• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

When did Britain lose the plot?

the world is a fudged up place.. this is just political correctness gone absolutely mental! ridiculous.

"In a light-hearted aside to a security official [a muslim!] who had been assisting him...."

When did we all become fudging stupid, should be the question?

I doubt anything would've happened if the guard had not been a muslim

Engage brain before talking next time Fireman Sam

"In a light-hearted aside to a security official [a muslim!] who had been assisting him...."

When did we all become fudging stupid, should be the question?

I doubt anything would've happened if the guard had not been a muslim

Engage brain before talking next time Fireman Sam

it doesn't say that

They run the show. Dunno y the surprise Muslims get preferential treatment in this country. Everyone's so scared of offending them...why?

They burn our flag all day long. Did any of the ****s even get arrested? Someone threatens to burn their book and see what happens???

I think I would have gone ballisitc if it was me, would have not said a single word and would have had my lawyer there instantly.

He did the right thing though, got a policeman there, and requested to be arrested or just let go.

He should have stood his ground though. not compromised.

I hope the people at Gatwick get severely reprimanded. But sure they will just get a memo of the rules.

it doesn't say that

Imagine the security guard had a disabled child.

This old man walks up to him, at his place of work, and points to a child in a wheelchair going through security

"Should've checked that wheelchair, could be filled with drugs!", he moans boringly, to the guard

I imagine he'd have got the same time-waste treatment. (Just they wouldn't have called it racism, they'd have called out some other EU directive)

The security official just wasn't in the mood for his pointless, Victor Meldrew style comment

I don't think this is anything for Britain to be worried about, if you READ all the article in full.

Fireman Sam sounds like a joyless taco. Just unlucky for him that he met his equal in a uniform.

Read it again...later in the article, it mentions the guard is a muslim

He said that when he made his initial remark the security guard had appeared to agree with him, saying: “I know what you mean, but we have our rules, and you aren’t allowed to say that.”

“It was impossible to get her to listen to reason. We were then joined by a second female security guard who stated that she was Muslim and was deeply distressed by my comment.

Maybe its you that needs to take a little bit more notice of what you read?

Whatever, he asked a valid question, peoples photo's are scanned now and you get your passport compared physically to you.

The insanity of it all is still clear. As a nation we are trying too hard to appease the sensibilities of other - who do nothing to pander or accept ours.

I think you would be a joyless taco if you were inconvenienced for something that is unenforceable in law (he wasn't arrested) and they accentuated the point by going and finding a muslim to tell you that she was affronted, despite the question being reasonable and that she wasn't there to be offended in the first place.

Sorry, I'm a little confused here, I've never had to show my passport at the security gate at Gatwick or other airports in the UK? I put my hand luggage through, put off all my metal things into a little tray and then walk through the detector. If I beep they check me. If I don't, they let me through. But they don't check my passport or how much I look like my picture.

And the article says that if they want any woman to remove her covering, they can take her to a room and ask her to do so. So if for whatever reason they suspect the woman is not who she says she is, she will have to go through the same due process as anyone else. Though they seem to have gotten confused between a hijab and a niqab, as there should be no reason to remove a hijab for identification purposes.

And it was not a Muslim that flagged his comment. Just as it is almost never Muslims or any other minority group that push for the PC measures that gets everyone on here riled up so much.

His 'detention' was ridiculous. Firstly, it can't be racist. Secondly, he should be able to speak exactly how he wishes. But the thread, created by Mick to highlight the increasingly over-PC nature of Britain (imo), has been jumped on by others to exhibit their own prejudices. Similar to the hilarious KFC thread on here previously. Shame really.

but seriously people need to lighten up a bit - its often easy to tell the difference between rasicm and social commentary.........and the answer is often the presence or not of vitriol

we are too scared of someone being offended - its pathetic
if someone is offended, then take up the issue and work it through

airport staff are little hitlers though. they think they are in "law enforcement" when they more akin to bouncers

i took a flight a few months ago and the guy AT SECURITY asked me if i had a laptop in my bag. he then remembered he had just asked me that question already. then then put too fingers to his head and said something like "i should be shot".
the point is, there is no way he should be acting like that - but common says he is just any one of us and said something as a natural reaction - it happens, deal with it

Back