• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Yup... Kane's league record at the start of 15/16 season...

ManU
Stoke (subbed off after 64 minutes)
Leicester
Everton
Sunderland
Crystal Palace
Emirates Marketing Project (first goal of season, in 61st minute)
Swansea (subbed after 81 minutes, having scored an own goal)
Liverpool

Minutes played: 775
Goals scored: 1

Then he scored a hat trick at Bournemouth and the rest is history...

Good find, it just goes to show that stats can be used to push agendas, ie Janssen has only scored 2 goals in lots of minutes so he not good enough. Stats are used wrongly by some and your research shows that stats are misleading in a lot of cases.

Good find, it just goes to show that stats can be used to push agendas, ie Janssen has only scored 2 goals in lots of minutes so he not good enough. Stats are used wrongly by some and your research shows that stats are misleading in a lot of cases.

One of my favourite quotes...."There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics"

groundhog_day1.jpg

Read these quotes from Vincent, I think it's exactly the right thing to have said.

"There have been a lot of rumours about me leaving but I have not been at the club for a year yet. When I joined I signed a long contract and I am happy here, of course I am disappointed with my number of goals but I am not a quitter. I like the club - my teammates, the staff, the fans, the training, everything - and we are doing well, so why would I leave?

"I have not scored as many goals as I wanted to but I know I have improved as a player and I am a better player now than I was last season. I like it here, I really enjoy it. I think it's been a good season for me. I know people will see my number of goals and maybe joke at that. But this is my first season in a new country at a new club and I have learnt so much.

"People think because I am from Holland and we all speak English there would not be any problems. But everything in England is still new to me. I don't see my family or friends. The club have been brilliant with me and done everything possible to try to help me settle in. You learn always and I have learnt so much this season. I am always confident and I believe I will score more goals next season."

I remember someone early in this thread saying one of the main reasons he was signed was because of his mental strength and that has just been reinforced with those quotes. Some of our own fans would do well to take these things into consideration too. I don't think he's going anywhere in the summer for two reasons. Firstly I think he will score a lot more next season having settled more, and secondly Poch LOVES people with his sort of attitude....

Read these quotes from Vincent, I think it's exactly the right thing to have said.

"People think because I am from Holland and we all speak English there would not be any problems. But everything in England is still new to me. I don't see my family or friends. The club have been brilliant with me and done everything possible to try to help me settle in. You learn always and I have learnt so much this season. I am always confident and I believe I will score more goals next season."

This last bit is a important point which a lot of fans seem unable to take into consideration when players come in from abroad. Moving abroad to a different country, culture etc is not easy at the best of times ( i know has i have done it several times). Add to that he is still a kid who is learning the game played at a much faster pace, more physical and its not surprising ( to me) that he has not settled as quick as some fans THINK he should.

I see a very good player who is looking better every time he plays and i am sure he will be a very good player for us.

so Vincent "one goal from open play all season" Janssen's last game for us before he finds his level at say Brighton or Swansea, i did like his offside goal against Leicester, he just doesn't have a clue whats around him, should be a very open game against Hull and he really should get on the scoresheet but we've been saying that all season................

so Vincent "one goal from open play all season" Janssen's last game for us before he finds his level at say Brighton or Swansea, i did like his offside goal against Leicester, he just doesn't have a clue whats around him, should be a very open game against Hull and he really should get on the scoresheet but we've been saying that all season................

He seems more dedicated to the team than you.

Any progress on those lottery numbers?

He will not play today, so it cannot be his last game, even with your, so called logic.

I remember someone early in this thread saying one of the main reasons he was signed was because of his mental strength and that has just been reinforced with those quotes. Some of our own fans would do well to take these things into consideration too. I don't think he's going anywhere in the summer for two reasons. Firstly I think he will score a lot more next season having settled more, and secondly Poch LOVES people with his sort of attitude....

I don't think is attitude or work rate has ever been in question.

I don't think is attitude or work rate has ever been in question.
That point wasn't about anyone questioning his attitude. It was to remember it being a critical factor in why we signed him. A lot of strikers wouldn't show the hunger he does when he gets on the pitch playing second fiddle and this will be a key thing. He clearly has quality that will come to fruition I. The coming years, but you need a certain mentality to sit on the bench for periods of time watching your competition score a bucket load of goals. Every interview he comes across as so positive and determined even though he hasn't succeeded as of yet, he's a good asset and with his attitude will likely prove a superb understudy.....

"There have been a lot of rumours about me leaving but I have not been at the club for a year yet. When I joined I signed a long contract and I am happy here, of course I am disappointed with my number of goals but I am not a quitter. I like the club - my teammates, the staff, the fans, the training, everything - and we are doing well, so why would I leave?

"I have not scored as many goals as I wanted to but I know I have improved as a player and I am a better player now than I was last season. I like it here, I really enjoy it. I think it's been a good season for me. I know people will see my number of goals and maybe joke at that. But this is my first season in a new country at a new club and I have learnt so much.

Brilliant attitude. Hopefully Poch shows faith and gives him a second year at least.

He made the run for the expecting the pass as the best placed forward, but we saddled, I think to tee up harry, that's not did fault.

Tottenham striker Vincent Janssen is “keeping all options open” ahead of a possible departure from White Hart Lane.

The Dutch international endured a disappointing debut season in England after his £20million move from AZ Alkmaar, scoring just twice from open play across 38 appearances in all competitions.

Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino increasingly lost faith in Janssen during the second half of the season, handing the striker just one Premier League start from November onwards, and the 22-year-old is expected to be among those who leave Tottenham in the summer.

Speculation in the Netherla“I cannot say anything about that,” Janssen told De Telegraaf when asked about a possible move back to the Eredivisie. “I keep all options open.”

He added: “[My future] is a matter for after the holidays. I want the prospect of more playing time, but otherwise I’m now better keeping my mouth shut.”

Janssen was envisaged as a backup for striker Harry Kane when he first arrived last summer but it was hoped the pair might be able to strike up a partnership when required.nds has suggested that Janssen could be bound for a leading Dutch club but he insisted he had yet to make a decision over where he would be playing next season.

That never transpired and Kane proved himself to be undroppable, winning the Golden Boot with a return of 29 goals from 30 Premier League appearances.

“I initially found it difficult with my role as a substitute, sometimes sat in the stands at Spurs, but I learned to deal with it,” Janssen added.

“As a young player I had to compete with Harry Kane, the top scorer of the Premier League, arguably the toughest league in the world. And a striker performing remains in the team.

Does that read as if he has not been given any assurances and doesn't know his role at the club?

I wouldn't be suprised if we got a new striker in to offer something more and if that happens Janssen might not want to fight it out, especially if the new no.2 striker hits the ground running.

I would be massively surprised if we signed another striker without Janssen leaving. What we might get is another player like Son, who can play up front if necessary, but it isn't his primary position.

I would also be quite surprised to see Janssen go as we'd have a really hard time finding someone as good, never mind better, to replace him.

I would be massively surprised if we signed another striker without Janssen leaving. What we might get is another player like Son, who can play up front if necessary, but it isn't his primary position.

I would also be quite surprised to see Janssen go as we'd have a really hard time finding someone as good, never mind better, to replace him.

I agree.

Back