• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

Wembley is going to be 'a little' scary next season, I will be upping my Valium order this September!

I take xanax, got a load in Thailand, the morning before we came back i put them in the wifes suitcase while she was in the shower. Did not mind if she got stopped at customs but did not want that for me.

Thats completely understandable..........no point causing YOU panic or anxiety, kind of defeats the object otherwise.

I completely disagree that we have "stunk out" Wembley this season....

IMO Monaco are by far and away the best team we have played this season in any competition. Despite us going down 2-0 (I thought due to questionable tactics and shape from Pochettino) we easily could've come back to have drawn that game once Pochettino cottoned on that Monaco were actually a good team worthy of respect and got Dembele on the pitch to address our polo mint formation. I think Monaco scored with their only 2 efforts on goal that night, the defeat was probably unlucky in the end.

Leverkusen nicked a tight game between two evenly matched teams 1-0. We saw in the away game that there is little between us and them and the home game was exactly the same. We beat CSKA comfortably and absolutely mullered Gent and were heavily on top throughout, even with only 10 men and just didn't get the result that we deserved that night, conceding the equaliser for 2-2 when we were piling forward to try to get the 3-1 win that we needed.

Our performances weren't particularly bad at Wembley this season, yes the results were bad - but we shouldn't confuse the two things. We should also realise that Monaco and Leverkusen are as good as (and probably better than) over three quarters of the teams in the Premier League.

I said that previously about the Monaco game... at their ground they were exceptionally good but at Wembley the were actually very lucky in the end
I agree with you synopsis here though but as someone said it doesn't suit the press or the negative nature of most of our fans

We should've beaten Leverkusen. Enough chances. I would argue the same with Monaco albeit a flat performance for sure. Did we ever play our first eleven at home in the CL?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Leverkusen were better than us and deserved to beat us.

We didn't play well against Monaco but still should have won the game, Monaco took their two chances they had in the entire game.

The performance and the results were bad against Monaco and Leverkusen. (don't tell me you weren't massively disappointed leaving Wembley) We should have beat Gent but didnt. And CSKA couldn't give a f*ck about the game. I realise that Monaco and BL are as good or better than three quarters of the prem teams but we are better than 18 of them.

And probably better than all of them when playing at our home WHL. That's what being discussed here, whether there is genuine reason to think we may have a drop off in home performances (and points) next season.

Of course there's no hoodoo, just gotta start loving playing there as much as our opponents.

Edit:One caveat i'd add is we haven't set the world alight (in the last 2-3 seasons) at WHL when playing European football........so European football could be the problem rather than Wembley.

I agree. It's natural to believe there MAY be a drop off in terms of points we accumulate at 'home' next season not only because of our inability to match the performances we've seen at WHL, but every team that comes to Wembley will be up for it, almost like a cup final.

I completely disagree that we have "stunk out" Wembley this season....

IMO Monaco are by far and away the best team we have played this season in any competition. Despite us going down 2-0 (I thought due to questionable tactics and shape from Pochettino) we easily could've come back to have drawn that game once Pochettino cottoned on that Monaco were actually a good team worthy of respect and got Dembele on the pitch to address our polo mint formation. I think Monaco scored with their only 2 efforts on goal that night, the defeat was probably unlucky in the end.

Leverkusen nicked a tight game between two evenly matched teams 1-0. We saw in the away game that there is little between us and them and the home game was exactly the same. We beat CSKA comfortably and absolutely mullered Gent and were heavily on top throughout, even with only 10 men and just didn't get the result that we deserved that night, conceding the equaliser for 2-2 when we were piling forward to try to get the 3-1 win that we needed.

Our performances weren't particularly bad at Wembley this season, yes the results were bad - but we shouldn't confuse the two things. We should also realise that Monaco and Leverkusen are as good as (and probably better than) over three quarters of the teams in the Premier League.

Completely agree. Also, the standard of opposition we've played at Wembley, virtually every game bar Pompey in the semi, has been extremely high (we easily deserved to beat Gent on the night and we played most of it with 10 men). It's not like we're failing to beat Sunderland or Hull every week there.

I think we'll stay at the Lane for a year.
Levy's statement today is a warm up for Friday - he saw the performances at Wembley and won't take the risk of screwing up the Lge.
Maybe CL games at Wembley still, use those games as tactical training for the bigger pitch at the new stadium.

Levy's statement today is a warm up for Friday - he saw the performances at Wembley and won't take the risk of screwing up the Lge.
Maybe CL games at Wembley still, use those games as tactical training for the bigger pitch at the new stadium.

But we still have to vacate WHL to finish the ground and that will take 9 months plus testing and commissioning of everything

I think we'll move. As someone pointed out elsewhere the OS is now full of articles about fans' memories of the Lane. Today the club are tweeting asking for more memories to be submitted. If there was a real risk of this not being the last season, I think they'd be keeping things low key for the time being.

But we still have to vacate WHL to finish the ground and that will take 9 months plus testing and commissioning of everything
See Levy's statement about next season.
Might even be a deal where we finish or start part of a season at Wembley to address what you are saying.
But Levy rarely says anything in public without it having some kind of meaning.

See Levy's statement about next season.
Might even be a deal where we finish or start part of a season at Wembley to address what you are saying.
But Levy rarely says anything in public without it having some kind of meaning.

We're not allowed to in either Europe or the league

Have to play at one stadium for each competition

It's rumoured that the deadline has been extended.

Levy is simply putting pressure on the council.

We are definitely going to Wembley next season for one campaign.

It's rumoured that the deadline has been extended.

Levy is simply putting pressure on the council.

We are definitely going to Wembley next season for one campaign.
Think we've got until the end of April now.

Pretty much sure we'll be going......just Levy being Levy, weighing things in his (and our) favour, so making good decisions and basically doing an effing good job.

Back