• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We're the Famous Tottenham Hotspur and we're going to Madrid (Travel Thread)

This is the thread I never thought I'd see on here. Bloody fantastic!

I'm sadly unable to go for several reasons, but boy do I envy those of you who travel and can actually go to the game as well. Make some noise and make us proud!

How does this work, you book it in lieu of getting a ticket and if you don’t get one you lose the money? I thought as you needed a ticket to secure it you couldn’t book yet?

I believe you can book it (as they are gauging interest also) and then your booking is cross referenced with the club, if you have a ticket you are charged, no ticket your booking is canceled.

My pals have booked up the Sport Options 2 night stay, flight only for £685
They are staying in Toledo which is a train ride away, accomodation wasn't too bad between the 6 of them
I looked at toledo for a mate coming up from malaga, 1 hr into Madrid but still nice Airbnb options

For those who can't make Madrid there is talk that Spurs will hold a big live screening event at the Lane. Suspect if they do they'll get thousands of people there.

If I can get the time off I'll try that mate but don't let it stop you from getting offers. I won't really know about days off until around 20th May when my new boss returns from business trip. Looks likely I'm going to apply for the Thomas Cook thing first though.
The Thomas Cook option is good but expensive (still cheaper than most hotels though)

The Thomas Cook option is good but expensive (still cheaper than most hotels though)

The hotels thing is what done me, Thomas Cook option is expensive for what it is but quite happy if I end up going without using any annual leave (except when we win and I go AWOL from work for a few days, COYS) and not dropping a few £k on a hotel.

Motorhome/campervan is the best option.(NOW) Either from here or fly to wherever and pick it up.

Travel and accommodation in one, (park where you like) share the driving and costs. And a fridge for the beer;).

Genuinely, if anyone is looking at doing this and wants to pull a group of us together, keep me involved! I've been looking at options of motorhome/campervan hire, whether to pick it up in London and drive the whole way, or get to Calais and pick it up there. Then there's the issue of booking up a camp site pitch to make sure we can get it charged up etc before the key Madrid spots get sold out.

It's a doable option and far cheaper, just needs some careful planning.

The hotels thing is what done me, Thomas Cook option is expensive for what it is but quite happy if I end up going without using any annual leave (except when we win and I go AWOL from work for a few days, COYS) and not dropping a few £k on a hotel.
Thats why we broke date hotel quickly as we knew we would get there one way or another

The place we booked has put the prices up now to a £1000 a night

Genuinely, if anyone is looking at doing this and wants to pull a group of us together, keep me involved! I've been looking at options of motorhome/campervan hire, whether to pick it up in London and drive the whole way, or get to Calais and pick it up there. Then there's the issue of booking up a camp site pitch to make sure we can get it charged up etc before the key Madrid spots get sold out.

There are sites out of madrid, but when i looked it was difficult to get into Madrid

From my experience there before there is no parking anywhere for a large vehicle

We had a mini bus and found an underground car park and we literally "scraped" in...

Thats why we broke date hotel quickly as we knew we would get there one way or another

The place we booked has put the prices up now to a £1000 a night

When I was looking on Wednesday night I was seeing hotels charging 1.8 - 2k per night in the central areas.

Criminal.

It's a motorhome. A campsite is not essential...believe me.

When I was looking on Wednesday night I was seeing hotels charging 1.8 - 2k per night in the central areas.

Criminal.

That’s why booked
£135 a night for a bed and breakfast is decent for a capital city
All be it we’re 20 mins out (I’d say we’re in the equivalent of roosterfosters)

This is the only sensible option. If you look at other options accom and travel costs (even if you're not staying in Madrid) and multiply for 4 people it's £4k min all in.

Plus the options and flexibility a motorhome gives you is massive in this situation.

I'm usually bang up for going BUT if they open the Lane and we can all pile in there that is a good second option (especially as if we travel we're unlikely to get a ticket for the game).

How much time are you willing to be away?. Splitting the journey up makes it so much more comfortable.

It's best to research where to perch up (campsite or not) outside the City BUT with easy transport links in (hopefully running all night) think Woking Watford Kingston Croydon if it was in London. (for example). City centres are brick, for traffic and especially big vehicles.

Last edited:
This is the only sensible option. If you look at other options accom and travel costs (even if you're not staying in Madrid) and multiply for 4 people it's £4k min all in.

Plus the options and flexibility a motorhome gives you is massive in this situation.

I'm usually bang up for going BUT if they open the Lane and we can all pile in there that is a good second option (especially as if we travel we're unlikely to get a ticket for the game).

How much time are you willing to be away?. Splitting the journey up makes it so much more comfortable.

It's best to research where to perch up (campsite or not) outside the City BUT with easy transport links in (hopefully all night) think Woking Watford Kingston Croydon if it was in London. (for example). City centres are brick, for traffic and especially big vehicles.

- If they open NWHL then that is of course a good option that both saves a packet of £££ and still keeps you in amongst the fans and an atmosphere.

- Failing that I'd probably do The Fighting rooster Podcast's Social at EV Bar (assuming they'd put it on). I've been there for Dortmund/City and Ajax aways legs now and always been a great atmosphere.

HOWEVER, neither will of course compare to being out there in Madrid. I'd be happy to go even without a ticket. I'm thinking of going Thursday and coming back Monday? There or thereabouts anyway. Working on the fact that you could well lose best part of a day travelling if you're having to go by 4 wheels somehow. Even a shorter flight then pick up a car is going to kill a lot of the day.

I guess the good thing is if you're with like-minded fans it becomes a good road trip, rather than a proper jaunt on your own.

The only other thing to consider, is if (I stress IF!!!!) we were to bring the trophy home, I'd really want to be back in the UK asap as I imagine any parade will be on Monday. The players have got to get off for England duty don't forget. Groan.

Back