• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

I didn't say we sold him for a pathetic reason, although it was certainly questionable and a mistake imo.

What I meant by it was that we were made fools of by Emirates Marketing Project - they blatantly tapped him up and took a speculative approach of telling Walker to kick up a fuss in the hopeful attempt it might make us open to selling him. We were total idiots and fell for it, hence Poch wanting him out.

He's a truly formidable player and the best in the world in his position. We should have sorted it out and not have taken this ridiculous stance of 'oh you've caused a fuss, out you go'.

Poch should have sorted it out and he'd still be here now which would massively be to our benefit. Or do you think he would have reacted to staying by running around the training ground with a sword in his hand taking aim at everyone in sight?

It was pathetic that we pulled our pants down, bent over and let Emirates Marketing Project have their way with us.

That's how it went down whether you like hearing it or not.

Poch was wrong to want such an incredible player sold. It is not to the teams benefit that he was sold. He did not do anything so severe to warrant Poch wanting rid. He did nothing anywhere close to what Rose did in the press.

Poch made a mistake on this one, hopefully he's learnt from it.

What Poch is building with us relies on having players who buy into the "project" and who WANT to be at the club.
As soon as Walker told Poch "my heart isn't here any more. Nor is my head. I've given all I have to give..I want to leave this summer" then there really was no way back. World class or not, if he is openly saying he won't give anymore, then he's better off out of the club. It's about the team, the collective, not any individual.
I actually see that as very different to a player saying they believe they are not being paid their true value - a player can feel they deserve more money, but still want to stay at the club if the two can be reconciled. But "my heart is not here any more" is a massive statement that goes against everything we know about Poch and his expectations of his players.
Also, I don't recall a bidding war for "the best in the world in his position". Only one club were after him. And they had to pay a world record fee to get him.

And back to Wanyama. One report that says Liverpool are "monitoring" him (whatever that means) and suddenly we're likely to sell him, because we sold Walker? Where has that even come from?

I didn't say we sold him for a pathetic reason, although it was certainly questionable and a mistake imo.

What I meant by it was that we were made fools of by Emirates Marketing Project - they blatantly tapped him up and took a speculative approach of telling Walker to kick up a fuss in the hopeful attempt it might make us open to selling him. We were total idiots and fell for it, hence Poch wanting him out.

He's a truly formidable player and the best in the world in his position. We should have sorted it out and not have taken this ridiculous stance of 'oh you've caused a fuss, out you go'.

Poch should have sorted it out and he'd still be here now which would massively be to our benefit. Or do you think he would have reacted to staying by running around the training ground with a sword in his hand taking aim at everyone in sight?

It was pathetic that we pulled our pants down, bent over and let Emirates Marketing Project have their way with us.

Poch was wrong to want such an incredible player sold. It is not to the teams benefit that he was sold. He did not do anything so severe to warrant Poch wanting rid. He did nothing anywhere close to what Rose did in the press.

How much is known about how desperate Walker was to leave?

We have no way of knowing what would have happened if Pochettino had refused to sell Walker.

Once a player says things Walker said there is rarely anyway back, the manager will feel he's not buying into the plan and team mates start thinking he's put himself above them and the team.

Tell me it's not in The Sun

No this load of rubbish comes some throw away comments on BT Sport by Gerrard.
Saying they need a proper defensive central mid like Wanyama, he was watching Spurs.

That's all it takes sadly

No this load of rubbish comes some throw away comments on BT Sport by Gerrard.
Saying they need a proper defensive central mid like Wanyama, he was watching Spurs.

That's all it takes sadly

I see they're also signing Isco based on a Spanish rag writing that he's had a falling out with Ronaldo.

What Poch is building with us relies on having players who buy into the "project" and who WANT to be at the club.
As soon as Walker told Poch "my heart isn't here any more. Nor is my head. I've given all I have to give..I want to leave this summer" then there really was no way back. World class or not, if he is openly saying he won't give anymore, then he's better off out of the club. It's about the team, the collective, not any individual.
I actually see that as very different to a player saying they believe they are not being paid their true value - a player can feel they deserve more money, but still want to stay at the club if the two can be reconciled. But "my heart is not here any more" is a massive statement that goes against everything we know about Poch and his expectations of his players.
Also, I don't recall a bidding war for "the best in the world in his position". Only one club were after him. And they had to pay a world record fee to get him.

And back to Wanyama. One report that says Liverpool are "monitoring" him (whatever that means) and suddenly we're likely to sell him, because we sold Walker? Where has that even come from?

We've all heard the 'it's about the collective thing' more than once and whilst I understand and largely agree with it, let's not be so naive to think it's the be all and end all towards our success as a Club.

Let's also not be so naive to read too much into the words Walker supposedly used to get his move. He likely just came out with whatever achieved his aims of satisfying the team that tapped him up and promised to double his wages. My hearts not it in? Haha! He's only earning 75k pw playing football, bloody hell his poor heart it must ache LOL.

The next gimp who gets tapped up and promised double the wage will just say my hearts not in it now! Rose suddenly needs us again due to his questionable knee but if he didn't that would be his very line this summer to get his move to united.

We should have simply said to Walker 'shut up and get on that training pitch'.

Not sure if last bit is aimed at me but I didn't say we are likely to sell Wanyama due to Walker. It's just that I wouldn't rule it out given what happened with Walker. I mean what if pool got CL over us and promised Vic double the wage and Vic tells Poch his poor heart isn't in it anymore! What do we do then? By your measure we sell by my measure I say we tell him to shut up.

Anyway not going on about this anymore as no one agrees with me (lol) and although we don't ban people who disagree with the party line (like another forum) there is a policy of interfering with their personal profile, which has happened to me and a few others before so I'll leave it there :)

Wow, you make it sound like we sold Messi.

Back