• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

We're crap away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

90sSpursBook

Erik Edman
Whilst looking forward to tonights game I was reflecting on our away form and it dawned on me that we haven't won a big away game since winning at Man Utd on NYD 2014 and even that looks less spectacular when you consider United finished 7th that season and also lost at home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and West Brom.

We have not won an away game at:

Arsenal.....2010.....(1 win in 23 years)
Emirates Marketing Project....2010......(lost 5 in a row since Crouchy's winner)
Liverpool....2011.....(1 win in 22 years)
Chelsea......1990...
Man Utd......2014.....(2 wins in 26 years)

even Everton we beat on the last day of last season in a (for them) meaningless game for the first time since 2007.

Of course we are better away from home against all teams...i shudder when recalling not winning away all season until February in 2000/01. Generally we do well at the mid-table and lower table clubs.

Also, our away form in cup games is appalling, Against PL opposition this is our record:

2014-15: Burnley (draw)
2013-14: Arsenal (lost); A Villa (won)
2012-13: Leeds (lost); Norwich (lost)
2011-12: Chelsea (lost at Wembley); Stoke (lost)
2010-11: Fulham (lost)
2009-10: Portsmouth (lost at Wembley); Fulham (draw); Bolton (draw); Man Utd (lost)
2008-09: Man Utd (lost); Man Utd (lost at Wembley); Saudi Sportswashing Machine (won)
2007-08; Chelsea (won at Wembley); Arsenal (draw); Emirates Marketing Project (won); Man Utd (lost)

and Europe is even worse....

since beating AC Milan in 2011 we have not won an away KO round tie...

2012-13: Lyon (draw); Inter (lost); Basel (draw)
2013-14: Dnipro (lost); Benfica (lost)
2014-15: Fiorentina (lost)

Doesn't install me with a great deal of confidence for tonight!

Although our away record over the course of many years against the big sides certainly leaves a lot to be desired in our current squad I see no such problem. (as of yet!)

If I recall rightly our only two big games away this season have been a game against United, where neither team really showed up and a Walker OG was the decider, and a game against Arsenal when other than a nervy end 20mins we were by far the better team throughout.

Once again if I remember rightly (and despite being young my memory isn't all that sharp), our biggest away games to come are Liverpool away, City away & Chelsea away. We'll see how we do in those fixtures in due time but under this present side I think we have the best chance of turning it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back