• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

If they were a little less stupid and greedy they could've done really well out of the position that they held.

They could've accepted an offer of at least 2 times the value of their premises and probably wangled a new site out of THFC to move to. They probably could even have done a deal to ensure that they were the suppliers of the stainless steel kitchen and catering equipment for the new stadium. In the end they got an ordinary CPO valuation. Serves them right for their greed I say as there was no real reason for them to want to stay in that exact spot.

If they were a little less stupid and greedy they could've done really well out of the position that they held.

They could've accepted an offer of at least 2 times the value of their premises and probably wangled a new site out of THFC to move to. They probably could even have done a deal to ensure that they were the suppliers of the stainless steel kitchen and catering equipment for the new stadium. In the end they got an ordinary CPO valuation. Serves them right for their greed I say as there was no real reason for them to want to stay in that exact spot.
roman-abramovich-540x424.jpg

Man U, Man C and cheatski will probably each spend £100m - £200m in the summer so sign 2-3 genuinely top class players.

So then its us, Liverpool, Arse and Everton battling for 4th - 7th, and maybe one of us battling the bigger spenders for a top 3 spot. This season its us up against Man C and cheatksi, but might not be next year

Key is adding say 3 decent players to strengthen in the summer, rather than assume we'll still be able to contend with the same squad. I think we need a top class CB to give depth there, better cover for Kane and someone who can play behind the CF and can beat a man with genuine skill and create something out of nothing

That's what everyone said this time last year, 'this team will spend this and this team will spend that, so we'll be lucky to do this and that blah blah blah'.

We've got an absolutely unbelievable team stacked with so many players on their way to being world class.

Let them spend what they want but we'll be right up there regardless. To already be writing of a top 3 finish for next season is emabarrasing and you should be ashamed of yourself.

As for the other guy saying it's 6th or 7th next year, your an equal emabarrasmemt.

We've got an unreal team that is somehow 2nd despite massive injury problems this year. No matter where we play we will win most of the games we play and we'll be competing all the way for the title.

That's what everyone said this time last year, 'this team will spend this and this team will spend that, so we'll be lucky to do this and that blah blah blah'.

We've got an absolutely unbelievable team stacked with so many players on their way to being world class.

Let them spend what they want but we'll be right up there regardless. To already be writing of a top 3 finish for next season is emabarrasing and you should be ashamed of yourself.

As for the other guy saying it's 6th or 7th next year, your an equal emabarrasmemt.

We've got an unreal team that is somehow 2nd despite massive injury problems this year. No matter where we play we will win most of the games we play and we'll be competing all the way for the title.

100% right

Whilst I agree with some comments that wembely will not be yo our advantage it is also new for lost sides playing there and for me that's the inky thing that can effect this team other than injuries

Everyone will spend money regardless and for every success like Wanyama you can have a sissoko or to put it in a slightly better context for every Wanyama you could have a Pogba....

We're on the upwards curve whilst most sides are still trying to start that process. City need a whole defence, united need some real quality and leadership, pool need a defence and a plan B, arse will probably need a new manager, Chelsea will have some upheaval if Costa leaves as looks likely, we will be dealing with a new ground temporarily and higher expectations but that shows how far we have come

Lane Memories now all over the OS, it's happening guys. 17/18 will be Wembley no lingering doubt at this point in my mind.

Yeah I noticed that...I started to be convinced we were going to be back next season especially with no fuss around last cup match etc but little things now starting to point towards the final 4 games all becoming a bit too real now...

Stop calling people an embarrassment just because they have fears about the affect of playing next season at Wembley may have on us.

At least they're reasoning that with some glaring facts, that show a drop off in 'home' form could be a distinct possibility. WHL is atm a fortress, we are the best home team in the league. We are waving that goodbye, and going to play at a stadium that we have stunk out this season (and for a fair while in recent years).

Your theory is we are the second coming of the 1970 Brazil team.

We are in a difficult league with 6 very good teams. If we dip 10pts from home games compared to this year's great home record we could realistically be 5,6or7th.

Not doubting the rest of it but if you don't think it will be a factor, you're just clapping.

Last edited:
Stop calling people an embarrassment just because they have fears about the affect of playing next season at Wembley may have on us.

