• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wan-Bissaka

We’re not gonna sign anyone unless we accept how the market is.
True, by the same token we should get an inflated fees for some of our outgoings too, we’ve certainly embraced that inflation dare I say contributed to it when it comes to player sales. Carrick, Bernstein, Keane, Modders and Bale were all relatively big fees at the time...that doesn’t even include the 15m we rinsed Stoke for for Wimmer!

Edit forgot Walker and was sure Modric was £40m
0367721D-94DE-412B-955E-2BCD852FC5ED.jpeg

True, by the same token we should get an inflated fees for some of our outgoings too, we’ve certainly embraced that inflation dare I say contributed to it when it comes to player sales. Carrick, Bernstein, Keane, Modders and Bale were all relatively big fees at the time...that doesn’t even include the 15m we rinsed Stoke for for Wimmer!

Edit forgot Walker and was sure Modric was £40m
View attachment 6826
Wimmer. Ha ha ha

Palace have had their pants pulled down it seems by a desperate United

£45m + £5m in add on’s and they failed to get rid of Zaha’s 25% sell on clause too which was rumoured at one stage

Time will tell. £50m could look a bargain in a couple of years, or it could look like a crazy bad deal for Utd...

I think Wan Bissaka is a quality player, but its fair to say its that early in his career it really could go either way.

And he isnt moving to a club like ours where he will be nurtured, hes going to a club in massive disarray with unrealistic expectations...

Palace have had their pants pulled down it seems by a desperate United

£45m + £5m in add on’s and they failed to get rid of Zaha’s 25% sell on clause too which was rumoured at one stage

I wouldnt be shocked if they knocked down the sell on part of the way.

Time will tell. £50m could look a bargain in a couple of years, or it could look like a crazy bad deal for Utd...

I think Wan Bissaka is a quality player, but its fair to say its that early in his career it really could go either way.

And he isnt moving to a club like ours where he will be nurtured, hes going to a club in massive disarray with unrealistic expectations...

The pressure will be massive on him and he'll be expected to perform to a high level week in week out, good luck to the guy. Will he fall out of favour 6 months into the season when the manager inevitably gets sacked?

The pressure will be massive on him and he'll be expected to perform to a high level week in week out, good luck to the guy. Will he fall out of favour 6 months into the season when the manager inevitably gets sacked?

Thats the risk, isnt it.

He is moving at a time in his career when he needs stability and nurturing.

And he is moving to a club that is in need of a total rebuild, is going to have a massive turnover of players, change system and basically be a mess for a while yet.

And he is moving to club going through that under an inexperienced manager whom many feel isnt up to the job (time will tell, but Im inclined to agree with them)

It just doesnt seem like a good move at all to me, from his perspective.

Thats the risk, isnt it.

He is moving at a time in his career when he needs stability and nurturing.

And he is moving to a club that is in need of a total rebuild, is going to have a massive turnover of players, change system and basically be a mess for a while yet.

And he is moving to club going through that under an inexperienced manager whom many feel isnt up to the job (time will tell, but Im inclined to agree with them)

It just doesnt seem like a good move at all to me, from his perspective.
My sentiments exactly. I guess he assumed if / when Solsjkaer gets fired they will get an elite manager in and in the interim he will likely be first choice for a top 6 club.

Allegedly he has gone from £10k a week to £80-90k a week (before bonuses Im sure).

Its entirely possible he didnt even look so far ahead as to who will replace Solskjaer...

Back