• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We're the Famous Tottenham Hotspur and we're going to Madrid (Travel Thread)

This is the only sensible option. If you look at other options accom and travel costs (even if you're not staying in Madrid) and multiply for 4 people it's £4k min all in.

Plus the options and flexibility a motorhome gives you is massive in this situation.

I'm usually bang up for going BUT if they open the Lane and we can all pile in there that is a good second option (especially as if we travel we're unlikely to get a ticket for the game).

How much time are you willing to be away?. Splitting the journey up makes it so much more comfortable.

It's best to research where to perch up (campsite or not) outside the City BUT with easy transport links in (hopefully running all night) think Woking Watford Kingston Croydon if it was in London. (for example). City centres are brick, for traffic and especially big vehicles.
There were campsites in the north of Madrid
Just check your licence allows you to drive one

- If they open NWHL then that is of course a good option that both saves a packet of £££ and still keeps you in amongst the fans and an atmosphere.

- Failing that I'd probably do The Fighting rooster Podcast's Social at EV Bar (assuming they'd put it on). I've been there for Dortmund/City and Ajax aways legs now and always been a great atmosphere.

HOWEVER, neither will of course compare to being out there in Madrid. I'd be happy to go even without a ticket. I'm thinking of going Thursday and coming back Monday? There or thereabouts anyway. Working on the fact that you could well lose best part of a day travelling if you're having to go by 4 wheels somehow. Even a shorter flight then pick up a car is going to kill a lot of the day.

I guess the good thing is if you're with like-minded fans it becomes a good road trip, rather than a proper jaunt on your own.

The only other thing to consider, is if (I stress IF!!!!) we were to bring the trophy home, I'd really want to be back in the UK asap as I imagine any parade will be on Monday. The players have got to get off for England duty don't forget. Groan.
Just looked. 14hrs Calais to Madrid.

Interestingly it sends you to the west of the Pyrenees ie Biarritz Bilbao side...so Portsmouth (although crossing more expensive) is the better departure point. Knocks 2 hrs off.

Ps. A load of the Portsmouth - Bilbao/Santander ferries are full.

I know I’m only doing a day trip but in a way I’m glad as my journey times are at the minimum, the thought of 2 whole days travelling doesnt float my boat

Just trying to widely guess, Question for any ST holders over 200LP's - Im on 150 so likely to miss out

Is there any situation where you wont apply for tickets?
- Only option is to travel for 2 days
- Have to Sleep outside / no Accommodation Sat night
- Club say you have to collect in Madrid with ID

Not trying to poach tickets, just trying to work out if everyone is doing anything to get there, or if there is a limit when people say it's not worth it?
Guessing those with over 300LPs are mostly going to be 50+ and not sure how many are going to be up for sleeping in a park

I am on 168 points - not sure if i will get a ticket or not - wondering if the cost will put people off? Though it is literally once in a life time expereince.

Plan A - have applied Thomas Cook - if i get a ticket happy to just be at the game and in and out.
Plan B - if they open the stadium will head there or the local areas.

For anyone interested : Sport Options have just put on sale more flights from Stansted.
£650 return.
Pricey, but saves on having to book accommodation.

https://www.sportoptions.com/UCL-Final-2019-Spurs

Flight Details
Out - 1st Jun 2019 - XLF - TBC - London Stansted Airport to Barajas International Airport - Departs 09:30 - Arrives 12:40
Ret - 2nd Jun 2019 - XLF - TBC - Barajas International Airport to London Stansted Airport - Departs 05:00 - Arrives 06:30

Further to the above, if anyone wants to buy Southend-Malaga-Southend flights, Weds 29- Mon 3, £350 incl name change, PM me.

I know its our first ever CL final but not every ST holder who would have enough points would go

We have 10 in our group from 350 - 100 so hoping most of us will get one

So we are thinking of flying to Bordeaux on the Friday and renting a campervan now and then driving to Madrid. But all the campsites in Madrid are sold out shocker. Need to find some outside of Madrid. Hard doing this on my phone. Will do it when back on Monday.

Anyone else thinking the same and got any luck?

So we are thinking of flying to Bordeaux on the Friday and renting a campervan now and then driving to Madrid. But all the campsites in Madrid are sold out shocker. Need to find some outside of Madrid. Hard doing this on my phone. Will do it when back on Monday.

How many of you are going?

Thinking the same, driving down from Geneva and sleeping in my car at a campsite (but would be happy with any secure location on the outskirts of Madrid).

I’ll only go if I can get a ticket though.

You don't need a campsite you've got a campervan. It'll run everything on the lesuire battery for a good while.
Bordeaux...overnight northern Spain Friday night (campsite if you want) ..4hrs to Madrid Saturday...park up somewhere sensible/convenient.. get tinkled, watch game (or half of it:))...back to van, sleep it off..head home..overnight again northern Spain, SW France..final bit To Bordeaux on Monday.

Back