• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welbeck

Good old Spurs. Ooooooo our strikeforce is really going to put the sh#ts up the opposition. F#ck me if Defoe was considering returning to the UK I would have had him back in a heartbeat

We just have to not worry about actually trying to get 4th this year and aim for UEFA again. Our strike force is awful and not worthy of a top 5 finish really. Everton have a better one than us...... Sad times

We just have to not worry about actually trying to get 4th this year and aim for UEFA again. Our strike force is awful and not worthy of a top 5 finish really. Everton have a better one than us...... Sad times

Its not our CFs that concern me. Despite selling and signing a CM in this window, we still dont have a CM who is a good passer.

Everton are indeed looking stronger than us ... But don't you know we are putting all our sheckles in the piggy bank for our stadium

I suppose the theory is that in a 4231 you don't necessarily need the 1 to be a massive goalscorer, as the 3 need to weigh in with loads of goals each?

Or that Adebayor is our "top drawer striker" who needs to play a lot of the time and isn't going anywhere as he is quite happy, so we can't get Bony and then have 4231 with both Ade and Bony vying to play?

Hmmm... just thinking aloud about our thought process on this one.

As for the Goons, Welbeck is OK but is not better than what they have already, sometimes he strikes it hot, often he shanks it off his own face. He is not really the position they needed to sort out, i.e. main striker up top as a foil for others to play off.

Very disappointed we're not getting Welbeck. I think he fits our plans well, not so much the gooners. Same price as Balotelli.

I suppose the theory is that in a 4231 you don't necessarily need the 1 to be a massive goalscorer, as the 3 need to weigh in with loads of goals each?

Or that Adebayor is our "top drawer striker" who needs to play a lot of the time and isn't going anywhere as he is quite happy, so we can't get Bony and then have 4231 with both Ade and Bony vying to play?

Hmmm... just thinking aloud about our thought process on this one.

As for the Goons, Welbeck is OK but is not better than what they have already, sometimes he strikes it hot, often he shanks it off his own face. He is not really the position they needed to sort out, i.e. main striker up top as a foil for others to play off.

Maybe Poch told Levy who he wanted to keep and to give him the chance to work his wonders with who we already have with a view to one or two tweaks in January?

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he can make our current players better.

Maybe Poch told Levy who he wanted to keep and to give him the chance to work his wonders with who we already have with a view to one or two tweaks in January?

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he can make our current players better.

Wasn't one of his main objectives to make the most of our expensive squad of players?

Everton are indeed looking stronger than us ... But don't you know we are putting all our sheckles in the piggy bank for our stadium

Really.... They have 5 defenders, 7 midfielders and 3 forwards and have let in 10 goals in 3 games

United have signed every name available but haven't signed a decent defender yet

**** are addressing one issue but they still haven't signed a defensive midfielder where they looked really vulnerable yesterday

We have signed 6 (six) players that are could all bebetter than the ones there replacing, yet were writing ourselves off already

Really.... They have 5 defenders, 7 midfielders and 3 forwards and have let in 10 goals in 3 games

United have signed every name available but haven't signed a decent defender yet

**** are addressing one issue but they still haven't signed a defensive midfielder where they looked really vulnerable yesterday

We have signed 6 (six) players that are could all bebetter than the ones there replacing, yet were writing ourselves off already

Everton May have shipped a few but they have played the two scum clubs and both will probably ruin us too.

Where are we going to get goals from ? Lamela looks lightweight still .Eriksen will chip in a few but we are short IMO.

I'm so pleased. He is awful. Ade soldado is far far far better than Sanogo and welbeck. Welbeck would have been okay at best as a left wing forward. But striker - nope!

Some perspective at last!

2df2257d-17e7-452c-9c6f-259f635c7bd0_500.png

Back