• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

Not sure if this is better mentioned elsewhere or if it’s already been mentioned but,.. 76k+ for an evening kick off on the tv v Everton is bloody impressive!

We’ve put way more bums on seats at Wembley than I thought we would so far. As far as I know tickets aren’t going cheap, this isn’t kids for a quid! Bodes well for filling the new stadium on most occasions.

Can’t wait for the Arsenal game, what an occasion that will be!

masses of kiddies at the game

Had what could've been a not good experience on the coach home lastnight

As we were pulling out of the car park a coach next to us pulled alongside full of Everton chavs, then totally unprovoked a few of them got out and started smacking the side of our coach and trowing stuff at ours, then 2 of them forced their way onto our coach and started giving it to everybody and wanting to fight, a big guy and an older chap got them off the coach and the driver pulled away but not nice for the people who had young kids on our coach

In the days of watching Warrington RL in the 80s, the coach getting 'bricked' was quite a regular occasion, especially on trips to Hull, Featherstone and Castleford, but that was 30 plus years ago. I had rather hoped sports fans had moved on from this. Sadly it seems not

Not sure if this is better mentioned elsewhere or if it’s already been mentioned but,.. 76k+ for an evening kick off on the tv v Everton is bloody impressive!

We’ve put way more bums on seats at Wembley than I thought we would so far. As far as I know tickets aren’t going cheap, this isn’t kids for a quid! Bodes well for filling the new stadium on most occasions.

Can’t wait for the Arsenal game, what an occasion that will be!

I mentioned it in the OMT when the figured was announced on BT, they seemed impressed, I certainly was. As you say, a televised match on a Saturday evening just after New Year too, very very impressive and hats off to all that made the trip

I mentioned it in the OMT when the figured was announced on BT, they seemed impressed, I certainly was. As you say, a televised match on a Saturday evening just after New Year too, very very impressive and hats off to all that made the trip
Not sure but was that one of the very few games this season that went on totally unrestricted general sale? Afaia all the big games have been on restricted sale of some sort so far this season. Maybe that plus the 5.30 Saturday evening ko (meaning dads could take younger kids w/out having to worry about school the following day) played a part. Plus Everton are that bit more of a draw than say Stoke / Bournemouth / Swansea.

As a Lilywhite member I'm planning to buy my first Wembley tickets for the Juve game on Tuesday (fingers crossed) and need some advice.
Which block is held for the Italians, where is the away section? (I try to keep myself far away from it.)
Is there any discomfort of sitting at South stand? More available seats there than the other side.
Thanks for your help.

The away section is in the south east corner. If you mind walking, you should choose which station you arrive at according to the stand you're in.

As a Lilywhite member I'm planning to buy my first Wembley tickets for the Juve game on Tuesday (fingers crossed) and need some advice.
Which block is held for the Italians, where is the away section? (I try to keep myself far away from it.)
Is there any discomfort of sitting at South stand? More available seats there than the other side.
Thanks for your help.

I'm in 110 which is a block away from the away fans

Entrance F is where I go in and its literally underneath Wembley Way and up, really easy

upload_2018-1-21_14-16-44.png

Thanks for your help.

The seating is the same all around Wembley on bottom and top tiers, so (as bjholmem says) go for the sections nearest to whichever train station you’re traveling to (south west is nearest to Chiltern Line station or north for Tube station).

If you want to have a halftime pint you might want to upgrade to Club Wembley tier though, as no alcohol sales are permitted at UEFA fixtures except for the hospitality section.

https://help.wembleystadium.com/sup...21159-can-i-purchase-alcohol-during-my-event-

If you want to have a halftime pint you might want to upgrade to Club Wembley tier though, as no alcohol sales are permitted at UEFA fixtures

Will be doing this if we beat Juventus in the last 16 then we can have a few pre match nerve steadiers in the quarters

Sorry to join in the whinge fest, but I agree Wembley feels detached. It's fine for a year, but represents a glossy pop corn form of entertainment without much feeling.

