• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Where have our breasts gone?

Pirate55

The Last Man Standing 17/18
When we were at our peak, we had the following players in our team:

Walker - fast and strong ( now gone)
Rose - fast and strong ( now decrepit)
Toby - physically strong ( now, not so much )
Verts - physically strong ( now , not so much)
Wanyama - a beast, ( now broken)
Dier - physically strong ( now apparently broken)
Dembele - another beast ( now gone)
Dele - tall and put himself about ( now flicks and tricks)
Kane - tall and pressed like a dervish ( now, not so much)
Lamela - ( when fit) reinvented himself as a midfield warrior ( now, not so much)

With that power and strength in the team, we used to simply steamroller teams . Now we simply don't have the physical strength to do so. Our transfer strategy should be geared towards buying players with physical power, strength and speed.

We've lost power, agreed. Lining up with Dembele and a fir and firing Wanyama, you just knew we would be in the game regardless.

Dembele going destroyed the team, as those of us who rated him as one of our very best players knew it would. We now have players like Sissoko in there, who, despite his good points, is a brick footballer and not physically imposing in the same way Moussa was.

We have issues other than power with your list of players there too: they aren't as good as they were. Kane is now self-styling as a non-striker and is nothing like the player he was. Watching youtube videos back from previous seasons will remind you how far he has fallen in terms of being a striker.

Alli, I'm afraid. Is utter garbage. He's simply a crap footballer. All flicks to no-one, loads of touches, dreadful passing and zero product if he doesn't score. If he had come into the team I don't think we'd think he was any better or integral to the side than someone like Nacer Chadli was. We'd probably view him as worse. Dier is brick, Lamela is pretty brick with a staggering lack of product for an attacker.

In summary: yes, I agree with you that we now lack power and are an absolute pushover. But, I'd also argue that we now the players we still have - particularly those that should be entering their prime - have dropped off alarmingly.

In terms of transfers, I think we should aim to sign players capable of playing, then play them. That should be our first goal as we haven't achieved that for years.

We've lost power, agreed. Lining up with Dembele and a fir and firing Wanyama, you just knew we would be in the game regardless.

Dembele going destroyed the team, as those of us who rated him as one of our very best players knew it would. We now have players like Sissoko in there, who, despite his good points, is a brick footballer and not physically imposing in the same way Moussa was.

We have issues other than power with your list of players there too: they aren't as good as they were. Kane is now self-styling as a non-striker and is nothing like the player he was. Watching youtube videos back from previous seasons will remind you how far he has fallen in terms of being a striker.

Alli, I'm afraid. Is utter garbage. He's simply a crap footballer. All flicks to no-one, loads of touches, dreadful passing and zero product if he doesn't score. If he had come into the team I don't think we'd think he was any better or integral to the side than someone like Nacer Chadli was. We'd probably view him as worse. Dier is brick, Lamela is pretty brick with a staggering lack of product for an attacker.

In summary: yes, I agree with you that we now lack power and are an absolute pushover. But, I'd also argue that we now the players we still have - particularly those that should be entering their prime - have dropped off alarmingly.

In terms of transfers, I think we should aim to sign players capable of playing, then play them. That should be our first goal as we haven't achieved that for years.

I agree with you that some of the players we still have, have dropped off alarmingly. I thought I had expressed that in the OMP. However, unless we buy seriously strong players, especially at DM and CB, I would not expect much of a resurgence from our "fancy dan " players. Eriksen' s drop off is particularly noticeable but Dele, Son and Kane need real help from at least two powerhouse players imo for them to regain their previous highs.

Those were the days... as injury prone as he’d become, to sell Dembele for £11m without a replacement (Ndombele certainly not as up for the rough & tumble of EPL thus far) seems a poor bit of business when you consider how woeful our midfield has become and that missing out on CL football would reduce our income by about £50m...

Most underrated Spurs player in my life time I reckon. Didn’t score or assist enough apparently, despite him being the 4/5th deepest player in the side.

When we were at our peak, we had the following players in our team:

Walker - fast and strong ( now gone)
Rose - fast and strong ( now decrepit)
Toby - physically strong ( now, not so much )
Verts - physically strong ( now , not so much)
Wanyama - a beast, ( now broken)
Dier - physically strong ( now apparently broken)
Dembele - another beast ( now gone)
Dele - tall and put himself about ( now flicks and tricks)
Kane - tall and pressed like a dervish ( now, not so much)
Lamela - ( when fit) reinvented himself as a midfield warrior ( now, not so much)

With that power and strength in the team, we used to simply steamroller teams . Now we simply don't have the physical strength to do so. Our transfer strategy should be geared towards buying players with physical power, strength and speed.
This is such a depressing read :(
Reality bites!

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Most underrated Spurs player in my life time I reckon. Didn’t score or assist enough apparently, despite him being the 4/5th deepest player in the side.
Loved him, anyone who has played competitively will know how much panic and extra effort he causes to players all around him. Poch focused too much on the press, many good teams know the benefit of a player who mess up formations by dribbling or passing (modic - taking out a few players with a pass).

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Sadly, i have to agree with all that has been said on this thread...

I watched the Wolves v Man U game last night and Wolves looked so good... How many of our team would get in theirs? Very few..

