• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

I have a lot of sympathy for Janssen. Things are obviously not going very well and it's hard to see what talent there is there, but I think we were saying similar things about Kane when he first started to play for the team under Sherwood.

With Poch, I am sure that he will be treated in the right way for the club. If Poch doesn't think he has it in him, then we will get rid of him quickly, but if we keep him it will be because Poch thinks he can turn it around like he has done with a number of players in our squad. Either way, I don't think that we as fans should be making any rash judgments and should support the guy when he is on the pitch and not insult him which I think in the main is happening.

There were one or two moments early on in his time here when I remember him getting involved in some deadly link-up with Eriksen in the box, the sort of move that showcased what his famous hold-up strengths should be capable of producing. It all revolved around his releasing the ball at the right time, though, and he hardly ever seems to do that now; just holds on to it and holds on to it until he gets crowded by defenders, usually ending up on his arse with the ball squeezed out and possession turned over. It is all a bit rabbit-in-the-headlights, and personally, I think what he will need to get past it is regular playing time.

but probably wont be happy being on the bench

I think he'd be happy to come here as 2nd/3rd choice

right..i agree with that.

Its the denial that he has an issue that i wont surrender to

Just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting it wasn't an issue yesterday, I was just highlighting that it's not too uncommon behaviour for a CF who is on a drought and not getting service - they go looking for the ball and to get involved (as Kane did when on a drought) and I agree that he needs to 'relax' and focus more on taking up the right positions.

but probably wont be happy being on the bench

I can see him ending up at West Ham this window, looks like they are offering over-the-odds money at varying strikers. Can see them offering £10m for Berahino, will which be enough to secure him.
Right now he isnt worth that for me. I would go to £5m and no more

I can see him ending up at West Ham this window, looks like they are offering over-the-odds money at varying strikers. Can see them offering £10m for Berahino, will which be enough to secure him.
Right now he isnt worth that for me. I would go to £5m and no more

Berahino is still the same striker that was, is , lethal in the final third movement and finishing..i think they would rather let him rot than let him go for 5 million. :)

Berahino is still the same striker that was, is , lethal in the final third movement and finishing..i think they would rather let him rot than let him go for 5 million. :)

Oh agree, thats why we wont get him. DL wont go to £10m, but I can see certainly see West ham offering that, or possibly, if Palace offload Benteke( which is doing the rounds at present), possibly they could make an offer in that region.
I believe Berahino can leave for free in summer so Peace cant afford to risk playing hardball and ask too much...or is he that bothered anymore?

I was at the game against Villa and I must admit, I felt sorry for him coming off at 60 mins. VJ is a good player but tbh I'm not sure he's what we're looking for. We are a very attacking side and Jannssen just doesn't seem to be giving us the goals we need. He holds the ball up well, but he's no Kane or Alli.

I was at the game against Villa and I must admit, I felt sorry for him coming off at 60 mins. VJ is a good player but tbh I'm not sure he's what we're looking for. We are a very attacking side and Jannssen just doesn't seem to be giving us the goals we need. He holds the ball up well, but he's no Kane or Alli.

HI Molly....welcome aboard. Glad to have you join us :)

here's a visual version:
11jltl5.png
Well it's hard to argue with that worst in the league 33-shots-0-goals stat
Janssen is a striker, he needs to score.

i called this clown out on page 18 of this thread back in september, i'm no scout but he failed the eyeball test, sorry apologists, he's cr@p, he's championship level at best

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I'd love to see a compilation of those shots as I think he's actually been very shot shy. But guess I'm wrong.

Same here, i have seen every game he has played in and i am struggling to see where the 33 shots come from. I guess i must go to the loo more times then i thought. :confused:

I've been giving this some thought and one thing that is apparent with him is that he takes too long/one extra touch to shoot, so I think alot of those shots are blocked at close range.
He likes to get the ball in a position to shoot rather than being able and/or confident enough to shoot from where the ball is.
Kane is exceptional at being able to shoot from wherever the ball is - hopefully Jansen can learn from that

Sent from my Nexus 5X using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back