• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

Decided to get the Met line from Croxley to Wembley Park, then drinks in the ground. £4.95 for a cider, also had options of champagne and Gin bars in Club Wembley.

Some nice food and drink options in Club Wembley

I found Wembley fine yesterday no real queue's for anything before and during the game

Some nice food and drink options in Club Wembley

I found Wembley fine yesterday no real queue's for anything before and during the game

Got sold a pup with Shed Head ale in Club Wmbley - cold & fizzy. They didn't tell me there were lasses selling real ale about 10 seconds away. HobGoblin or English Pale Ale £4.95 a pint.

Tried the pie mash & peas for £8, OK-ish, but no condiments so next time I'll visit that nice Mr Wetherspoon for salt, pepper and horseradish. Could have had ½L of cider included for a tenner, but suspect that it, too, would be cold & fizzy.

Plenty of seats around. Didn't join the rush at half time.

Got sold a pup with Shed Head ale in Club Wmbley - cold & fizzy. They didn't tell me there were lasses selling real ale about 10 seconds away. HobGoblin or English Pale Ale £4.95 a pint.

Tried the pie mash & peas for £8, OK-ish, but no condiments so next time I'll visit that nice Mr Wetherspoon for salt, pepper and horseradish. Could have had ½L of cider included for a tenner, but suspect that it, too, would be cold & fizzy.

Plenty of seats around. Didn't join the rush at half time.

While I was happy to see some real ale, they both taste like brick. The HT Carlsberg massively outperformed them on the brickness scale though.

The Wetherspoons app that lets you order drinks to your table is a godsend.

Well, if you're up my end (fnarr, yoikks), maybe we can compare and contrast on Sunday.

I'm in 238, just under 'home end' jumbotron

On another note, Yellow carparking, £40 per car WTF !! how exactly can they charge that amount of cash it's obscene

Developers who own the land around the stadium cashing in.

They don't really want to provide any parking, but the planning conditions for the rest of their development requires them to provide a minimum number of spaces.

Managed to pick the queue at the bar with the trainee serving.

I think the club are taking 'making Wembley a home from home' a bit too seriously!

I saw that in one of the premium bars they had self-pour beer taps with cashless payment. That's the future.

Did we really have a drummer hooked up to the PA system? If so, that is simply embarrassing. Who thought that was a good idea?

We didn't have those infernal clappers too, I hope? I might have to reconsider my intention of going to the Burnley match this weekend if that is the case. The worst sound in the world. Just a sharpe irritating noise. Nothing to do with atmosphere.

Did we really have a drummer hooked up to the PA system? If so, that is simply embarrassing. Who thought that was a good idea?

We didn't have those infernal clappers too, I hope? I might have to reconsider my intention of going to the Burnley match this weekend if that is the case. The worst sound in the world. Just a sharpe irritating noise. Nothing to do with atmosphere.

True about the drum but only for the first half. I think there were complaints via twitter to the club and it wasn't heard after half time. It was embarrassing and Cheatski fans were loving it. I doubt it will return (or at least not liked up to the PA).

I supppse the club had good intentions to help create atmosphere but it wasn't needed and backfired really.

No clappers though. That would be too much.

Hopefully they do away with the flags too, most of them just left on the floor at the end of the game anyway.

I was sat in SW corner and there were a few renditions of "we're the Park Lane Tottenham" but not as loud or sustained as at WHL. Guess things will improve as we grow accustomed to the new surroundings.

I could do without the heavy 'music' beforehand.

It's no wonder there's little singing during the match when people cannot work up before kick-off.

I could do without the heavy 'music' beforehand.

It's no wonder there's little singing during the match when people cannot work up before kick-off.
Yes, that annoyed me when I went to Wembley last season for CL and the Europa League. The sound from the PA system was painfully loud. Why can't they just let people sit there in peace and quiet before the game? No need to play loud music for an eternity before the game starts. I'm getting old perhaps, but suffering from tinnitus already, it's not ideal for me. If you go to a concert you expect it, but I don't want it at a football match. If people arrive early, let them sit there and have a conversation or read their programme in peace.

wembley put flags out for everything, they always have them for the NFL too

I have a couple of flags lying around that I picked up at an NFL International Series game but don't recall there being any flags on the seats when I went to Wembley for our CL and EL games last season.

Back