• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

Does anyone else worry that playing at Wembley every other week might be a challenge that is beyond us in terms of replicating our home form of this season? Without our home form this year we would be midtable at best. That would make it pretty hard for us to hold onto the likes of Lloris, Alli and Kane if we haven't got Champions League to come in the first season at the new stadium. Maybe the new stadium alone would tempt a few of them to stick around but I'm developing fear that this could be a huge challenge, albeit a necessary one.

I think everyone has that concern. The alternate view is that, rather than Wembley having some magic hoodoo, the players have been and will continue to be increasingly familiar and comfortable there, to the point that it becomes a proper home away from home next season.

Of course, then there's the issue of the new WHL being a strange foreign pitch all over again once they move in there. But at the end of the day, there's no way to avoid it.

Last edited:
Lane Memories now all over the OS, it's happening guys. 17/18 will be Wembley no lingering doubt at this point in my mind.

Does anyone else worry that playing at Wembley every other week might be a challenge that is beyond us in terms of replicating our home form of this season? Without our home form this year we would be midtable at best. That would make it pretty hard for us to hold onto the likes of Lloris, Alli and Kane if we haven't got Champions League to come in the first season at the new stadium. Maybe the new stadium alone would tempt a few of them to stick around but I'm developing fear that this could be a huge challenge, albeit a necessary one.

No.

Life sets you challenges and you have to face them with a strategy and confidence in your own ability, if you don't have that you will fail, but I have faith in the management and players at the club to do everything in their power to keep the progression going.

I'm half expecting us to have a tough season and finish around 6th-7th but I can't see us losing players as a result of that alone, I'd be very surprised if we get anywhere near the top 4. I'm more worried about losing Toby, Alli, Kane etc due to wages or bigger fish making us offers too good to turn down.

I'm half expecting us to have a tough season and finish around 6th-7th but I can't see us losing players as a result of that alone, I'd be very surprised if we get anywhere near the top 4. I'm more worried about losing Toby, Alli, Kane etc due to wages or bigger fish making us offers too good to turn down.
Surely they'll give us one season at least in the new stadium?

Surely they'll give us one season at least in the new stadium?
That's the hope I cling to... seeing this magnificent stadium arising phoenix like from the ashes of Archway Steel must surely be a draw to any player. I think it will be the envy of many, many fans across the continent, and will be an attraction to the current playing staff to stay for a few seasons more.

That's the hope I cling to... seeing this magnificent stadium arising phoenix like from the ashes of Archway Steel must surely be a draw to any player. I think it will be the envy of many, many fans across the continent, and will be an attraction to the current playing staff to stay for a few seasons more.

It didn't help scum keep the likes of Fabregas or Flamini.

Man U, Man C and cheatski will probably each spend £100m - £200m in the summer so sign 2-3 genuinely top class players.

So then its us, Liverpool, Arse and Everton battling for 4th - 7th, and maybe one of us battling the bigger spenders for a top 3 spot. This season its us up against Man C and cheatksi, but might not be next year

Key is adding say 3 decent players to strengthen in the summer, rather than assume we'll still be able to contend with the same squad. I think we need a top class CB to give depth there, better cover for Kane and someone who can play behind the CF and can beat a man with genuine skill and create something out of nothing

Lane Memories now all over the OS, it's happening guys. 17/18 will be Wembley no lingering doubt at this point in my mind.

Yes, I thought the same. If there was any likelihood of us having to stay another season then I think the club would have held back on the 'Memories' thing. Although there's nothing that I can see that references 'last season', but that's clearly why they are doing it.

I don't think the stadium in itself is enough. I heard enough from Spam fans last year about how the Olympic stadium would be a draw to players to join them. That was clearly overly optimistic and the same would apply to us : I don't believe any player would choose a club based on their home ground alone. Where the stadium will make a difference is in combination with our prospects. If we continue to challenge for the title or at least CL during our season away (how great to even be able to type those words about the title with a level of seriousness) then that, combined with playing in a brand new state of the art stadium should be enough to keep the most of our first team happy to stick with us. Big paydays on offer elsewhere will always be a challenge/risk but my sense (maybe naively) is that we have a team that is signed up to the Poch project. I'm not too worried for the next two seasons. Beyond that, who knows...

Nice turn of phrase

Did Archway Steel survive? Prosper? Get Levy'd by legal fees? Burn down their new property?

Back