• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What's the worst that could happen?

milo

Jack L. Jones
We're Spurs fans. Every silver lining has a cloud. But what is the worst single* thing that could happen between now and next season?

*Let's keep it to one thing rather than Poch, Levy and the entire squad leave us.

May sound daft but going on a good league run and finishing a clear second.
Ramping up the pressure for what's already going to be a difficult season playing at Wembley.
With the added attention it would bring for our players as transfer targets of course.

I'd be quite happy with a 3rd place a few points behind city and one in front of the gooners.
FA cup win would be nice though

May sound daft but going on a good league run and finishing a clear second.
Ramping up the pressure for what's already going to be a difficult season playing at Wembley.
With the added attention it would bring for our players as transfer targets of course.

I'd be quite happy with a 3rd place a few points behind city and one in front of the gooners.
FA cup win would be nice though
Hmm... finishing 2nd is the almost the best we can hope for now. Don't quite see that as a negative at this point. Finishing 5-6th would be massively disappointing. Let next season take care of itself.

I think high on the brick list would have to be a few key players leaving as they don't see enough progress on the pitch. Lloris might be the most likely considering his age. Eriksen maybe.

I've just decided I don't like this thread.

Last edited:
Milo's right, best look out for the worst case scenario, then everything above and beyond is a bonus.

Given how tight things are below Cheatski at the top allied to the limitations of our squad depth and our tendency to fall away towards the end of the season I'm already steeling myself for sixth place and disappointment in the FA Cup.

Low expectation means I can enjoy the footy without getting too hung up on the outcome.

Talking about the worst that could happen I was a bit alarmed to read about Levy's email concerning political and financial support for the NDP. Knowing DL I'm guessing it was more tactical sparring than anything really sinister - but who knows?

If we fail to attract enough financial backing to keep the stadium project on track that might mean staying at WHL for another season.

Which could in turn be a blessing in disguise if it improves our chances of challenging for the PL next season.

Every cloud ...

Missing out on the CL and one of our irreplaceable players (i.e. Kane or TA) picking up an injury which means they miss the first few months of next season

This team breaks up because we have failed to recruit successfully and improve the squad with the right players

The Dildo brothers and Brady taking the reins at WHL. :eek:

KBNcZ.gif

For me it would be The Goons replacing Wenger with Allegri, the current Juve manager.

For you @milo and one or two others on here, it would be Daniel Levy announcing that a deal for the naming rights to the new stadium, has been agreed with The Trump Organisation and our new stadium is to be called, The Trump Arena...

How evil am I? :D

Back