• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

No worries matey, I know you get a bit excitable!

Janssen is disappointing, but, I think, only because there is something there. I really think he could be a good premiership player, and I really think he could work in our team - but undeniably last season was hardly a success.

That said, after a year of Llorente Janssens season doesnt look quite so bad!

Id be open to giving him pre season to play and see if he can come back into the squad.

I've watched Janssen play for Holland but not so much for AZ and when he came to us I was shocked!
My Ajax supporting mate who I know through computer wargaming just laughed!
Said he was "not for us". He kept tabs on him at Spurs and said he would not survive in the EPL.
I kept saying give him time blah blah. He was right!
Llorente is just too slow now.

I would be looking for EPL based players who's current clubs are struggling, we can't bid outright for 'a Rashford' and I can't see too many other options.
There may be more money in Daniels piggy bank! fingers crossed!

I've watched Janssen play for Holland but not so much for AZ and when he came to us I was shocked!
My Ajax supporting mate who I know through computer wargaming just laughed!
Said he was "not for us". He kept tabs on him at Spurs and said he would not survive in the EPL.
I kept saying give him time blah blah. He was right!
Llorente is just too slow now.

I would be looking for EPL based players who's current clubs are struggling, we can't bid outright for 'a Rashford' and I can't see too many other options.
There may be more money in Daniels piggy bank! fingers crossed!

I see, that makes more sense. Youve a previously informed opinion.

I saw nothing of him other than highlights and what he did for us. I remain convinced there is a player in there, but honestly if he left Id be completely un moved.

Plenty have come into the PL with no prior experience and been excellent. Just have plenty have moved within the league and flopped.

I dont care for premiership proven, rather simply the "right" player.

Im always open to poaching talent from struggling sides (really wanted Maguire from relegated Hull!) but this year I really dont see anything of value.

Rodriguez? No. Has been out for a long long time on big unjuries and hasnt found form since.
Rondon? Maybe as a plan D or E. A bit of a lump to disrupt defences, but not much else.
Crouch, Chupo-Moting, Diouf, Shaquiri, Jese? A big fat "no thanks!"
Austin, Gabbiadini, Long? Again, nothing there...

Thats not to say there arent players of interest at those clubs, but it is to say there are certainly no strikers of interest.

In fact, honestly, theres not a striker below Leicester (9th) I would want to poach.

I'd love Martial. He fits the bill perfectly beoing able to play accross the front 3, and is still young enough to be moulded by Poch. I've seen his wages quoted as £65k so doable on that front too. Would utd sell to us is another question though.

With a year left on his contract its not impossible.

Though highly unlikely all the same, IMO.

As I mentioned, we were very keen on him before Utd came along, maybe that could stand us in good stead?

Well i would be perfectly happy to see Janssen given another chance, however if its not to be then Rashford or Martial would both be good additions.

Would take any of them in a heartbeat over Jansen, to be honest. I'd be happy to give Jansen another chance as well, but I don't think we necessarily need an out and out replacement striker for Kane. We managed fine without him for a few games. If we got a Son-type versatile player in that could play behind the striker and that could get around the flanks as well, that would suit us better. Both Rashford and Martial would fit the bill. I reckon we're not going to get any of them though.

I haven’t really taken too much notice of Janssen since he went out on loan - does anyone know how he was doing, pre-injury? Do you think he was showing enough to convince Poch to give him another shot in the squad?

Would take any of them in a heartbeat over Jansen, to be honest. I'd be happy to give Jansen another chance as well, but I don't think we necessarily need an out and out replacement striker for Kane. We managed fine without him for a few games. If we got a Son-type versatile player in that could play behind the striker and that could get around the flanks as well, that would suit us better. Both Rashford and Martial would fit the bill. I reckon we're not going to get any of them though.

As you say we don't need a Kane clone and I think Poch realised that with his pick of Llorente as backup. When we got Llorente I thought it was a good choice for that very reason. A target man that could be plan B when we needed to go fairly direct. Llorente just had a good season, acclimatised to the PL, experienced pro - he ticked a good few boxes but it hasn't worked out and not all his own fault IMO. We seem strangely reluctant to cross it when he was the pitch which I could never understand. Anyway that ship has sailed.

Martial would be a great signing if we could persuade Utd to part with him, though failing that I would give Janssen another crack if he fancied it. I'm not sure he would though.

I agree that its unlikely we will get either of them, as for Janssen i do not think he is the same type of player as Kane so would be a alternative ploy. I still think in some games we could have Janssen leading the line and Kane in the hole behind him.

The amount of games Kane misses, it's not worth having a back up who doesn't play.
Son has been a much better plan B than any of our recent back up options. If Kane got seriously injured, we'd only be without a forward for half a season until the next window.

Janssen's strength is his hold-up play. Thats not something we need given we usually have most of the possession. Seems like a decent guy and will make a career somewhere, but think he's the wrong style player for us

How did you find out about the cool gang? It is meant to be a secret.
You obviously haven’t noticed that one of your number has been missing for the last few weeks!
He’s been very accommodating, sadly it has been at a high cost to him personally!

upload_2018-4-28_9-2-54.jpeg

Shame really, I really liked him, similarly with Holtby, but just seems he is not quite good enough. It is always going to be hard being an understudy to Kane. You will only get limited minutes on the pitch, and that will be hard to get any consistency going.
It also means we are unlikely to attract anyone of real top-notch quality as they are hardly going to want to a benchwarmer for a season

Back