• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

Do we train at Wembley at all during the week(or in pre-season),are we allowed too??....do we practice corners or free kicks on the pitch...we should go there at least a couple of times a week(up till Xmas at least),the point is if you go somewhere reguarly it becomes more natrual and more matter of fact...get used to the roll of the pitch,get used to playing long balls from one side to another,get used to the sun coming on the pitch, the rain,the wind,small bits and pieces that may make little differences but on the pitch who knows .....but the more we use the ground more familar it will get. Even Ghod pointed out on Wednesday,all the players being issued laminards around the neck making it feel its not there own ground and being made a 'visitor'.

When you play away its a routine you've done for years,you do basically the same thing all the time....drive to training ground,sit on the bus for three/four hour's or so,get your room,onto your ipad,eat/sleep/eat,team meetings...same thing week in week out.Be interesting what the players wil say when they leave the club to see if the club should have done things differently.

I think the ground makes very little difference otherwise why are our away performances improved on last year at unfamiliar grounds

Our issue at wembley has simply been putting our dominance into a result. We should have 3 wins IMO based on the performance but we dint as we didn't get the job done. It wasn't cos we were out played it was because we didn't take the chances we had and conceded poor goals

I don't know how to use the like button, nothing to do with Hoodoos, poor subs or team selection. We had the chances but failed to finish them.

Again, I think the actual playing surface is taking time for us to adjust to. It has no camber, and I suspect the drainage system/immediate underlay is different to the Lane simply because Wembley also hosts other sports and events. We will absolutely get there, no doubt, but I'd love to know one day whether the pitch composite has had an affect.

Again, I think the actual playing surface is taking time for us to adjust to. It has no camber, and I suspect the drainage system/immediate underlay is different to the Lane simply because Wembley also hosts other sports and events. We will absolutely get there, no doubt, but I'd love to know one day whether the pitch composite has had an affect.

We can't blame the pitch for having a shocking conversion ratio

We're completing passes no probs and having plenty of possession. What were not doing is hitting the onion bag

Forget the bloody hoodoo. The problem isn't Wembley this is how we play at the start of the season. Compare the Burnley game with the 1-0 win over Palace when Wanyama scored and the Swansea game with the 1-0 win over Sunderland. The respective match stats (shots on target, corners, possession) are almost identical. Of course the 'goals' stat is the only one that counts but matches panned out virtually the same e.g. a stodgy and often ponderous performance. the only different (apart from the result!) is fine margins.

If, at xmas we are still playing within ourselves and dropping points I'll be concerned but until then we're simply following the same pattern of the last 2 seasons.

So the question should then be asked, why are we so slow to start?

We can't blame the pitch for having a shocking conversion ratio

We're completing passes no probs and having plenty of possession. What were not doing is hitting the onion bag

In the spirit of discussion, I partially disagree. Every little bounce or spin that's different could be a difference. Kane's shot off the bar was an example; looked like his plant foot left him ever so slightly leaning back. Ball took a little skip off the turf. Who knows, could be excuses, could be a factor, but WHL's surface was very unique, and having stepped on both pitches, they feel different to me. But I do agree that our conversion rate is not solely down to that!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Hitting a shot on target from a standstill position has absolutely nothing to do with the surface. And the bounce and speed of the ball will be different on any pitch from day to day. It will never be the same conditions. Stop making excuses!

In the spirit of discussion, I partially disagree. Every little bounce or spin that's different could be a difference. Kane's shot off the bar was an example; looked like his plant foot left him ever so slightly leaning back. Ball took a little skip off the turf. Who knows, could be excuses, could be a factor, but WHL's surface was very unique, and having stepped on both pitches, they feel different to me. But I do agree that our conversion rate is not solely down to that!

Every pitch is different and we had success and pooscatle when they fudged their pitch to stich us up

Every pitch is different and we had success and pooscatle when they fudged their pitch to stich us up

OK.
I think it has been a factor, again, we will hopefully not be having this conversation soon and won't know if it had any legs until next season when people will talk about it. I will just say that (the day before Burnley) there was a rugby match. I believe things like that are factors.

Back