Sat in a cushioned seat with so much space, but when we kicked off, the guy in front says 'I hope your not going to do that all 90 mins' - when myself and the 12 year old kid in the row behind starting shouting and singing. The first half was painful. Quiet in the stadium and Bournemouth did a good job of containing the game. The area behind the goal is the place to be if you want to sing. The geezer in front left at 75 mins. Celebrated with both when we scored tho.

I guess 15 to 30,000 of the attendees are not regulars. Some are tourists just going to a PL match. Others are Spurs fans who don't know the songs. If half the stadium joined in chants it would make the atmosphere. We should sticky a songs thread.

What was awesome was the kid behind. Singing his heart out, shouting throughout the game when the section we were in was pretty quiet. Amazing position just to the right of Poch in his technical area.
Agree with you it does feel detached because I think most games have had 60/65k there which means the stadium is one third empty and theres the biggest problem, there will be empty seats around and you dont connect/sing together Ive been to all PL and CL games except Bournemouth and the only games with a really good atmosphere were the CL games and Liverpool. Its my and my sons first season as season ticket holders, we know some of the songs but not all, be good if the club encouraged singing by putting them in the programes or on the Spurs website, dont think you should go if youre not going sing/support the team. Fan since 67. COYS.

Foooking loved it today, great atmosphere, result !!

Really heavy handed searches before the game and also the car park afterwards my word, taken me 3 1/2 hours to get home, we literally didn't move for 75 mins after the game, thankfully not many more left !!

Foooking loved it today, great atmosphere, result !!

Really heavy handed searches before the game and also the car park afterwards my word, taken me 3 1/2 hours to get home, we literally didn't move for 75 mins after the game, thankfully not many more left !!

They searched after the game? Were they looking for ozil?

I'm warming to Wembley and for the following:

Been going since the 70s and alway used Wembley Park. The iconic walk up Wembley Way aside (and they've ruined that with all the building anyway), it's a pain getting in and even more so getting out. Sacked it off and now use Wembley Central. Surprisingly user friendly.

The walk from Wembley Central is not too dissimilar to The High Road/Seven Sisters. Makes it feel more like our manor not somewhere that's a tourist/selfie opportunity destination (who'd want a selfie on Wembley High Road?)

In general, I think we've cracked it with the atmosphere (big shout to the club for their intelligent distribution of the STs, vis a vis keeping Park Laners/Shelf Siders together)

Cup games and West Ham aside (Yeh I'm looking at you Sky. You completely fvcked that one up didn't you), we've shown we can fill the biggest stadium in the UK and make it our own. We wear it well, it looks good on us.

Further progress in the Champions League and/or a home semi & final in the FA Cup and our sojourn at Wembley could earn a fondly remembered chapter in our history.

There's a total non-story in the Times today, about the "advantage" we would have if we get to the SF of the FA Cup. Headlined "FA Cup: Anger brewing over possibility of Spurs’ ‘home’ semi-final", it seems to boil down to "The FA has been made aware of some rumblings of discontent, but has yet to receive a complaint".
Interestingly, the article goes on to state "However, the governing body’s position is that the matter is resolved, having been discussed at a board meeting at which the leading Premier League clubs were represented last season, before the FA agreed to lease Wembley to Spurs for a year with no objections being raised."

Useful to know for when accusations of unfair treatment start getting bandied about by fans of whoever we might be playing (IF we get past Rochdale in the replay and Sheffield Weds/Swansea in the QF of course -nothing being taken for granted).

If we get the SF it will mean that our allocation for tickets will probably just go to corporate and ST holders only

If we get the SF it will mean that our allocation for tickets will probably just go to corporate and ST holders only
Yep. Our allocation last year was 32,637 plus an additional allocation that became available later (not sure of the amount) (taken from the OS).
LP table shows 41k ST holders.
So it's unlikely to get down to Members, or if it does - and you'd need a lot of STs not to apply - only members with the very highest LPs would be in with a chance.

Back