• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Our Fulham supporting friend meant to get us tickets for today's game in the mixed zone, however somehow manged to completely balls it up and got us tickets with the home fans in the opposite corner instead.
We were sat very close to where the subs were warming up and towards the end Poch calls for Janssen who eagerly turns around, Poch then asks him to get Onomah (who was further down the touchline) as he was the one going on. Awkward... felt for the guy, despite it being quite amusing!

Our Fulham supporting friend meant to get us tickets for today's game in the mixed zone, however somehow manged to completely balls it up and got us tickets with the home fans in the opposite corner instead.
We were sat very close to where the subs were warming up and towards the end Poch calls for Janssen who eagerly turns around, Poch then asks him to get Onomah (who was further down the touchline) as he was the one going on. Awkward... felt for the guy, despite it being quite amusing!

Haha, brutal.

Unnecessarily cruel imo.

I think one of the issues is that, if you swapped the experience of Kane and Janssen, it is quite feasible to argue that Kane could have come on for the same amount of minutes as Janssen this season and not scored either - especially given that Kane has looked out of sorts in games even when we --and he --knows from experience that he is perfectly capable of being one of the top strikers in the division, confidence that Janssen isn't yet able to draw upon.

So I find it difficult to understand why Janssen wouldn't get a run out today - unless something else is going on.

He's third choice striker behind Kane and Son. He did well to make the bench.

Why are people obsessed with his progress? Because he's a striker?
No one is wondering why Wimmer didnt get a run out or why N'Koudou wasn't even on the bench.
Janssen has had more minutes this season than N'Koudou and Wimmer put together.
Janssen has even been subbed on in our last 3 league games to absolute no effect.

And we beat Fulham today by exploiting their way too high line and running in behind. Janssen wasn't even suited to this game.

I'd understand if he was a talent like Marcus Edwards but there is nothing exciting about Janssen.

The ONLY reason we bought Janssen (listen to the scout7 podcast where former head of Recruitment Rod MacKensie talks about the Janssen signing) was we needed someone who could deal with sitting on the bench and not get much time on the pitch.

MacKensie again here http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-scouting-the-challenge-of-buying-from-abroad

"More recently, I would argue that Vincent Janssen's personality, robustness and his ability to deal with the challenges that he had faced in his career were as important, if not more important, than his goalscoring record in the Eredivisie. As a youngster who had been released by Feyenoord he demonstrated the mental resilience to overcome that disappointment by experiencing a continual increment in game time, level of competition and output across a three-year spell, which culminated in him becoming the starting striker for the Netherlands."
Logic dictates that this was the case. Fans bang on about why didn't we go for this striker or that BUT the one thing the new man was going to have to be good at was sitting on the bench.

Hardly a sales pitch....and by definition limits your market. (And perhaps even why dembele ended up at celtic?)

Maybe he is working hard behind the scenes with the coaches and today Poch wanted to keep son on and he is out second choice striker

Jansenn is in his second season as a pro and as such may need more coaching to get him where we want him

Why throw him to the lions of the British press when he isn't needed

He's third choice striker behind Kane and Son. He did well to make the bench.

Why are people obsessed with his progress? Because he's a striker?
No one is wondering why Wimmer didnt get a run out or why N'Koudou wasn't even on the bench.
Janssen has had more minutes this season than N'Koudou and Wimmer put together.
Janssen has even been subbed on in our last 3 league games to absolute no effect.

And we beat Fulham today by exploiting their way too high line and running in behind. Janssen wasn't even suited to this game.

I'd understand if he was a talent like Marcus Edwards but there is nothing exciting about Janssen.

I think both Wimmer and NKd should get more minutes too. And it is more that at 3-0 up it is was a good and rare opportunity to give Janssen some game time.
As for the suitability of the game - I would argue we spent a lot more time in Fulham's box today than we usually do against other teams - and there were plenty of chances after Sissoko came on - so it would have been a decent opportunity. I can't imagine Kane is much quicker than Janssen. Anyway it didn't happen so I guess Janssen will have to wait - it will be interesting to see whether he stays or leaves in the summer.

