back and out of Walker and him, Walker has the higher potential. However, he needs to start showing it regularly. I also think Trippier is more effective than Naughton but that is based solely on his performances for Burnley.

I really do think that if it is the last 5 years, the only players would be VdV, Bale and Modric. Any others would be debateable.

The love in for Caulker on here almost baffled me as much as the love for Huddlestone. Both lower premier league/ championship level players.

Back