• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

you guessed right, its a joke getting in and out of wembley in the car. Parking is a problem, they want people to use public transport so they make it difficult

There isn't anywhere to park round there regardless of public transport

It's a horrible location with bottle necks everywhere

It's why I was a fan of the idea of building a national stadium in Coventry as was talked about at one point as it had so many motorways close by and was a very cheap option in comparison

i take it you have never tried to get out of the Ricoh after a concert.
I doubt there is any major stadium in the world where a large crowd can drive away quickly.The trick at wembley is not to park in the official car parks and if you do leave as quickly as possible.WHL with 60k will be fun as well.

i take it you have never tried to get out of the Ricoh after a concert.
I doubt there is any major stadium in the world where a large crowd can drive away quickly.The trick at wembley is not to park in the official car parks and if you do leave as quickly as possible.WHL with 60k will be fun as well.

Yeah I have actually

It was fine

I parked half a mile away and IIRC it was a pre paid car park so we just drive out

I worked on the Ricoh project for laings and we could have made it an 80000 seater for an extra £100m

The plans were there to sort out additional car parking too

What was missing was a train station

So where do you park at WHL?
Got caught out recently because they've just extended the matchday Controlled Parking Zone along WHL.

Parked my car on a single yellow line on a Sunday only to find it had been towed away when I go back from the Bournemouth match. Was where I always park for evening/Sunday games so I had no reason to look out for a new CPZ sign. There were no warnings around where I parked, no bollards, nothing, it was a total shock when I got back to where my car should have been.

Cost me £200 to retrieve vehicle plus £65.00 fine plus c£10,00 Uber fee to get to the compound, total £275.00

getting sick of the tired old line that Wembley is going to haunt us next season. So im going to say this. IT will do the opposite. The larger scale of fans, the stadium and the annoying press will inspire the team to push even harder. We make the place our own early on and go from strength to strength.

getting sick of the tired old line that Wembley is going to haunt us next season. So im going to say this. IT will do the opposite. The larger scale of fans, the stadium and the annoying press will inspire the team to push even harder. We make the place our own early on and go from strength to strength.
Dominating Chelsea in the semi gave me great belief that we'll be ok.

The only problem is we have set the bar so high with our home form this season . We have only dropped 4 pts all season. So even a couple more draws and two losses (not too shabby) would see us 10 pts further down.

I suppose there is potential increase in away pts to balance it up a bit.

Dominating Chelsea in the semi gave me great belief that we'll be ok.

The only problem is we have set the bar so high with our home form this season . We have only dropped 4 pts all season. So even a couple more draws and two losses (not too shabby) would see us 10 pts further down.

I suppose there is potential increase in away pts to balance it up a bit.
And we're doing that now

The away stats get screwed by some shocking draw and our only defeats

Flip side of everyone wanting to play at Wembley is it should help attract players.

No reason we can't use this to our advantage

I agree, all i have heard from some fans is that the pitch is too big, we have a bad record there, other teams will be lifted by playing there, its harder to get there, the prices are shocking etc,etc it looks like some are already making excuses before we even get there.

I agree, all i have heard from some fans is that the pitch is too big, we have a bad record there, other teams will be lifted by playing there, its harder to get there, the prices are shocking etc,etc it looks like some are already making excuses before we even get there.

I think it's fair to say that other teams - some at least - will raise their game because they are playing at Wembley.
However it is equally possible that those same teams risk playing the "occasion", whilst we will be in our stride after a few games (and pre-season training sessions there) and will just be playing our game.

I'm not worried about Wembley but everyone else I speak with (fans of other teams) seem extraordinarily worried about the effect it will have on us next year. I think that is wishful thinking on their part!

Exactly. If teams want to come and play "Wembley" so to speak, maybe they wont sit back so much. May make us able to open them up even more. And we see enough teams crush themselves under the pressure of a big stage in many events. So teams could feel the pressure more, or players at least.

Our record is skewed there as well by the fact that its Semi-Finals ( where you normally play one of the Sky4 ) and the fact we lost to Monaco ( lige 1 champs and semi-finalists ) and Leverkusen where we were unlucky.

Other teams will raise their game but then. So will we. And yes potential signings now have that as a carrot, Wembley then the immense New White Hart Lane.

Initial 2017-18 fixture list is out on 14 June however, for those of you trying to plan ahead we're almost certain to have away games on:
23/24 Sept and 30 Sept/1 Oct as these are NFL Wembley fixtures. Also weekends of 26/27 Feb (League Cup Final), 7/8 April (FL Trophy final) and 14/15 April (FA Cup SF) will also be away fixtures.

Initial 2017-18 fixture list is out on 14 June however, for those of you trying to plan ahead we're almost certain to have away games on:
23/24 Sept and 30 Sept/1 Oct as these are NFL Wembley fixtures. Also weekends of 26/27 Feb (League Cup Final), 7/8 April (FL Trophy final) and 14/15 April (FA Cup SF) will also be away fixtures.

Excellent detective work.

What I would say is though. As they play matches on consecutive days for the FAC Semi-finals, I think we could still play at home on either of the 2 April dates and the LC Final weekend too..unless of course we are in it

W
Excellent detective work.

What I would say is though. As they play matches on consecutive days for the FAC Semi-finals, I think we could still play at home on either of the 2 April dates and the LC Final weekend too..unless of course we are in it
Which suggests by that time of the season we could find ourselves playing on some badly cut-up pitches - especially if there has been prolonged / heavy rain.

I know the pitch has been relaid since that disastrous SF against Pompey in 2010 when Michael Dawson critically lost his footing on a scandalous surface to concede the first of Portsmouth's two goals, but this will be the first season ever that Wembley has hosted regular Premiership / Champions League football on top of all the other events that have to be shoehorned in around that time so the pitch will inevitably be put to the test.

As that SF proved, a poor playing surface can be a real leveller and give rise to unpredictable outcomes. We can but hope it does not come down to that.

Back