Maybe he is working hard behind the scenes with the coaches and today Poch wanted to keep son on and he is out second choice striker

Jansenn is in his second season as a pro and as such may need more coaching to get him where we want him

Why throw him to the lions of the British press when he isn't needed

Did you see Poch's press conference on Friday??

No
I work so don't get to watch them

Poch basically said that Jannsen, 'wasn't showing enough in training". Which is 'Poch speak' for he needs to work harder. The press keep asking abut Jannsen because they smell blood, a story about a 18 millin quid dud excites them. I hope he shoves it up em with a ton of goals but I don't see much so far.

When he next gets a chance to play and a chance to score, he needs to take it. If he starts scoring, he's doing his job. If not, then he will be sold.

As Harry shows, the number 9 in our team needs to, first and foremost, put the ball in the net with some consistency.

Ouch.

Poch basically said that Jannsen, 'wasn't showing enough in training". Which is 'Poch speak' for he needs to work harder. The press keep asking abut Jannsen because they smell blood, a story about a 18 millin quid dud excites them. I hope he shoves it up em with a ton of goals but I don't see much so far.
I've not seen it either, will try and find unless som kind person has the link to hand.

Vincent Janssen: Give me 12 months to succeed at Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham Hotspur striker Vincent Janssen has asked his critics to judge him after one year at White Hart Lane.

Janssen, 22, joined Tottenham from AZ Alkmaar last summer having scored 27 goals in 34 Eredivisie games in his first season for the Dutch club.

The Netherlands international has failed to match that form this term, having managed only four goals from 27 appearances and with none coming from open play, but he says people should not criticise him just yet.

"I have given myself 12 months to succeed in the Premier League with Tottenham and those 12 months are not over yet," he is quoted by Yahoo as telling De Telegraaf. "The level is really high here. Up until last week we were second in the league.

"Don't forget I had only played one season at the highest level in Holland when Spurs bought me from AZ Alkmaar. In a short period of time I have made some big steps forward in my career.

"I'm not going to throw the towel in just because things are not going great for the first time in my career. I am jumping to put the Spurs shirt on, but I will have to prove to the coach that I deserve to play."

Janssen revealed he turned down a January move to Galatasaray as he wanted to prove himself at Tottenham instead.

"When my agent turned up with Galatasaray I told him that he had to cut off the whole thing," he said. "No way I am leaving Spurs in less than one year."

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/tottenham-h...sen-give-me-12-months-to-succeed-at-tottenham

Not looking likely he is going to get too many more chances.

It's not the first time Poch has openly criticised one of his players - Sissoko has shown it's possible to survive a public humiliation by him - but to stand any chance Janssen desperately needs to start scoring, and from open play at that, pretty much the next time he gets onto the pitch. His problem is he is clearly out of favour so unless we have a terrible run of injuries combined with fixture congestion he's unlikely to get more than the odd few minutes.
I can't help liking this guy and wishing that he succeeds. Unfortunately it appears that he is not quite good enough. He probably came to Spurs too early in his career having only played one senior season. The Premier League is very unforgiving.

I can't help liking this guy and wishing that he succeeds. Unfortunately it appears that he is not quite good enough. He probably came to Spurs too early in his career having only played one senior season. The Premier League is very unforgiving.

I only knew of this today. I'm shocked that we spent so much on such an in-experienced player.

Am I right in saying if Poch gives you a public talking down, you're still in his thoughts but he's challenging you? It seems like if you're not in his plans at all, he says something along the lines of 'there's no problem between us..etc.'.
I.e., it's much worse if he's saying nothing (confrontational) about you, rather than having a dig?

Which todays prices and his age in mind, he was cheap.

Ive said it before but he is not dissimilar to Batshuayi

Roughly same age, same height and build

Both have had one scene season in a relatively poor league and transferred for big money

The difference is that Batshuayi is in his 7th season as a pro and cost almost double what Jansenn did.

Back