At least they're reasoning that with some glaring facts, that show a drop off in 'home' form could be a distinct possibility. WHL is atm a fortress, we are the best home team in the league. We are waving that goodbye, and going to play at a stadium that we have stunk out this season (and for a fair while in recent years).

Your theory is we are the second coming of the 1970 Brazil team.

We are in a difficult league with 6 very good teams. If we dip 10pts from home games compared to this year's great home record we could realistically be 5,6or7th.

Not doubting the rest of it but if you don't think it will be a factor, you're just clapping.
I completely disagree that we have "stunk out" Wembley this season....

IMO Monaco are by far and away the best team we have played this season in any competition. Despite us going down 2-0 (I thought due to questionable tactics and shape from Pochettino) we easily could've come back to have drawn that game once Pochettino cottoned on that Monaco were actually a good team worthy of respect and got Dembele on the pitch to address our polo mint formation. I think Monaco scored with their only 2 efforts on goal that night, the defeat was probably unlucky in the end.

Leverkusen nicked a tight game between two evenly matched teams 1-0. We saw in the away game that there is little between us and them and the home game was exactly the same. We beat CSKA comfortably and absolutely mullered Gent and were heavily on top throughout, even with only 10 men and just didn't get the result that we deserved that night, conceding the equaliser for 2-2 when we were piling forward to try to get the 3-1 win that we needed.

Our performances weren't particularly bad at Wembley this season, yes the results were bad - but we shouldn't confuse the two things. We should also realise that Monaco and Leverkusen are as good as (and probably better than) over three quarters of the teams in the Premier League.

I think embarrassment is probably not the correct word to use.

Kindly review your post, amend where necessary and revert back to this thread.

Thank you

IMO Monaco are by far and away the best team we have played this season in any competition. Despite us going down 2-0 (I thought due to questionable tactics and shape from Pochettino) we easily could've come back to have drawn that game once Pochettino cottoned on that Monaco were actually a good team worthy of respect and got Dembele on the pitch to address our polo mint formation. I think Monaco scored with their only 2 efforts on goal that night, the defeat was probably unlucky in the end.

Leverkusen nicked a tight game between two evenly matched teams 1-0. We saw in the away game that there is little between us and them and the home game was exactly the same. We beat CSKA comfortably and absolutely mullered Gent and were heavily on top throughout, even with only 10 men and just didn't get the result that we deserved that night, conceding the equaliser for 2-2 when we were piling forward to try to get the 3-1 win that we needed.

Our performances weren't particularly bad at Wembley this season, yes the results were bad - but we shouldn't confuse the two things. We should also realise that Monaco and Leverkusen are as good as (and probably better than) over three quarters of the teams in the Premier League.

So true, we weren't great but we weren't rubbish either, the results just didn't drop for us, but it's a much easier to write "Spurs Hoodoo at Wembley" than actually report on a match, something most "sports" media people can't do.

So true, we weren't great but we weren't rubbish either, the results just didn't drop for us, but it's a much easier to write "Spurs Hoodoo at Wembley" than actually report on a match, something most "sports" media people can't do.

Indeed, and add to that the " chicken licken" attitude of some supporters and we might as well play all our games away.

I think there is reason to be slightly negative about Wembley next year.
Let's look at the stats...

This year we are exceptional at home 13 wins, 2 draws. I am confident we will win the remaining 4 which gives us 53pts at home.

Compare that to the previous 4 seasons and we averaged around 10 home wins per season. This is the figure we are likely to replicate at Wembley, our average and not what we are currently achieving this season. We are looking at a potential loss of 10-15pts at Wembley.

Where do we make this up? It's going to need a win at a top 4 club and converting a fair number of draws to wins at the other 15 teams.

The performance and the results were bad against Monaco and Leverkusen. (don't tell me you weren't massively disappointed leaving Wembley) We should have beat Gent but didnt. And CSKA couldn't give a f*ck about the game. I realise that Monaco and BL are as good or better than three quarters of the prem teams but we are better than 18 of them.

And probably better than all of them when playing at our home WHL. That's what being discussed here, whether there is genuine reason to think we may have a drop off in home performances (and points) next season.

Of course there's no hoodoo, just gotta start loving playing there as much as our opponents.

Edit:One caveat i'd add is we haven't set the world alight (in the last 2-3 seasons) at WHL when playing European football........so European football could be the problem rather than Wembley.

Back