There are no leaders in our team either... When we concede a goal, as we always do now, nobody has a go at anybody else and they all just stand around with their heads bowed. If, on a sunday morning, a player kept running across to take corners but then couldn't clear the first defender I, as captain in many of the teams I played for i.e mouthy sod, would have a go or get somebody else to take them... Our lot say or do nothing.. Pathetic!

We had a free kick in the second half against Southampton in their half... Chance to get it in the box? Oh no, played it short and backwards and it ended up with GAzzaniga.. Our game management is terrible and again nobody says anything on the pitch. Pathetic!

Aurier is an athlete and not a footballer. He cant kick or cross a ball properly and he switches off defensively. Pathetic!

I could go on and on about other weak players and poor recruitment policy within the club... I am so disillusioned with the team and feel that it will take years to properly build a decent team again.

COYS

Those were the days... as injury prone as he’d become, to sell Dembele for £11m without a replacement (Ndombele certainly not as up for the rough & tumble of EPL thus far) seems a poor bit of business when you consider how woeful our midfield has become and that missing out on CL football would reduce our income by about £50m...

Selling Dembele is the biggest mistake Pochettino did as the Spurs manager. We should have never sold Dembele even if he had become injury-prone. All the teams feared facing Dembele in our midfield. Since he left, our midfield have become the laughing stock of other teams. Now other teams just walk through our midfield as if they don't exist !

I watched the Wolves v Man U game last night and Wolves looked so good... How many of our team would get in theirs? Very few..

There are no leaders in our team either... When we concede a goal, as we always do now, nobody has a go at anybody else and they all just stand around with their heads bowed. If, on a sunday morning, a player kept running across to take corners but then couldn't clear the first defender I, as captain in many of the teams I played for i.e mouthy sod, would have a go or get somebody else to take them... Our lot say or do nothing.. Pathetic!

We had a free kick in the second half against Southampton in their half... Chance to get it in the box? Oh no, played it short and backwards and it ended up with GAzzaniga.. Our game management is terrible and again nobody says anything on the pitch. Pathetic!

Aurier is an athlete and not a footballer. He cant kick or cross a ball properly and he switches off defensively. Pathetic!

I could go on and on about other weak players and poor recruitment policy within the club... I am so disillusioned with the team and feel that it will take years to properly build a decent team again.

COYS

groan .. Nuno would probably bite your arm off for Kane, Son, Dele, Eriksen, likely N'dombele, Lamela, Lo Celso

The issues with Spurs come from Poch (yes, waiting on the backlash)

- His tactics were over-simplistic, i.e. outrun and overcommit compared to opponents, it was also dependent on a single way of attack (overcommitted FBs with the midfield covering the exposure the FBs being out of place leaves behind)
- At the point of you "breasts" we had a full 11 that could support that model, the minute it changed and we didn't it fudged everything up
- Dembele actually said he left because of Poch's training, a good bit of what you call power has been sapped by that stupid inflexible view of managing players
- Academy players needed to go out on loan, get game time to see if they would actually work out, vs. training with team for years to get a 15 minute appearance

What you have now

- Is a team that is physically and mentally shattered, for years they gave everything for Poch and when it truly mattered he couldn't help/guide them get over the line. When Poch came in with his famous double/triple training sessions and we started to outrun/outpress opponents did no one ever think, why does no one else do this? because there is a cost in the long run, either in season or after multiple seasons.
- A team that doesn't know how to hold a defensive line because of the years of being willing to leave the back two CBs completely exposed, FBs that were never asked to defend properly and we no longer have a once in a generation midfielder who almost never lost possession.
- An attack that is based on overly complicated possession, FBs for width and passing with no plan B, Soldado, Llorente, Janssen all were expected to play like Kane and all failed, we never adapt for the striker that is in place, we still play like it's Kane up front.

We still have a very good squad with two obvious weakness areas, FBs and CM

- We need to learn to defend as a team again
- We need our midfield to contribute to managing the game
- We need to be flexible in our attack, quick transition, possession, creative midfield, runners, etc and adapt based on who's up front.

The team needs confidence and belief as well as new players but it can happen.

COYS
Agree with the no leaders but....

But how many would get in wolves??? People forget that wolves team is a settled well coached doubt for that really handy changed philosophy or style in Nunos time. They know their jobs inevitably well and generally deliver on them. How those players would fare in another teams not clear as other teams aren’t as settled for example or do not play the way wolves do. They actually end me of a lesser version of us under peak Poch 3 year’s ago

People are on here are talking about the heady days of Dembele. He was not the same player at the end of his spell with us. Dembele of today would be no better than what we have currently. He was broken just like Wanyama.

I think we are forgetting how poor he was in the last 6 months before his sale. Moving on from Dembele was inevitable, the failing was not replacing him.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

People are on here are talking about the heady days of Dembele. He was not the same player at the end of his spell with us. Dembele of today would be no better than what we have currently. He was broken just like Wanyama.

I think we are forgetting how poor he was in the last 6 months before his sale. Moving on from Dembele was inevitable, the failing was not replacing him.

Revisionism is easy though
Pine for what you had rather than what you have
Dembele may have been fit to play some of those games in the half a season we had left but we still achieved our goal in the league regardless.

Good to see a bit of reality about Dembélé.

Back