• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

That is one of those goals that you can watch, rewatch and then watch again and it still fills you with pride when it goes in. Along with:

Edman at the Kop End
Gazza Free Kick v scum
Ziege Free Kick v scum
Ginola rocket
Thudd goal up at Emirates Marketing Project

etc etc

Give him a half or 60 mins against Newport to build up his fitness and then start him in the NLD
100% - it will be an intense game from the off i feel and will need him in CM - can't afford to turnover possession as cheaply as we did at times today

A very nice strike today. One of 'those' strikes where a midfielder not known for his shooting, runs onto a ball and lashes it home. Reminded me of similar from the likes of Leroy Fer in the past... you aren't expecting much and then WHAMMO!

A stunning goal.
Understndably the main focus and talking points shifted to the penalty incidents and of course Kane’s 100th.
But nonetheless it’s a goal that will go down in our folklore.

A stunning goal.
Understndably the main focus and talking points shifted to the penalty incidents and of course Kane’s 100th.
But nonetheless it’s a goal that will go down in our folklore.

Keeper was about 3 days late on the dive

Hit with the laces, slight outside of boot, starts outside post and swings in ... brilliant hit

That ball would've been in orbit now, if it hadn't been stopped. What a sweet strike.

Against Arsenil yeah I agree. Him and Dembele to dominate.

Which makes for a very interesting problem for Poch...

Assuming Wanyama gets some minutes against Newport, he'll be knocking on the door come Saturday.
Dembele will be a shoe in so long as rested midweek.
Toby should get 90 against Newport and will be hopefully ready. He nullified Aubameyang in CL so should def be considered for such a big game. Esp as Sanchez looked suspect against Liv.
Dier, whilst i think he's been inconsistent, was very good at home to United.

If any two of those play, it likely means Son will be sacrificed, which then takes out our attacking options and pace. Something i think will cause Arsenal problems.

And even though he's unfit, i'm still struggling to see where Moura fits in right now.

Nicer problems to have, as they say.

Which makes for a very interesting problem for Poch...

Assuming Wanyama gets some minutes against Newport, he'll be knocking on the door come Saturday.
Dembele will be a shoe in so long as rested midweek.
Toby should get 90 against Newport and will be hopefully ready. He nullified Aubameyang in CL so should def be considered for such a big game. Esp as Sanchez looked suspect against Liv.
Dier, whilst i think he's been inconsistent, was very good at home to United.

If any two of those play, it likely means Son will be sacrificed, which then takes out our attacking options and pace. Something i think will cause Arsenal problems.

And even though he's unfit, i'm still struggling to see where Moura fits in right now.

Nicer problems to have, as they say.

It comes down to strategy

- Our biggest problem is when we go behind early, our record once we take the lead is crazy good.

If we feel like the Scum are going to come out gate hard at us (I haven't looked at their games recently, but they were 3-0 in 20 mins against Everton), then we may just want to be solid, grind them down, then bring Son & Moura in later to kill them with directness and pace.

It comes down to strategy

- Our biggest problem is when we go behind early, our record once we take the lead is crazy good.

If we feel like the Scum are going to come out gate hard at us (I haven't looked at their games recently, but they were 3-0 in 20 mins against Everton), then we may just want to be solid, grind them down, then bring Son & Moura in later to kill them with directness and pace.

Everton were awful, I meant truly awful. Like a bunch of kids

If arsenal play that team against us we will have a field day I think as there was no defensive nous at all

Everton were awful, I meant truly awful. Like a bunch of kids

If arsenal play that team against us we will have a field day I think as there was no defensive nous at all

Same as normal then? the only time they have had a good defence is when Wenger inherited the Graham Back four. Since then its got down and down.

Liverpool are monitoring Tottenham's 26-year-old Kenya midfielder Victor Wanyama amid uncertainty over 24-year-old Germany midfielder Emre Can's future at Anfield

I want to be a billionaire and have a 9 inch rooster but you can't always get what you want can you !!

Back