• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Viduka had a pretty decent scoring record as I recall. If Janssen gets into double figures for us, I'll eat my hat.

Just can't see Janssen playing any matches for us this season. His confidence must be very low after being told he was not in our plans earlier. Not sure how to expect him to get himself motivated for us.

"That is my decision, that he's going to be involved with the first team from today and he's going to be like another player with the chances -- if he deserves it -- to be in the squad or to play.

"For different reasons -- but the principle reason was a sporting decision -- one year ago we decided to send him on loan [to Fenerbahce], and then in the last year he didn't play because he was injured."

Pochettino said Spurs had tried to find a solution to the situation with Janssen wanting to leave, and added: "Always, he behaved well. That is so important, that he was very respectful with everyone."

It doesn't sound like there was a bust up. Maybe the player and coaching staff mutually decided he needed a different club where he can play regularly - because that is what Janssen needs. Playing week in and out, he would find his touch and rhythm. For an unestablished player it is hard to feel confidfent in our highly skilled team. It's hard for Llorente to come in and he's experienced, over 30, won a world cup!

But I like it, the fans like it. Through serendipity, or our tight finances, we don't buy solutions. We make the most of what we have. It has the advantage that players settle, get to know the club, and Poch's emphasis on training and meritocracy offers every player hope. It can also make Poch look good as he turns around players fortunes. If Janssen can get his head down, perform on the training pitch, anything is possible. My concern with him is his temperment, he possiby needs encouragment and reassurance.

Last edited:
I think he has all the raw tools to succeed in the premier league. He's strong, holds it up, gets into good positions, can finish.

What he won't do is tear away with one of our counters and be there to finish off a charge from Son, Lamela, Alli or Eriksen.

So we'll need to change the way we play, which probably explains Poch's reluctance to use both he and Llorente.

But I think given the chance he could do good things, if we set him up for success.

"That is my decision, that he's going to be involved with the first team from today and he's going to be like another player with the chances -- if he deserves it -- to be in the squad or to play.

"For different reasons -- but the principle reason was a sporting decision -- one year ago we decided to send him on loan [to Fenerbahce], and then in the last year he didn't play because he was injured."

Pochettino said Spurs had tried to find a solution to the situation with Janssen wanting to leave, and added: "Always, he behaved well. That is so important, that he was very respectful with everyone."

Dunno if this is a sales pitch after we failed to offload him in January, but honestly, it fits what I had assumed was the case with Janssen. Everything we heard about him before he came in was that he was mentally strong, respectful, hard-working, etc. He never sounded like someone prone to disobeying his manager/coaching staff.

That he was frozen out so thoroughly was always somewhat of a mystery to me, given that background.

And I say this as someone who was very doubtful about him when he signed - I felt he was a one-trick pony, which wasn't what we needed in a forward.

Ether way, he's back now, and here's to him rising from the ashes and proving us all wrong. :)

Back