• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

I've been giving this some thought and one thing that is apparent with him is that he takes too long/one extra touch to shoot, so I think alot of those shots are blocked at close range.
He likes to get the ball in a position to shoot rather than being able and/or confident enough to shoot from where the ball is.
Kane is exceptional at being able to shoot from wherever the ball is - hopefully Jansen can learn from that

Sent from my Nexus 5X using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think that's very common for players new to the PL, you get less time on the ball than in many other leagues

Not sure if I see a way back for him at this point even if it has only been half a season. Can't even get in the squad for league games and gets hauled off after only an hour against lower league opposition.

Just doesn't look like scoring in a month of Sundays. How did he get his goals when he played in Holland? Can't imagine it was by the same style of play he's used for us this season and I highly doubt Poch is telling him stray wide/deep. As many pundits have pointed out, he needs to get in the box and just worry about scoring goals, let the other players do the donkey work. Not saying he shouldn't still work hard but as long as it doesn't detract from him attacking the 6 yard box and putting himself into goal scoring positions.

Not sure if I see a way back for him at this point even if it has only been half a season. Can't even get in the squad for league games and gets hauled off after only an hour against lower league opposition.

Just doesn't look like scoring in a month of Sundays. How did he get his goals when he played in Holland? Can't imagine it was by the same style of play he's used for us this season and I highly doubt Poch is telling him stray wide/deep. As many pundits have pointed out, he needs to get in the box and just worry about scoring goals, let the other players do the donkey work. Not saying he shouldn't still work hard but as long as it doesn't detract from him attacking the 6 yard box and putting himself into goal scoring positions.

If we are trying to keep continuity would poch not tell him to that? After all Harry does it and it opens up gaps.

If we are trying to keep continuity would poch not tell him to that? After all Harry does it and it opens up gaps.

At times yeah but he needs to worry about scoring goals above all else given his lack of goals. Poch seems to sub him every game regardless of how well his hold up and link play has been. Kane does drop deep but he also gets in the box and gets on the end of chances, even if he doesn't put all of them away.

From what I have seen SO FAR, Janssen doesn't have the intelligence to lose a defender in the box or get between defenders despite his excellent hold up play and solid work rate.

Form what I've saw of him he played like a true number 9 in holland - more like Defoe an played right up top

I didn't see much hold up play but it's not how they play there

Seeing him do it here was a shock but he is only in his second year as a proper pro and is adding to his game

He was signed for his attitude too and the worrying thing for me is that even that is being tested to a point now

At times yeah but he needs to worry about scoring goals above all else given his lack of goals. Poch seems to sub him every game regardless of how well his hold up and link play has been. Kane does drop deep but he also gets in the box and gets on the end of chances, even if he doesn't put all of them away.

From what I have seen SO FAR, Janssen doesn't have the intelligence to lose a defender in the box or get between defenders despite his excellent hold up play and solid work rate.
If he want following orders I don't think he would get a game. Poch doesn't take any crap.
All speculation of course because poch doesn't tell everything:)

Well we wouldn't expect him to play in front of Harry in the league would we?

No but given that he is one of only two strikers in our squad, to not even feature in the squad for two league games in a row considering injuries are not a factor is a worry for me. Son of course can cover but he's hardly on fire at the moment either.

No but given that he is one of only two strikers in our squad, to not even feature in the squad for two league games in a row considering injuries are not a factor is a worry for me. Son of course can cover but he's hardly on fire at the moment either.
Is a bit strange, he does seem to drop in and out of the match day squad.
Ultimately I trust poch enough that if he is picking him he can do a job. If he doesn't he won't be here long.

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/sport/foot...eriod_but_insists_i_m_not_concerned_1_4847255

I've read this article a couple of times. Poch says he is not worried about Janssen, that maybe he got thrown in too soon with Kane being injured, that he's a kid, coming to a new league, needs to adapt etc. He needs love and help.
All encouraging words. But Poch also talks about Janssen having to work harder, get fitter, show some motivation, prove we were right to sign him. Again nothing overtly worrying and he may just be referring to what he needs to do to get his confidence back, but there's an undercurrent in my re-reading of it) that Poch may be more concerned than he is letting on.
Hopefully it's just me making 5 out of 2 + 2.

Back