• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What happened to them? Fotballers that "disappeared"

Is Cyril's brother, Peter Knowles, still alive?

Gave up top flight football to be a Jehovah's Witness, I recall.

Is Cyril's brother, Peter Knowles, still alive?

Gave up top flight football to be a Jehovah's Witness, I recall.

He was a very good player and was only 24 when he gave the game up. There was talk that we were interested in signing him but of course his decision changed that.

One guy who won't be disappearing is that Adebayo Akinfenwa...fat fudge!

Hard to imagine how he pulled a hamstring given the amount of waddling around WHL he did.

Mesut-Ozil.jpg

Last seen early 2016.

:(

I really, really wanted us to sign this guy back in 2011. He was actually my second preference on the list of three forwards we allegedly put in last-minute bids for - out of Llorente, him and Aguero, I would have taken him over the latter (although Llorente was my first choice because I felt we needed that sort of battering ram at the time given our reliance on wing play).

Shame how it turned out for him. Not that he's had a *bad* career, objectively - he made his mark at a top-flight La Liga club, won 30 caps for Italy and probably made a good bit of money doing so, although he's never actually won anything (iirc). But it could have been so much better.

:(

I really, really wanted us to sign this guy back in 2011. He was actually my second preference on the list of three forwards we allegedly put in last-minute bids for - out of Llorente, him and Aguero, I would have taken him over the latter (although Llorente was my first choice because I felt we needed that sort of battering ram at the time given our reliance on wing play).

Shame how it turned out for him. Not that he's had a *bad* career, objectively - he made his mark at a top-flight La Liga club, won 30 caps for Italy and probably made a good bit of money doing so, although he's never actually won anything (iirc). But it could have been so much better.
I used to enjoy his posts. The Benitez one really should have won post of the year; not sure he ever recovered from the disappointment.

Back