• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

I think he has all the raw tools to succeed in the premier league. He's strong, holds it up, gets into good positions, can finish.

What he won't do is tear away with one of our counters and be there to finish off a charge from Son, Lamela, Alli or Eriksen.

So we'll need to change the way we play, which probably explains Poch's reluctance to use both he and Llorente.

But I think given the chance he could do good things, if we set him up for success.
Maybe Poch has seen enough of Llorente to accept that we just aren’t good enough at adapting to the style of play that Llorente requires to get the best out of him. For me Jansen has more similar qualities to kane in terms of mobility, work rate, has a good long range shot on him (even though his scoring record was poor for us he hits a ball well from distance), and from what I saw his overall performances were ok it’s just his finishing that required improvement. Considering his previous club record and also was Holland’s number one striker before getting injured it’s not beyond the realms of possibility he can rediscover that touch again. However the only problem is getting game time, with a Son back and Kane due back in a month and only left league games and CL to play odds are he won’t get many minutes unless another injury crisis.....

There isn’t a “Poch is a secret genius and the whole Janssen thing has been man-management of dastardly cunning” way out of this one, and I’ll be amazed if this new detente pays off.

Last chance saloon for him. I think 99% of us would love to see him take his chance if he gets it. Would be great if he came off the bench and bagged the winner in his next match, especially if is against Leicester or even Dortmund..

This is not all about Poch surely. Janssen has to step up. I have not seen any thing from this guy to suggest he is anything other than mediocre and his attitude must be wrong for Poch to leave him out. This is more about Janssen than it is about Poch. He has far more to prove than Poch.

Poch said he needs to get fit and be competitive.
That sounds to me that he is quite a bit behind where he needs to be (granted he is just coming back from injury).

This is not all about Poch surely. Janssen has to step up. I have not seen any thing from this guy to suggest he is anything other than mediocre and his attitude must be wrong for Poch to leave him out. This is more about Janssen than it is about Poch. He has far more to prove than Poch.

He was a one of the ‘bargains too far’ imo.
These type of mishaps will happen when we shop in the bargain basement.

I wonder how his inclusion will sit with the rest of the first team? If there's an elitism and he's an outsider? hopefully not

He has come back into the squad at just the wrong time. With Kane being out the chance to shine is there, but with us now going back to one game a week for a while mostly the chances of now Llorente being rested and him playing with Son are pretty slim. I think the best he can hope for is a bench spot and then he comes on and does something.

All I wanted from Llorente was for him to be a pivot and occupy the defenders whilst being an option from crosses. I think Janssen can be a better pivot to play off, but he will need to be a bit of a goal threat at the same time. HE has hardly pulled up trees the whole time he has been away on loan.

He has come back into the squad at just the wrong time. With Kane being out the chance to shine is there, but with us now going back to one game a week for a while mostly the chances of now Llorente being rested and him playing with Son are pretty slim. I think the best he can hope for is a bench spot and then he comes on and does something.

All I wanted from Llorente was for him to be a pivot and occupy the defenders whilst being an option from crosses. I think Janssen can be a better pivot to play off, but he will need to be a bit of a goal threat at the same time. HE has hardly pulled up trees the whole time he has been away on loan.

Llorente and Son are a good makeshift pairing.
Janssen is leaving in the summer.

I wonder how his inclusion will sit with the rest of the first team? If there's an elitism and he's an outsider? hopefully not

If he's been seen to have suffered enough, he'll get a measure of acceptance. Up to him to build on that and grow his opportunity into game time.

I think he's been wanting to leave, but there are few clubs willing to take him at this time for anything close to what we'd be willing to accept.

Those that are probably aren't clubs he'd want to play for.

Back