• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who should we envy?

90sSpursBook

Erik Edman
this topic has come up in a couple of threads but think it's worth discussing as its own subject.

Which club, and it's fans, should we envy for the season that's just been? I'm sure that 2015/16 unlike very few before, is one we can rightly be very happy with our season. I'm convinced that we've had a better season than Woolwich and can actually see the value in them getting ahead of us ensures that Wenger will continue to stumble into the wilderness with them for another year and their cycle of underachievement can continue.

I'd certainly be happier than any Chelsea fan this season who must be questioning whether they will be able to make any significant improvement under Conte. Likewise Emirates Marketing Project who have disappointed relative to their ambitions - they manner in which they whimpered out of the champions league must negate the positive feelings of having reached a semi final for the first time.

However, despite our best in a generation league finish resulting in automatic champions league qualification (a stretch target last summer) and fact we were still chasing the title going into May I wonder whether any of you envy any other set of fans.....obviously Leicester fans have good reason to be in a good mood right now but what about Man Utd who in playing some abysmal football and failing to make the top 4 they have won the FA Cup and have had a great day out in the process.

How about Liverpool....2 cup finals albeit they lost both but how would we have enjoyed a European final considering we've not gone beyond quarter final stages in any of our last 10 European campaigns?

And as a cheeky one I wonder how Sunderland fans feel at not only escaping relegation (an annual occurrence) but sending their bitterest rivals down as a result. As petty as it sounds how would qualifying for the champions league feel compared to finishing 4th from bottom but sending woolwich or chavski instead?

The obvious, and only correct, answer is Leicester.
Let's hope they enjoy it as I can see some dark days ahead for them. Foreign owners weened on success that will be very difficult to replicate is a recipe for disaster IMV.

Jobs well done for Bournemouth and Southampton but hardly anything there for us to envy.
Only other team to over achieve is West Ham and we can't ever be envious of them. I mean it's West Ham, how could we!

Caveat - I obviously want us to continue on our present path to righteousness.

But, I've always had a soft spot for Emirates Marketing Project. My Granda favoured them, wouldn't really say he was a supporter. So probably them.

Anyway, my mate and myself got on a bus back into town from the City of Manchester Stadium following the 4-1 drubbing last season. I remarked that I was fudging depressed, and a City fan said don't be, look at us, you never know what's around the corner.

Now, while I don't want a sugar daddy anymore than anyone else here, I do want Glory. And I still remain convinced that Leicester are a fudging anomaly!

Leicester. What they did will never be forgotten, whatever ends up happening to them. And now that the dust has settled, I think I can appreciate how a generation of twinkle-eyed young Leicester fans will grow up thinking that the wildest, most beautiful dreams really *can* come true; honestly, that's pretty nice, given that it's probably one of the rarest things that people take with them as they go from naive childhood to being an adult.

And to think, it all started with a racist orgy in Thailand. :p

I don't envy anyone in England.

From abroad probably Sevilla - 5 trophies over the last decade. I thought the club of the same size or in a similar position as us (Top 4-6 in the league, they sell their best players almost every summer etc.).

Not for me.

In 5 year's time they'll be a statistical anomaly and a pub trivia question. We're in the process of booking a seat at the top table.

And those statistics will show in 2016 Leisester won the bloody thing no matter how many sour grapes one knecks!
Still think they done good!
Next season is next season and as 5 years time! With the amount of money around ATM we could fighting for survival or lifting the Champions League! (optimism look!)

I don't envy any of the other British teams in all honesty. Yes I'd have loved for us to be in Leicester's position, but I'm longing for sustained success and I don't think they will have that.

As an eternal optimist, I do feel that we are going to do special things in the next couple of years. My expectations have been raised and I was thinking that winning the EPL would be impossible until we had built and paid off the stadium, but I now think that winning the league is possible before we even move in.

I think that we will buy some decent players this window that will raise the overall quality of the squad, and provide options that we don't currently have. I also think that this squad will be all the more better for the year that they have just had.

Leicester. What they did will never be forgotten, whatever ends up happening to them. And now that the dust has settled, I think I can appreciate how a generation of twinkle-eyed young Leicester fans will grow up thinking that the wildest, most beautiful dreams really *can* come true; honestly, that's pretty nice, given that it's probably one of the rarest things that people take with them as they go from naive childhood to being an adult.

And to think, it all started with a racist orgy in Thailand. :p

Really? How many people still talk about Blackburn Rovers winning it? 10 years down the line they'll be forgotten along with other teams that had the "one magnificent season".

Really? How many people still talk about Blackburn Rovers winning it? 10 years down the line they'll be forgotten along with other teams that had the "one magnificent season".

Right, but they spent a shedload by the standards of the time, won it and then faded away again. Leicester haven't spent much relative to the rest of the division and were tipped to be rock bottom at the start of the season. It isn't fair on them to underrate their achievement, imo.

Back