• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

Excellent detective work.

What I would say is though. As they play matches on consecutive days for the FAC Semi-finals, I think we could still play at home on either of the 2 April dates and the LC Final weekend too..unless of course we are in it

Yes, you're right that wembley could cope with two games in 2 days but doubt Sky/BT will be happy to be dictated to when they televise us, especially as its a big game - Sunday 4pm is the peak slot so may just be easier to schedule us away on those days. That said, if those are post european midweeks and we're in Europa league guess we'd have to play Monday!

Initial 2017-18 fixture list is out on 14 June however, for those of you trying to plan ahead we're almost certain to have away games on:
23/24 Sept and 30 Sept/1 Oct as these are NFL Wembley fixtures. Also weekends of 26/27 Feb (League Cup Final), 7/8 April (FL Trophy final) and 14/15 April (FA Cup SF) will also be away fixtures.

Adding to that, the Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Final is on Saturday 26 August, so that weekend must surely also be an away match.

http://www.wembleystadium.com/Event...lenge-Cup-Final/Ladbrokes-Challenge-Cup-Final

Koscielny sent off and Gabriel injured for Arsenal today. Hope we haven't angered the football gods too much with the terrible OMTs this season.

W

Which suggests by that time of the season we could find ourselves playing on some badly cut-up pitches - especially if there has been prolonged / heavy rain.

I know the pitch has been relaid since that disastrous SF against Pompey in 2010 when Michael Dawson critically lost his footing on a scandalous surface to concede the first of Portsmouth's two goals, but this will be the first season ever that Wembley has hosted regular Premiership / Champions League football on top of all the other events that have to be shoehorned in around that time so the pitch will inevitably be put to the test.

As that SF proved, a poor playing surface can be a real leveller and give rise to unpredictable outcomes. We can but hope it does not come down to that.

The pitch has more than been relaid since that semi final, it's a completely different type of pitch.

They used to grow the turf elsewhere and bring it in on palettes. Now it's a Desso pitch with a mesh stitched through the entire pitch, 5% of the 'grass' is plastic and the rest grown in situ. It would look terrible, but play perfectly well with no grass.

Since installing that type of pitch, the only year there was a problem with the pitch (I think 2014) was when they messed up the post-concert refurbishment and buried the fibres that provided the stability.

Assuming that mistake isn't made again, then our season will be fine. The number of games might mean it doesn't look perfect but a properly installed Desso pitch can't actually 'cut up'.

I know that a lot has been made about the size of the pitch at Wembley but both Leicester's and Hull's pitch are the same length as Wembley and just a metre narrower and were able to score 13 goals in 4 days. If we turn it on the we can teams will dread coming to Wembley

I know that a lot has been made about the size of the pitch at Wembley but both Leicester's and Hull's pitch are the same length as Wembley and just a metre narrower and were able to score 13 goals in 4 days. If we turn it on the we can teams will dread coming to Wembley

Good spot

I think we will be fine at Wembley. it's our home for a whole season, there will be no switching from WHL to Wembley, we will simply get used to playing continuously on that pitch and in that stadium.

The Wembley pitch size is pretty normal. We play on almost that size of pitch more than we play on WHL's smaller pitch. We just need to mow it shorter and sprinkle it with custard and bingo bango gol gol gol

Wembley pitch size is 105m by 69m.
Hull's pitch today was 114m by 74m

That's a fair bit bigger looking at surface area and yet, playing our second game in four days at the end of a season, we didn't look too troubled either in terms of style or stamina (the opposition may have helped a bit)

That's a fair bit bigger looking at surface area and yet, playing our second game in four days at the end of a season, we didn't look too troubled either in terms of style or stamina (the opposition may have helped a bit)

All we need now is to play Hull every week ;)

I think Hull need to make their pitch smaller.

I said this a month ago

We conceded 10 goals from 11 shots on target in our Wembley games that we haven't win this season

That's almost a 100% success rate

We do not and will not play teams of that calibre in the league and we will not be playing every game as a cup game

That bigger pitch can suit us better too

I stand corrected

There is 114x74 meters of GRASS at Hull, but the pitch is standard 105x68

Back