• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What is the best purchase you have ever made?

Spursman

Neil Ruddock
Saw a similar thread on another website and wondered what you have purchased in your life that has been one of the best things you've bought.

I love my little ipod nano, great for the gym and use it all the time.
My Iphone is also something i get massive use out of.
Also a electric screwdriver, that has come in handy numerous times.

Id be interested to see what cheap purchases have made a big difference

Phones and tablets are in the category of worse purchases for me, relatively high cost, limited lifespan and minimal differentiation between models equal a "shiny buy" exiting for a short bit, but you have been taken.

I've had certain quality appliance buys that for me were a huge step up from previous options, cheap weber grill (<$70) that I used weekly for 7+ years, also recently (although its expensive), my Sonos investments have given me a lot of satisfaction.

i've spent a fair bit on tech that i'm happy with, I enjoy cool stuff

however, the best thing I have purchased is probably my motorbike, I got it dirt cheap as an experiment to aid my commute, 3 years later i've spent next to nothing on it, a couple of services and a few parts, tax, petrol,insurance are all cheap and I can park at the station for free and not worry about not being able to get a (charged) car space, it's already paid for itself

I've had certain quality appliance buys that for me were a huge step up from previous options, cheap weber grill (<$70) that I used weekly for 7+ years.

My Weber was a good buy too. I got loads of use from mine for five years and then gave it to a mate last year when I moved house.

Panasonic bread maker.
Use it every day. Actually on about my third one now.
I'm famous for my bread and at least four of my friends have went and bought one after tasting my bread.

My missus. I bought her online and have got great use out of her.

freecycle_logo.jpg

My first and second apartment. Both great price, great timing, before the housing market in Oslo went absolutely insane. Enabled me to finance the house we're currently living in.

Two things: First a minimoog Model D analog synthesizer which i bought from some poor sod for about £100 long time ago. Played around with it for a while, then refurbished it and sold it for £2500.
Secondly my two Technics SL-1200 turntables I bough in 1995. The first 10 years they were battered around in their flightcases when I was a travelling DJ, but they still look brand new and are in top condition. Really quality piece of equipment that I will never get rid of.

Two things: First a minimoog Model D analog synthesizer which i bought from some poor sod for about £100 long time ago. Played around with it for a while, then refurbished it and sold it for £2500.
Secondly my two Technics SL-1200 turntables I bough in 1995. The first 10 years they were battered around in their flightcases when I was a travelling DJ, but they still look brand new and are in top condition. Really quality piece of equipment that I will never get rid of.

Ive got a really old Sanyo TP1400 turn table and a an old Pioneer one. Also got a Sony Stereo ST - 50551(Wood covered) they all look retro.

Worth anything?

My PRS Custom 24 electric guitar in sunburst. Only ever played it twice onstage. I get her out of her case every once in a while and give her a bit of TLC.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back