• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Weird goals thread

Daisuk

Les Medley
What the hell is going on here.

First this one from Croatia from yesterday - does that first shot hit the post? Looks like it's going in!

Then this from Bundesliga 2 - a team gets a pen for shooting the ball at an opposing player who's warming up on the side of the pitch, who touches the ball inside the box before it's out of play, and it's a bloody pen! fudging weirdest thing I've seen for a long, long time.

Apparently the German one, that guy's a new signing who's never actually played for the club, but has still managed to give away a penalty and get booked.

First one must be post. Can't see what it would've hit had it gone in.

First this one from Croatia from yesterday - does that first shot hit the post? Looks like it's going in!

Then this from Bundesliga 2 - a team gets a pen for shooting the ball at an opposing player who's warming up on the side of the pitch, who touches the ball inside the box before it's out of play, and it's a bloody pen! fudging weirdest thing I've seen for a long, long time.

The first on hits the back of the net at the same time as the GK. This cases the net to tighten and throws the ball out, so it looks like the GK punched it out, or hit the post. It's not close to the post, as the GK throws himself in the middle of the goal to save it.
Even the GK resigns, and thinks the goal is given. Refs the only one who didn't see it.

The first on hits the back of the net at the same time as the GK. This cases the net to tighten and throws the ball out, so it looks like the GK punched it out, or hit the post. It's not close to the post, as the GK throws himself in the middle of the goal to save it.
Even the GK resigns, and thinks the goal is given. Refs the only one who didn't see it.

That's what I thought at first too, but having read around online, it seems as though the consensus is the ball hit the post. If you look at the speed of the ball it's not really travelling fast enough to hit the back of the net at the moment it bounces out. Hard to tell from those clips though.

The response of the players nearest backs up that it hit the post.

It’s a great example of playing to the whistle too.

Looks normal to me - the keeper gets a touch on it as he flies through the air, deflecting it onto the post. Crazy that the players thought it was in... it hit the post.

I’ve just had an update that apparently the VAR review and decision will be completed by this coming Friday. Good times.

Back