• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Really hope he gets a move this window, never saw anything on the pitch to fault his effort and worse players seemed to have been given more of a shot but to be ostracized as quickly and for as long as he has can’t just be to him being a victim of politics where he wasn’t Poch’s choice or being punished for not taking a move. For his career but also for our coffers we need to move him on. The only purpose he is serving is a reminder to anyone else what happens when you don’t toe the line!

Really hope he gets a move this window, never saw anything on the pitch to fault his effort and worse players seemed to have been given more of a shot but to be ostracized as quickly and for as long as he has can’t just be to him being a victim of politics where he wasn’t Poch’s choice or being punished for not taking a move. For his career but also for our coffers we need to move him on. The only purpose he is serving is a reminder to anyone else what happens when you don’t toe the line!

Apparently his attitude behind closed doors is terrible, diet wrong and pays no attention to fitness program.

He looked overweight when he got here and his body shape never changed.

I remember the Millwall game, he looked liked a builder from the stadium site.

Maybe he was doing the wiring?

Apparently his attitude behind closed doors is terrible, diet wrong and pays no attention to fitness program.

It just feels odd I remember reading an article about him about being hard working and when I have seen him play I thought it would possibly be a lack of technique rather than effort from the way he was on the pitch.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/13/tottenham-vincent-janssen-one-man-army-az-alkmaar

Nowadays I think players and managers sign agreements not to slag the club off in return for their compo / transfer but maybe one day we’ll find out the truth. All that matters now is we shift him to avoid paying his wage when there is 0 chance of him playing.

If that is true then it makes the support he received from fans and the derision that Sissoko received even more ironic.

Apparently his attitude behind closed doors is terrible, diet wrong and pays no attention to fitness program.[/B]

Where did this information come from??

Quick question. I realise it is highly unlikely Janssen will play for us again. Far more likely he gets move on this window. But in the event that he is still here when the window closes (wouldn't be unheard of for us to fail to get the business we want done) is he actually eligible to play in the first XI at the moment from a registration perspective?

Quick question. I realise it is highly unlikely Janssen will play for us again. Far more likely he gets move on this window. But in the event that he is still here when the window closes (wouldn't be unheard of for us to fail to get the business we want done) is he actually eligible to play in the first XI at the moment from a registration perspective?

At the end of the window we resubmit our squad lists dont we?

At the moment I fully expect him to be omitted.

All the signs are there has to be bad blood between him and Poch. Let it go!

I have. I just wondered what happens if he doesn't manage to get a move in the window. Presumably U23s. Hopefully he will find a club - for the sake of his football and his national team prospects.
...and our wage bill

I see he was involved in both our goals in today’s U23’s game. Regarding first team squad, if we have space at the end of January for another player and he’s still with us we might as well add him. If we have a worse run of injuries than we currently have and we don’t register him then we’d look pretty stupid.

I see he was involved in both our goals in today’s U23’s game. Regarding first team squad, if we have space at the end of January for another player and he’s still with us we might as well add him. If we have a worse run of injuries than we currently have and we don’t register him then we’d look pretty stupid.
Really? U din't think so. If Poch deems him not sufficient to be part of his first team plans we have to respect that. Look what he's done with limited means. And he re-integrated both Rose and Alderweireld after they seemed to be on the naughty step. Clearly Llorente does a better job (including training, which is where the players spend the bulk of their time) than VJ. And don't get me wrong, I loved seeing him hustle and bustle and put himself about, but clearly something has gone on that makes his presence with the first team squad untenable.

If he is disruptive or has not bought into Poch's methods, then including him in the first team squad could do long term damage and undermine the manager.

If he is disruptive or has not bought into Poch's methods, then including him in the first team squad could do long term damage and undermine the manager.

Just register him. Not necessarily move him from training with the U23 to the 1st team squad, if that is indeed is happening. If we don’t register him then he can’t be any use to us if we are desperate or if he’s working hard to right any wrongs etc and Poch then thinks he has a use for him. He wouldn’t be taking the place of any kid either as they wouldn’t need to be on the A list anyway.
I

If that’s the case surely you wouldn’t want him poisoning the well with the u23’s either?

Just register him. Not necessarily move him from training with the U23 to the 1st team squad, if that is indeed is happening. If we don’t register him then he can’t be any use to us if we are desperate or if he’s working hard to right any wrongs etc and Poch then thinks he has a use for him. He wouldn’t be taking the place of any kid either as they wouldn’t need to be on the A list anyway.
I

If he is disruptive then he will not get used anyway and you have undermined the manager for no benefit.

Far better to give an opportunity to an academy player, give them experience and reinforce what the manager expects of his players.

If that’s the case surely you wouldn’t want him poisoning the well with the u23’s either?

Poch seems to be doing the same as he did with Adebayor, Capoue and the others. I'd be delighted to be wrong though and for this to be the first stage of Jansen's reabilitation.

I have. I just wondered what happens if he doesn't manage to get a move in the window. Presumably U23s. Hopefully he will find a club - for the sake of his football and his national team prospects.
Other countries have different windows. China's is open till March, Brazil's never closes etc

Poch seems to be doing the same as he did with Adebayor, Capoue and the others. I'd be delighted to be wrong though and for this to be the first stage of Jansen's reabilitation.

He didn’t keep them around for 2 1/2 years, they were training away from the first team for a couple of months and moved on in the next window.

Janssen was an inexpensive transfer and a lower wage player approaching the last year of his contract, paying him off would be a trivial amount if he is trouble imo.

There’s a missing piece to this puzzle we’ve not worked out yet.

Back