• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

He did well when he came on, lets not forget the kid is only 22 years of age and still is adjusting to the English game. I hope he starts against Burnley and still believe he will become a good player for us.
Agreed.
Except i wouldn't start him V Burnley. If it doesn't quite go right then that could knock him back a bit.
Twenty minute cameo would be ideal.

Agreed.
Except i wouldn't start him V Burnley. If it doesn't quite go right then that could knock him back a bit.

This, give Son the nod (he still has some credit from his hatrick), get Janssen on with 20-25 mins to go (Still worried he's not quite match fit and he does end up in the wars physically with defenders).

Agreed.

Good point, however i think it will be a battle with their CB's and i do not see Son winning that battle, Janssen has the strength and power to play that type of game. I guess we will see what Poch thinks.

someone posted the stats on his total league minutes the other day, worked out at an equivalent of around 7 games I think

how did Kane do in his first 7 PL games...

If you want to go down that road Janssen has played 623 Premier league minutes.

Kane played 38 Premier League before Sherwood started him against Sunderland.
Kane scored 59 minutes into that game. That's 98 minutes it took for him to score in the Premier League for us.
Kane ended up with 4 goals from his first 623 Premier league minutes for us.
That's 155 minutes per goals. Ibrahimovic has 150 minutes per goals in the league this season.
That's how good Kane's start for us was.

Janssen is nowhere near that.

If you want to go down that road Janssen has played 623 Premier league minutes.

Kane played 38 Premier League before Sherwood started him against Sunderland.
Kane scored 59 minutes into that game. That's 98 minutes it took for him to score in the Premier League for us.
Kane ended up with 4 goals from his first 623 Premier league minutes for us.
That's 155 minutes per goals. Ibrahimovic has 150 minutes per goals in the league this season.
That's how good Kane's start for us was.

Janssen is nowhere near that.

ok, I didn't realise Kane was so prolific, in my mind he was around for years before he started banging them in

do those stats include the PL games he played for Norwich by the way?

now I have stats i'm sure I could find some very good PL players who didn't set the world on fire in their first 623 minutes, Bergkamp immeadiately springs to mind, Forlan is another, Henry, Drogba, Crouch as well, which is point I was trying (evidently badly) to make

Janssen is a kid making a huge step up, it's too early to draw conclusions

I strongly reccomend people watch some footage of him in Holland

Over there he did not excel at what he has for us (hold up play) and that's probably because it wasn't needed as much but it certainly wasn't a big part of his game

He was a proper fox in the box style striker scoring all sorts in and around the area... mainly with a couple of touches like the strike on Sunday. He also plays like that for Holland

He is making a significant step up but hasn't complained once and I guarantee is learning all the time. This is a guy from a true sporting family and one who has had some knocks too so he has the attitude to succeed (something I'm not convinced the other dutch league failures had)

I strongly reccomend people watch some footage of him in Holland

Over there he did not excel at what he has for us (hold up play) and that's probably because it wasn't needed as much but it certainly wasn't a big part of his game

He was a proper fox in the box style striker scoring all sorts in and around the area... mainly with a couple of touches like the strike on Sunday. He also plays like that for Holland

He is making a significant step up but hasn't complained once and I guarantee is learning all the time. This is a guy from a true sporting family and one who has had some knocks too so he has the attitude to succeed (something I'm not convinced the other dutch league failures had)

Good post. Vincent was sensational for AZ in the second half of the season.

Good point, however i think it will be a battle with their CB's and i do not see Son winning that battle, Janssen has the strength and power to play that type of game. I guess we will see what Poch thinks.
That is interesting, i see it tactically the opposite - it will only be a battle if we engage in one. But with son, all, Eriksen, we do so much damage 30-20 yards out we can run them ragged, leaving their CBs with a choice to make - stay put and let us play or come out, leaving Space in behind.
Then engage them later in the game as they try and push forward, thus pinning them back.

That is interesting, i see it tactically the opposite - it will only be a battle if we engage in one. But with son, all, Eriksen, we do so much damage 30-20 yards out we can run them ragged, leaving their CBs with a choice to make - stay put and let us play or come out, leaving Space in behind.
Then engage them later in the game as they try and push forward, thus pinning them back.

Well you may be right i guess we will find out, Burnley have always been a scrap for us ( see my earlier posts about our record up there) i like Son but i fear he will get knocked about and think Janssen will be better at handling the physical battle.

At the end of the day it will be Poch who will know what's best i guess, either way its a game we need to win lets hope we do.

True. I expect Son, Erikson and Alli to be far more dynamic. Burnley CBs will only be a problem if we decide to play their game. That said I am sure they are looking forward to bruise us.

True, if we hoist the ball into the biting wind and driving sleet of Turf Moor, eleventeen Burnley skulls will crash the ball away and regroup for the next.
If we do a little bit of scampering, a bit of the old one two, ducking and diving, Ricky Villa, David Silva, Jinky Johnson on the deck, still Ricky Villa, Agueerrrrrooooooooo OOOO OOOO OOOOOOOOOH MFFF MMFFFF MFFF urrrrr

Tottenham Hotspur striker Vincent Janssen is sick and has been left out of the Netherlands squad travelling to Bulgaria for a World Cup qualifier.

Coach Danny Blind has not called up a replacement for Janssen. Blind is leaving on Friday for Sofia with a 24-player squad for Saturday's match.

The Netherlands is second in Europe's Group A, behind France and level on points with Sweden. Only the top team automatically qualifies for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

True. I expect Son, Erikson and Alli to be far more dynamic. Burnley CBs will only be a problem if we decide to play their game. That said I am sure they are looking forward to bruise us.

Where do you get the idea that Michael Keane and Ben Mee are particularly dirty? Because Burnley aren't exactly a glamourous team.
Dier is probably dirtier than both of them put together.

That would make us the ONLY side ever in the history of world football to have done that. We are a laughing stock again, a joke Mickey Mouse Club, Levy Out, Poch Out. It makes my blood boil the small-time way this club is run. No ambition, no vision. Incompetent, haphazard, slap-dash. Like a blind drunk virgin fumbling with an incontinent Granny hooker in a dark, dank cupboard.

That would make us the ONLY side ever in the history of world football to have done that. We are a laughing stock again, a joke Mickey Mouse Club, Levy Out, Poch Out. It makes my blood boil the small-time way this club is run. No ambition, no vision. Incompetent, haphazard, slap-dash. Like a blind drunk virgin fumbling with an incontinent Granny hooker in a dark, dank cupboard.

We are 2cnd in the Premiership, in the semi finals of the FA cup, have a fantastic training ground and are currently building a world class stadium.
Our squad has players that other clubs would give their eye teeth for.
This has been achieved without the finances of our main rivals.
Laughing stock? Levy out? Poch out? are you serious?

Back